The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

oops I think I irritated head of admissions for Biology :/

'If you are predicted straight A stars and your personal statement focuses on Natural Sciences then I will assume that you are relatively unlikely to accept a Biochemistry offer from me.'

I may need to rethink my strategy lol
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 101
Original post by Ecosse_14
It's not tiny, but it's still a small town. Come visit and see what you think for yourself :smile:
Some people might think that it's too small, but the majority of people I've spoken to think it's the perfect size.

Oh-WOW
It's actually bigger than I thought it would be. It's not tiny but I'd say theres more in it that most other towns of it's size because there is such a large student population. It's def a very special and unique place. I love the fact that you can walk into town alone and nearly always see someone to talk to on the way

Thanks very much. I am quite used to a small town as mine is quite small already.

thanks eccosse 14 :smile:
Reply 103
Canadian student here! :biggrin:

applying for French & ab initio German! :smile:

quick question: if I'm taking ab initio German, can I still do a third language ab initio (Russian)?
Reply 104
Original post by _Bright Eyes
@ Meha- Yes, I got the same and got in.

oh cool...what are you studying? Do you think p.statement plays a greater role in deciding than AS (AAAB)? I'm going to try and get AAA prediction, but was just wondering what you think :smile:
Thanks
Reply 105
Original post by -raisa
Canadian student here! :biggrin:

applying for French & ab initio German! :smile:

quick question: if I'm taking ab initio German, can I still do a third language ab initio (Russian)?

What part of Canada are you from? (I have family over there)
Reply 106
Original post by Meha
oh cool...what are you studying? Do you think p.statement plays a greater role in deciding than AS (AAAB)? I'm going to try and get AAA prediction, but was just wondering what you think :smile:
Thanks

why wouldnt you get AAA prediction when you have already got AAA
Reply 107
Original post by zabin
why wouldnt you get AAA prediction when you have already got AAA

oh because I'm dropping one of my A's so I'm left with AAB. I'll try and get higher prediction if i can
what are you studying at st andrews?
Reply 108
Original post by soup
What part of Canada are you from? (I have family over there)

province of Ontario :smile:
Reply 109
I'm applying for Social Anthropology! :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by Remy-Rae
I'm applying for Social Anthropology! :smile:

Same, fellow anthropologist :hi:
Original post by Meha
Thanks

Hai

I think both are important. There's that many people that get a high prediction though, that the personal statements become a big deciding factor. I got a few people to check over mine before sending it off. I'm studying Biology :biggrin:. It's awesome.
Reply 112
Original post by Oh-WOW
You do have good grades so you have a good chance.
You could just apply for French and Spanish and take IR as your third module...

Does that mean I can change my degree to french, spanish and IR when i get there or does it just mean i have a module in IR, sorry im not really sure how uni courses work :s-smilie:
Original post by beth..
Does that mean I can change my degree to french, spanish and IR when i get there or does it just mean i have a module in IR, sorry im not really sure how uni courses work :s-smilie:

Provided you take thr correct modules, you can change your degree.
The beauty and flexability of St. Andrews' modules :love:
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
Provided you take thr correct modules, you can change your degree.
The beauty and flexability of St. Andrews' modules :love:

Just not beautiful and flexible enough for you? :frown: :tongue:
Just not beautiful and flexible enough for you? :frown: :tongue:

:nope:
I'm nearly as gutted as you are. :wink:

But it meets most people's needs :yep:
Hello! I'm applying for maths :smile: AAAAB at Higher. Just sent off my UCAS form (ridiculously early I know), now settling in to the long wait.

Well I was applying until they announced their fees, I just can't do £36,000. :'(
Original post by theteenagecurse
Well I was applying until they announced their fees, I just can't do £36,000. :'(

Don't cross it out straight away. Wait a while to find out the full information on all the scholarships and bursaries they're providing.
Depending on my UKCAT, I shall be applying to St. Andrews for medicine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending