The Student Room Group
Reply 1
foolfarian
What the heck was that about? i've never heard anything like it

What? Who? When?

Must keep my ears open in future...
Reply 2
I know!! Fireworks in Cam seem to happen a lot (and not on 5th November). I'm also (I think..) near some emergency services depots so we get ambulance, police and fireengines setting off (with sirens blaring) all day and night. OOO I miss Devon... so peaceful....
Reply 3
foolfarian
What the heck was that about? i've never heard anything like it

Dunno, but they looked pretty from my kitchen window, and I think they were quite close too. Interesting...

Can't believe you didn't hear them, MadNatSci! They were massive!
Reply 4
blissy
I know!! Fireworks in Cam seem to happen a lot (and not on 5th November). I'm also (I think..) near some emergency services depots so we get ambulance, police and fireengines setting off (with sirens blaring) all day and night. OOO I miss Devon... so peaceful....

you must be parker's piece area then, that's where the fire and police stations are... dunno about Ambulances!

I didn't see any fireworks :frown:, I went to formal tonight and then to the caius may ball launch (after-)party... so I'm fairly out of it... maybe that's why I didn't hear them!

I'm such a lightweight these days, it's shocking!

Alaric.
Alaric
you must be parker's piece area then, that's where the fire and police stations are... dunno about Ambulances!

I didn't see any fireworks :frown:, I went to formal tonight and then to the caius may ball launch (after-)party... so I'm fairly out of it... maybe that's why I didn't hear them!

I'm such a lightweight these days, it's shocking!

Alaric.

could well have been the caius launch . it would figure with being a may ball launch, and caius is a biggy (specially as its biannual)
J
Reply 6
foolfarian
could well have been the caius launch . it would figure with being a may ball launch, and caius is a biggy (specially as its biannual)
J

Ooooh... May Balls.... so exciting:biggrin:
Reply 7
foolfarian
J

Was it coming from the direction of Harvey court? They had the main bit there, but I only caught up with them at Ischa for the after-party thing... and the bar had run out of goldschlager so I couldn't have the cocktail I wanted. Bah. I had an odd combination of peach schnapps and sparkling wine instead.

Alaric.
Reply 8
i heard there were fireworks, and heard them at robinson, but why or where i do not know
Reply 9
Alaric
Was it coming from the direction of Harvey court? They had the main bit there, but I only caught up with them at Ischa for the after-party thing... and the bar had run out of goldschlager so I couldn't have the cocktail I wanted. Bah. I had an odd combination of peach schnapps and sparkling wine instead.

Alaric.

Well, yeah, that would make a lot of sense - they were South of Mem court, but quite close, so Harvey Court would fit perfectly. Well done, Holmes!
Reply 10
it was the Caius May Ball launch in the Harvey Court gardens indeed. very pretty too. especially loud if you're 20 metres away from the explosions.

the only problem with such "biggy" may balls is that they tend to leave rather large holes in one's already sad accounts...

Latest

Trending

Trending