St Andrews Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone heard from (molecular) biology? I'm an English student btw
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    you got an offer from cambridge? your gcses arent even that good (for a cambridge applicant ofc) well done mate!
    Um. Yes, I did. Thanks! I don't think GCSEs are that important for Cambridge. The two big things, it seems, are good interview (+written work/entrance exam) performance and good UMS at AS. (The first is probably more important considering that my UMS were actually slightly below average for a Cambridge applicant, esp. 84.5% in English itself...)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watbrif)
    How do they actually give notice of their decision, e-mail or only via mail?
    You're most likely going to hear from UCAS (if you applied through UCAS) first, and that will be the normal email informing there has been an update on your UCAS track.

If you're international, I think they typically like to send out emails; it's fast and means less printing, good for the environment.

So if you want to know the best place to sit and wait, I would recommend your computer, and not the letterbox.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am an independent American applicant and am unable to send my transcript to St. Andrews via Naviance as I applied through UCAS, not the Common App, so my school will mail it. My guidance counselor needs to know where to send it.

Do I send it to International Undergraduate Recruitment & Admissions or the Admissions and Application Centre? The addresses are slightly different...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helsy)
    You're most likely going to hear from UCAS (if you applied through UCAS) first, and that will be the normal email informing there has been an update on your UCAS track.

If you're international, I think they typically like to send out emails; it's fast and means less printing, good for the environment.

So if you want to know the best place to sit and wait, I would recommend your computer, and not the letterbox.
    I'm postgrad, so no UCAS - but yeah, makes sense. They (IR Department) even say when they give notice (31 March). I only hope that's not the day they actually send a letter to me all across Europe .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliegra)
    Found out last week I was accepted into Psychology!

I'm excited but not positive that is where I will go or not. I am American so it is so far away from home and I haven't had the chance to visit

anyone else for psychology?!
    Nice to meet you! Got my offer a week ago. I am from Russia, by the way
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When does the IR department give out offers to Home EU/UK applicants?
    I sent my application on October 14 and still no info...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had a psychology offer recently?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amk933)
    When does the IR department give out offers to Home EU/UK applicants?
    I sent my application on October 14 and still no info...
    I sent mine on November 4th. I hear St. Andrews is one of the slowest universities to reply... I also applied with IR (and social anthropology) and am so impatient to hear back from them (even though I'm not very optimistic, but hope dies last haha)

Where are you from by the way?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose.3445)
    I got mine last week!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose.3445)
    one week ago!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phia7)
    I hate waiting. :woo:
    Which societies would you join? there are sooo many
    Just noticed that Green is in your signature
    (Original post by Evan7788)
    Pagan religion society looks interesting...
    I know the president, she's my academic step mum and awesome
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Found out last week I was accepted into Psychology!

I'm excited but not positive that is where I will go or not. I am American so it is so far away from home and I haven't had the chance to visit

anyone else for psychology?!
    Hi!

I only applied a week or so ago but I'm also an American applicant for psychology who is worried about visiting if given an offer

Where are you from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cricket123)
    Hi!

I only applied a week or so ago but I'm also an American applicant for psychology who is worried about visiting if given an offer

Where are you from?
    heyy i am from virginia. what about you? i really wish i could visit, but already have spring break plans and my parents don't want me to miss a lot of school sigh...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    heyy i am from virginia. what about you? i really wish i could visit, but already have spring break plans and my parents don't want me to miss a lot of school sigh...
    Jersey girl here
    does St. Andrews have open days in June? You may be able to go then... Or you can go another day and ask for an individual tour.
    Just visiting would be really expensive for me so we'll have to wait and see :/
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jersey girl here
    does St. Andrews have open days in June? You may be able to go then... Or you can go another day and ask for an individual tour.
    The dates for the current academic year are:

• 15th February 2012
    • 21st March 2012
    • 11th April 2012
    • 18th April 2012

There is none in June because the academic year ends in May, and none in May because we'll be busy with exams etc. But yes, if you can make it to a Visiting Day, then by all means come
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anybody had an offer from chemistry yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lora_s)
    I sent mine on November 4th. I hear St. Andrews is one of the slowest universities to reply... I also applied with IR (and social anthropology) and am so impatient to hear back from them (even though I'm not very optimistic, but hope dies last haha)

Where are you from by the way?
    Bulgaria, too, but I don't go to a Bulgarian school...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does St. Andrews have open days in June? You may be able to go then... Or you can go another day and ask for an individual tour.
    As Sappho said, there are specific dates but none in June because they'll basically be no one here. But you can get individual tours and chat to potential lecturers etc. Click here and scroll down towards the bottom and read about what you do if you're international.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How many of us are going to play golf in St Andrews?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 7, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.