The Student Room Group

Access course - when do certificates come in post?

I've already received a transcript from the college whch can be used as proof for my grades to meet my requirements for university, but I'm just curious to know: When do the real certificates get sent out?

I'd be interested to know when certificates were received from anyone who did an Access course in 2009/10, or really from anyone who knows when.
Reply 1
August, about the same time as A-Levels (spoke to OCN EMR yesterday about this very issue).

Some universities can be funny about acepting the college produced transcript and whilst they are willing to accept it as temporary proof still want to see the awarding body version.
Reply 2
Original post by James1977
August, about the same time as A-Levels (spoke to OCN EMR yesterday about this very issue).

Some universities can be funny about acepting the college produced transcript and whilst they are willing to accept it as temporary proof still want to see the awarding body version.

Cheers
Reply 3
For Newcastle College the certificates are posted week commencing 25th July.
Reply 4
I really need my certificate to come through pretty quick. The university want my certificate like now, or they may withdraw my offer. I have been told that the certificate is likely to come out to me around about september. So I am really hoping it comes out in August.
Reply 5
Original post by JD_Fatboy
I really need my certificate to come through pretty quick. The university want my certificate like now, or they may withdraw my offer. I have been told that the certificate is likely to come out to me around about september. So I am really hoping it comes out in August.

This seems a little strange to me that they should be trying to demand a certificate for Access when there's still a couple of weeks until the A level results are out?

I'd call the admissions office and confirm you are attending. to set your mind at ease.
Probably trying to make their own lives easier by getting all the "non standard" stuff out the way before the deluge of A level results. Access, SAT's, IB etc etc.

Laziness, basically.
Reply 7
Original post by James1977

Where did you do your course? Mine was OCN EMR as well - Leicester college.

A-levels come out late August??? -
Reply 8
Original post by BigV
Where did you do your course? Mine was OCN EMR as well - Leicester college.

A-levels come out late August??? -

where i live Big V A levels results come out 17th August.I contacted my college as we didnt receive any results of what we had obtained Pre-Access wise and i guess we only get the final certificates during the time the A level results come out.So i guess if a student does the Access diploma this particular college must give u a official statement of your Access diploma next year ie result wise.But then again it must depen on the Open college Network u with.
Reply 9
Just an update...got a letter from my college saying our certificates will be available for collection on the 17th...bit of a relief tbh because it means I don't have to worry about them getting lost in the post :tongue:
Reply 10
Mine is September 1st and have to go to a presentation evening to collect (and pay £6 for the privilege) or personally collect from office from the 5th September! Got results though last week!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending