The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Micronesia notes that examples of anti-semitism include:
Micronesia condemns these representatives in the strongest possible terms and hopes that other representatives will follow suit with condemnation of their own.

Cuba echoes Micronesia and condemns any representatives using anti-semitic (or anti-Islamic, for that matter) language.

Cuba condemns the anti-semitic cartoons from the Arab media, but feels that specific criticism of either Ariel Sharon or the Prophet Muhammed should not be suppressed.
Reply 41
teehar
no, not removing freedom of the press. instead removing incitement to Racial hatred. if i walked down the street tomorrow, shouting kill the jews, bring back hitler, would you agree that it is my right to freedom to say this? if so why are muslims who encourage suicide bombings apprehended? if someone goes on the radio and says exterminate the muslims, you can't seriously be suggesting that this is fine. the point is, by not acting adequately to such actions, the denmark government is simply isolating the muslim community in denmark and making them more vulnerable to islamic extremism.
Groups and individuals in France can and do, and whilst this representative personally finds such comments abhorrent, France recognises the rights of its citizens to engage in free political discourse.

France asks how the Denmark government is implicated in this affair (is that the right word?), seeing as the article in question was published by a private individual in line with European laws on press freedom.
Reply 42
Because you used the term "Jewish" as opposed to "Israeli."
Are not 100% of the settlers Jewish? And they don't live in Israel,. they live in occupied Palestine.

For the Morrocon case, you used their nationality, not their religion.
anti-semitism can be used as a term to describe racism towards all Jews, athiest Jews too. You know this.

EDIT: I notice you are only challenging me for calling you anti-semitic. If you scroll up, you'll see I am not the only one disgusted by your comment.
I challenege everyone

Urm, considering just about every picture contains the Star of David which is supposed to represent the Jews. Look, if you can't tell what is anti-semitic about them, your brain is obviously tuned to not be able to recognise any form of anti-semitism. I'm not going to go through each picture with you and explain because I have better things to do. The Auschwitz one says it all. Why, if they are only anti-Israel, not anti-Jew, did they have to refer to the Holocaust? It's sick
Israel is 'the Jewish state' with a star of david right in the middle of it's flags (jewish symbol yeh?) Jews were called upon to migrate to Israel and any Jew can go and live in Israel unlike non-jews. So to effectively disconnect Israel from Jews is stupid. They referred to the Holocaust because as the worlds only Jewish state (A phrase used by yourself and fellow Zionists when it comes in handy) the Holocaust has relevenace to Israel.

*Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis.
So are Israelis anti semitic when they put a start of David in their flag? This is stupid.
Reply 43
Northumbrian
So are Israelis anti semitic when they put a start of David in their flag? This is stupid.

"Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis."

No, but using a swastika etc would be.

--------------

Northumbrian
Are not 100% of the settlers Jewish? And they don't live in Israel,. they live in occupied Palestine.

Are the Arab settlers who live in Palestine also vermin?
Reply 44
Can I just point out: this is the MUN, not D&D. Can everyone please stick to a more formal style of posting, avoiding quote by quote posts and using the appropriate "France asks whether/requests that/enquires" style of posting.

We're here to discuss events, not have heated debates over the semantics.
Reply 45
"Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis."

No, but using a swastika etc would be.
Why not? The anti semitic Germans made Jews wear star of davids. And that was a criticism the delegate from Israel themselves used against one of the cartoons.

Are the Arab settlers who live in Palestine also vermin?
Does the...sorry I've forgotten your position, have some information of some Arabs who have stolen land from and shot at the Palestinians? Who have stolen resources, water and polluted the lan of the Palestinians?
JonathanH
*Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis.
Could the representative for Micronesia clarify what this means, because I for one am not sure.
teehar
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4567940.stm

We demand that Denmark aprrehends those responsible for this sick joke and takes neccessary measures. This is a clear form of racism and must be dealt with swiftly.

As one of Denmak's European Neighbours, Sweden would like to suggest that the delegate concentrates on running their own country rather than telling others how to run the internal politics of theirs.
Agent Smith
Could the representative for Micronesia clarify what this means, because I for one am not sure.

Micronesia was quoting directly from the referenced EU document, but to give the description in full:
*Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.

If you refer to the earlier referenced anti-semitic cartoons (http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/ArabCartoons.htm), you will see the way that this imagery is used with pictures of Jews playing in Arab blood, controlling the US, controlling the world media etc. You know, the cartoons about which Venezuela remarked:
Northumbrian
I don't see what's overtly anti semitic about those.
Reply 49
Northumbrian
Does the...sorry I've forgotten your position, have some information of some Arabs who have stolen land from and shot at the Palestinians? Who have stolen resources, water and polluted the lan of the Palestinians?

Yes, Jordanians and Egyptians. And the Moroccan Arabs that occupy the Sahara? Are they vermin?
Reply 50
pictures of Jews playing in Arab blood
So even when Jews do committ bloody crimes we're not allowed to talk about it? :rolleyes:

Yes, Jordanians and Egyptians.
If you could show some details I'd be happy to give Venezuela's response.

And the Moroccan Arabs that occupy the Sahara? Are they vermin?
Indeed they are.
Northumbrian
So even when Jews do committ bloody crimes we're not allowed to talk about it? :rolleyes:
If the delegate cannot see the difference between discussing alleged criminality of SOME Jews and publishing pictures of stereotypical Jews or Jewish leaders playing in/drinking blood, then there is obviously no point engaging in any discourse with him.
According to you, pictures of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban should be banned, but Jews stereotyped as evil world/media controlling,nazi-like monsters, playing in blood is fine. These ridiculous double-standards and outrageous hypocrisy are condemned in the harshest possible terms by Micronesia. Micronesia is disgusted with the attitude of the Venezuelan delegate and the constant anti-semitic feeling and rhetoric from him. He constantly tries to assert that he is not anti-semitic and yet he maligns and insults Jews, rails constantly against Israel in hideous terms, defends heinous anti-semitism and deliberately pretends to miss the point when simple points are made (as above).
Above he clearly tries to assert that other delegates try to suppress discussion of inspecific "bloody crimes" committed by "Jews" when all they are doing is complaining about the anti-semitism behind and present in pictures of stereotypical Jews etc. and representative Jewish symbols bathing in blood.
Micronesia wishes to condemn the anti-semitic, hypocritical, sordid statements of the Venezuelan delegate and once again note that he has constantly been anti-semitic (as clearly defined in the document cited on the previous page) and has not only not apologised or even properly responded, but has continued in much the same vain.

Micronesia urges ALL delegates to condemn Venezuela for their continued rabidly anti-semitic attitude.
Reply 52
Northumbrian
If you could show some details I'd be happy to give Venezuela's response.

You know very well that Jordan and Egypt occupied Palestine and that Palestinian Arabs were threatened with violence for accepting a deal or citizenship with Israel.

Indeed they are.

So Arab settlers and Jewish settlers are vermin? Are all settlers vermin?
Reply 53
If the delegate cannot see the difference between discussing alleged criminality of SOME Jews and publishing pictures of stereotypical Jews or Jewish leaders playing in/drinking blood, then there is obviously no point engaging in any discourse with him.
The Jews referred to are 'some jews' as are the leaders. They do not represent the entire world Jewry.

According to you, pictures of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban should be banned, but Jews stereotyped as evil world/media controlling,nazi-like monsters, playing in blood is fine.
Venezuela does not believe that all Jews were being stereotyped as evil.

rails constantly against Israel in hideous terms
How is that anti-semitic?

and present in pictures of stereotypical Jews etc. and representative Jewish symbols bathing in blood.
Jewish symbols like the star of david which appears on the Israeli flag? Or the Menorah which I believe appears on the Israeli passport? Or the Kippah which the vast majority of settlers wear?

You know very well that Jordan and Egypt occupied Palestine and that Palestinian Arabs were threatened with violence for accepting a deal or citizenship with Israel.
You were talking about Arab settlers in Palestine, not Arab occupations in Palestine.

So Arab settlers and Jewish settlers are vermin? Are all settlers vermin?
It depends, quite evidently, on the circumstances.
Reply 54
Carl
Can I just point out: this is the MUN, not D&D. Can everyone please stick to a more formal style of posting, avoiding quote by quote posts and using the appropriate "France asks whether/requests that/enquires" style of posting.

We're here to discuss events, not have heated debates over the semantics.
Thanks for ignoring this post :rolleyes:
Reply 55
the KSA would like to reiterate the point made by the esteemed delegate of France. It is time we put our petty squabbles behind us and instead participated in the UN in the correct manner.
It's time we stopped arguing politics and concentrated on forming points with the corect semantics?

--------------

Northumbrian
The Jews referred to are 'some jews' as are the leaders. They do not represent the entire world Jewry.
So, Venezuela is accusing Jewish leaders of bloody crimes then.

Northumbrian
Venezuela does not believe that all Jews were being stereotyped as evil.
Venezuela is obviously blind.

Northumbrian
How is that anti-semitic?
See the previously referenced document and see what it says about that sort of thing. You do exactly what it describes as anti-semitism constantly. In regard to Jews and Israel. Anti-semite.

Northumbrian
Jewish symbols like the star of david which appears on the Israeli flag? Or the Menorah which I believe appears on the Israeli passport? Or the Kippah which the vast majority of settlers wear?
So what you're saying is that putting Jewish symbols in blood and portraing stereotypical Jews and Jewish symbols as bloodthirsty and evil (in classic anti-semitic style) is fine, because the symbols are also used by the State of Israel? You're deranged. Your defences of classic, obvious, acknowledged anti-semitism are disgusting, your positions against Jews are sick.

Micronesia once again notes the anti-semitic stances of Venezuela and the constant failure to address the concerns issued in a proper manner. Viewing the document on the previous page, Venezuela has been guilt of anti-semitism in a number of ways and on a number of occasions. Micronesia once again condemns the delegate and urges others to follow suit.
JonathanH
Micronesia was quoting directly from the referenced EU document, but to give the description in full:
*Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.

If you refer to the earlier referenced anti-semitic cartoons (http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/ArabCartoons.htm), you will see the way that this imagery is used with pictures of Jews playing in Arab blood, controlling the US, controlling the world media etc. You know, the cartoons about which Venezuela remarked:
OK, sorry. I think I was stuck in stupid mode. The representative for Micronesia is thanked for responding, anyway.
Reply 58
Northumbrian
You were talking about Arab settlers in Palestine, not Arab occupations in Palestine.

"have some information of some Arabs who have stolen land"

Your terms for Arab settlers and the request I responded to.

Largely irrelevant because on what basis does occupying land exempt you from being "vermin"? Again we see the double standards in your hatred for the State of Israel and the Jewish people in Palestine. Occupying forces that deprived Palestinian Arabs of a state, their freedom and their land were "temporarily justified" in suppressing the sovereignity of the "distinct" Palestinian, yet ordinary Palestinian Jews who came to or existed in Palestine settled on or bought land, lived from it and want to see a free Palestinian state for their Arab neighbours are "vermin" and a "cancer". If the welfare of the small Palestinian Arab population is your concern, then your hypocrisy can only be explained through anti-Semitism or a lack of factual clarity.

It depends, quite evidently, on the circumstances.

Well no its not evident, because the only defining circumstances for you appear to be whether a settler is Jewish or not.
Vienna
then your hypocrisy can only be explained through anti-Semitism or a lack of factual clarity.

Micronesia believes that both probably play a part in the stances of the delegate of Venezuela.

Latest

Trending

Trending