The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Capo_Kid
I was there on the 20th of March, we was all in the big hall having interviews while they had stuff going on around the edges.

Oh thats good then glad to hear it went well. It was good thanks, he didn't actually ask me anything testing at all. Most of it was about my personal statement which had nothing to do with Chemistry! The only question he did ask about it was "So what are you enjoying in Chemistry at the moment?" so it was a really laid back interview. I also got offered a place so it must have gone well :smile:

Did you receive and offer from them?

Haha atleast it went well and you got the offer :smile:
Yep glad to say i got an offer too, phew. I'm planning on making it my insurance, what about you?
Original post by Faiza_Z_A
Haha atleast it went well and you got the offer :smile:
Yep glad to say i got an offer too, phew. I'm planning on making it my insurance, what about you?

Oh awesome congrats! No I declined there offer sadly I put Kings as my insurance and UCL as my firm.

Where have you firmed?
Oh awesome congrats! No I declined there offer sadly I put Kings as my insurance and UCL as my firm.

Where have you firmed?

I though Kings didn't do chemistry??

And heeeeeey i put UCL as my firm too :smile:
Maybe i'll seeya there haha

They've just re-opened and have a Chemistry with Biomedicine course
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/biohealth/research/divisions/chemistry/about/index.aspx
Original post by Witty Username
They've just re-opened and have a Chemistry with Biomedicine course
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/biohealth/research/divisions/chemistry/about/index.aspx

Oh yeah I saw that one, thanks :smile:

But they don't have a staight chemistry course yet I don't think

Where have you firmed?

AS grades guys?
Original post by chignesh10
AS grades guys?

I didn't do my A levels. I'm a mature student and am currently doing an Access course. :smile:
Reply 1427
Just firmed Bristol and insured York yay :smile: anyone else pick those?
AS grades guys?

I got ABBB, and am predicted AAB :smile:
I got ABBB, and am predicted AAB :smile:

Ah ok, do you think ABBB will be good enough for UCL?
How was your interview!?
(by the way so jealous of u getting an offer from UCL!)
Original post by Joshc93
Just firmed Bristol and insured York yay :smile: anyone else pick those?

Why decline ox
How was your interview!?

UCLs minimum requirement is AAA.

However, I received an AB offer from UCL because I did A Level math a year in advance and got an A*.... so that might have been a contributing factor to the slightly lower offer.
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan

However, I received an AB offer from UCL because I did A Level math a year in advance and got an A*.... so that might have been a contributing factor to the slightly lower offer.

Ive seen people getting offers from UCL with less than AAA at AS level, unless you mean A2?
Ive seen people getting offers from UCL with less than AAA at AS level, unless you mean A2?

Yes, at A2.
Reply 1434
Why decline ox

january grades weren't good enough + wasn't sure I really liked the atmosphere there

Edit: Re: The neg, i'm very sorry that my grades have disappointed you, anonymous person on the internet whom I have never met
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes, at A2.

What would you say is the minimum for AS?
How was your interview!?

Yep i think so, since they gave me an offer.
At the interview they said that the chemistry department takes a range of grades because each person is different. So the grades ABBB at AS should be ok, but honestly i was suprised myself that they even gave me an interview.

I think getting in depends a lot on your personal statement too which is probably i got an interview. The interview itself was laid back and sort of like a half open day too. We had an intro talk then sat through a lecture and had to answer questions on it later, then had our actual interview and a tour of the university. Overall it wasn't bad at all, people were really nice over there.

Haha, well i wasn't expecting it either and they gave my an offer for ABB so i really believe personal statement and interviews count not just grades :smile:

Hope that helped
Yep i think so, since they gave me an offer.
At the interview they said that the chemistry department takes a range of grades because each person is different. So the grades ABBB at AS should be ok, but honestly i was suprised myself that they even gave me an interview.

I think getting in depends a lot on your personal statement too which is probably i got an interview. The interview itself was laid back and sort of like a half open day too. We had an intro talk then sat through a lecture and had to answer questions on it later, then had our actual interview and a tour of the university. Overall it wasn't bad at all, people were really nice over there.

Haha, well i wasn't expecting it either and they gave my an offer for ABB so i really believe personal statement and interviews count not just grades :smile:

Hope that helped

Ah ok really helpful, what sort of stuff did you write in your personal statement?
Firmed for Bath, and insured for Southampton. Really looking forward to studying Chemistry full time! And the overall, as they call it, uni experience :biggrin: !

I agree with the post about statements and interviews. What they want is a really enthusiastic person, who is really interested in the subject way more than a person who is studying for the sake of it. I'm only predicted B's but got 4 out of 5 offers, 4 of those applications were for MChem asking for AAB in their prospectus'.
Finally put my choices on ucas today ! now just have to get the grades :/

Latest

Trending

Trending