The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i understand your point and appreciate your input, but my stance isnt anti-US. I criticise the US for actions which are not deemed acceptable by KSA. I am not saying lets burn american flags and we want war with America. rather i am attempting to provoke the US to think twice before acting. something which any nation would do, no matter how pro-US they are. the KSA is a key ally of the US in the middle east. but they do not bend over backwards to agree with all American actions. the KSA is not best friends with Iran in an anti-US message. instead the KSA is attempting to improve relations with Iran in an attempt to bring peace and stability to the region. We pursue more diplomatic routes, rather than invading a country that does not fit into our view of the way the world should be. Iraq was not a message of complete anti-americanism but instead a message that we would voice our opinions even if they did not coincide with US foreign policy.
Reply 21
Kondar
KSA cannot publicly condone the Iraqi war, but I promise you they support it. Remember why Bin Laden was exited from SA? It was because he wanted arab support to go to war with Iraq rather than the Americans, he stated that the Americans were just as big of enemies as Iraq was!

The last thing KSA wants to see is a nuclear Iran with a crazy tyrant at the helm. SA has never been (recently) vocal about speaking out against the US and the US takes their interests into serious consideration.

the KSA was not against a war with Iraq. they were against a war without UN approval. if the UN had deposed the old regime, we would have been perfectly happy. what we were against was the US ignoring the calls of the Un and invading Iraq regardless of what anyone else thought. we were also in support of the first gulf war because it was a completely different situation. Iraq had wrongfully invaded Kuwait and so action had to be taken.

we dont want to see a nuclear Iran, but we wont stop at nothing to ensure that this does not happen. we have grown to accept its possibility and realise that it is not an issue over which the middle east should be brought into further turmoil.
Reply 22
Quick question - what is the KSA?

The Republic of Sierra Leone condemns the sanctions on Iran. The Republic feels that it is not up to the United States to act as a world police-force, and impose sanctions on other countries. In any comments he makes, the President of Iran is only giving his opinion. This is a right of free speech, so therefore the Iranian president cannot be condemned for this.
Reply 23
the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
Micronesia would like to point out that the US is at liberty to put sanctions on trade with whatever companies it sees fit. If deluded anti-US countries continue with their bizarre demands, Micronesia will ask them about the continuing Arab League boycot of Israel. You can either be for or against unilateral non-UN-imposed sanctions, you can't support them in some cases and condemn countries using them in others, that is the height of hypocrisy.
Sweden's suggests that Iran acts in ways that secure the trust of the international community such as letting all sites requested to be inspected by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and vocally showing that it is at peace with its neighbours. With these actions Sweden would feel happier about the lifting of sanctions. However Sweden feels at the current moment that sanctions are needed.
The UAE supports the view that sanctions are not needed. The UAE does not think sanctions are effective in any way. If Iran were determined to attack their neighbors, why would a UN sanction stop them?
Reply 27
jasperstory
Zimbabwe would similarly call for an end of sanctions against Iran, and would like to expressly support Iran in opposing the destructive forces of Western imperialism. It would like to remind Iran to continue to ignore the rhetoric from Washington, and instead focus on looking East.

The Islamic Republic of Iran thanks Zimbabwe, KSA and Sierra Leone for their support.
Socrates
The Islamic Republic of Iran thanks Zimbabwe, KSA and Sierra Leone for their support.
Sweden would like to know what Iran's view of the proposal to see fuel produced in other countries. (i.e. Russia) is.
Reply 29
material breach
Sweden would like to know what Iran's view of the proposal to see fuel produced in other countries. (i.e. Russia) is.

The Islamic Republic of Iran is in talks with Russia at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending