The Student Room Group

Reccomendations for second year modules?

Hi there I'm new to the site. Just completed my first year of the LLB and am about to progress onto the second year. My aim is to get a first in the second year, hence i know a lot of hardwork will be needed. I'm about to start my summer reading and was wondering if anyone could reccomend some books/reading material (not necessarily fullblown text books if possible)

Modules:

Criminal Law with Mooting.
Land Law.
EU Law and Report writing.
Administrative Law and Human Rights.
Commerical Law.

Thanks guys, much appreicated.

:smile:
Original post by lawstudent
Hi there I'm new to the site. Just completed my first year of the LLB and am about to progress onto the second year. My aim is to get a first in the second year, hence i know a lot of hardwork will be needed. I'm about to start my summer reading and was wondering if anyone could reccomend some books/reading material (not necessarily fullblown text books if possible)

Modules:

Land Law.
Commerical Law.

Criminal law - have a glance at Ashworth.

Land law - I found some of the summary books useful and a heck of a lot more readable than most. Unlocking Land Law is surprisingly good and very readable so can be a nice intro book.

EU Law - not sure about intro so much but The Four Freedoms by Barnard is probably the best and clearest book on the substantive law.
Loveless - Criminal Law.
A solid book with detailed arguments on key topics.
Reply 3
Original post by lawstudent

Modules:

Land Law.
Commerical Law.

Criminal Law (Not sure about mooting though) - Simester and Sullivan Criminal Law Theory and Doctrine, Clarkson and Keating Criminal Law. Both books are fantastic I did both of them this year, highly recommended.
Reply 4
My two cents for what it's worth (I've not done all of those subjects mind you):

Criminal law: Herring or Smith & Hogan. Simester and Sullivan is not a good entry into the subject but really handy as consolidation material.
Land law: a lot of people hate it but I think Gray and Gray is brilliant. It might look horrendously long but it's actually really easy reading. Cooke's intro to land is a great place to start before heading for Gray and Gray.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending