Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chailattelove)
    Thank you so much! Have you heard anything? If not, it really won't take long now and fingers crossed for you too.
    Not yet, but not too many days left anymore. I think I can wait a little longer Hopefully it's good news, if not... Then oh well! Haha
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primarycolours)
    Well done!
    Thank you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm Tanya and I've got an unconditional offer to study Biology
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to those with offers

(Original post by Helsy)
    I'm sure they will get back to you soon. We're all about to go on spring vacation so if they've been struggling to reply to emails, they should be able to reply soon.

Out of curiosity, who did you send the email to??
    Thanks, I'm sure they will reply sometime soon then I sent an email to the email address I found on the Physics & Astronomy contact page which you kindly directed me to
    Who knows, they might send a decision next week
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phia7)
    :woo: rejection :woo:
    Oh no I am so sorry. Chin up though. Much love <3
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phia7)
    :woo: rejection :woo:
    It's a mark of excellence.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaarr)
    Well done! I'm waiting on (molecular) biology still. Can I ask what your predicted grades were and what your offer is? And when did you apply? I'm getting so impatient now! and well done again
    Thank you! And I saw you got your offer! Well done! That's fantastic I have to get a B in higher chemistry (predicted A - but I don't know if predictions work the same way in Scotland as in England), which should be okayish kind of hopefully. What were your conditions, if you don't mind me asking? And are you defo firming St Andrews?

I celebrated by buying myself a new pair of jeans now back to work to get my conditions... Bleurgh.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive been waiting since October 14 and still nooooo reply. One more week to go , losing hope day by day
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vestada)
    Yep, me.

I don't really want to go there, so I'm not super bothered, but I'd like to get firming my other choice so I can get properly excited!
    Yeah got rejected today by St Andrews. Don't think I would have taken the offer there either. Good luck to you if you're still waiting!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eileen_)
    Congratulations to those with offers

Thanks, I'm sure they will reply sometime soon then I sent an email to the email address I found on the Physics & Astronomy contact page which you kindly directed me to
    Who knows, they might send a decision next week
    Well, if you sent it to Dr Bruce Sinclair then you stand a good chance of being given an update soon. He's usually reliable with replying to emails.
    Fingers crossed!! :crossedf:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    People with offers, have you all applied for accomodation yet?? So excited to start!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImSoIndieItHurts)
    People with offers, have you all applied for accomodation yet?? So excited to start!
    I have for St Salvator's, McIntosh, New and University Hall. I wonder what are the chances of actually being placed in the hall of my preference? And does anybody know whether it's possible to change to a catered option later on if I already applied for self-catered?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImSoIndieItHurts)
    Nope as i have no idea where :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurokuro)
    Thank you! And I saw you got your offer! Well done! That's fantastic I have to get a B in higher chemistry (predicted A - but I don't know if predictions work the same way in Scotland as in England), which should be okayish kind of hopefully. What were your conditions, if you don't mind me asking? And are you defo firming St Andrews?

I celebrated by buying myself a new pair of jeans now back to work to get my conditions... Bleurgh.
    Thanks I was over the moon to get an offer! Ah yes, forgot you were Scottish :P my conditions are AAB, which are my predicteds and what I think I could get! And yes, I firmed it the minute I got home (I got the offer when I was at school). How about you?
    Haha, good plan! I bought a new dress, always the best way to celebrate!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annasolange)
    I have for St Salvator's, McIntosh, New and University Hall. I wonder what are the chances of actually being placed in the hall of my preference? And does anybody know whether it's possible to change to a catered option later on if I already applied for self-catered?
    Sorry to jump in, but how do you state your preference of hall? When I downloaded the form from their website, it only would let me state the type of accomadation I wanted, not the actual hall.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaarr)
    Sorry to jump in, but how do you state your preference of hall? When I downloaded the form from their website, it only would let me state the type of accomadation I wanted, not the actual hall.
    there is some discussion about this on the accommodation thread. All sounds very confused at present.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyBunion)
    there is some discussion about this on the accommodation thread. All sounds very confused at present.
    Thanks I'll have a look
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When's the deadline for accommodation applications?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chuck Norris)
    When's the deadline for accommodation applications?
    31st May.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And June 30th for PGs.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 7, 2013
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.