The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Does anyone know any good estate agency in Leeds?

I'm looking for a one bedroom flat in Leeds with my boyfriend.Does anyone know any good estate agency?? Thank you~~

Scroll to see replies

Pickards is good. Their properties are really nice and not bad prices either.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hendy's are good. Never had any trouble with Leeds Properties either. But avoid City Red, I had endless trouble getting a deposit back off them despite the fact they weren't contesting that I should have it back.
Reply 3
Original post by missnaomi101
Pickards is good. Their properties are really nice and not bad prices either.

I agree i had a good experience with pickard properties.
Reply 4
We know people who have had problems with Springwell and The Student Property Shop but we can vouch for Pickard as being good.

Personally, I've used Aston and Oasis properties and both have been great.

Really though, the best housing will probably be from landlords who are with Unipol (who are the governing body for student housing), you can view some of their accredited properties at: http://www.unipolnetletleeds.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?OID=0
Reply 5
A few people have recommended Parklane properties to me, wondered if people had let with these before or know people who have? also from researching myself i found that rentinc have propertys with all inclusive bills which is good for me! anyone dealt with them?
Reply 6
Do NOT use planas, they are the worst estate agency's in Leeds, completely ripped us off, stole our money at the end, and lied multiple times to our face.
Reply 7
I am with Stonehouse this year, and they have been really good. Any problems we have we have had sorted out. They came to check out the house a week after we moved in and i left a note asking for a new mattress as mine was old, and they delivered a full, new nice comfy bed :biggrin: also painted my room and fixed the wardrobe, fitted a new door, bannisters and fixed a noisy toilet. I am currently on the hunt for a 2 bed house and trying to find a good estate agent again! Reviews on google say dont use uk pads or bevan and co, so even though i have seen some nice houses with them i am staying clear! >_<
Avoid Bevan & Co or Red Door Lets. The owner used to run another company called Leedsstudenthomes.com and appeared on a Watchdog investigation as he constantly refused to return deposits.
Original post by cheekygal
A few people have recommended Parklane properties to me, wondered if people had let with these before or know people who have? also from researching myself i found that rentinc have propertys with all inclusive bills which is good for me! anyone dealt with them?

Do NOT use Parklane, I know a few people who have rented from them and they all gave very bad reviews. They also charge more rent for their properties than most other places.
Reply 10
Original post by easto666
I agree i had a good experience with pickard properties.

Really?

They were horrendous for us. Never repaired anything (our oven barely worked, we didn't get one, though people we knew who had nothing wrong with their oven got a brand new one, as well as a new washing machine, another thing we requested that didn't work properly that didn't get fixed). And the things they did fix took about 3 months to get round to.

Then they had the gall to charge us stupid amounts out of our deposit for things that were already wrong (and, indeed, that I myself had pointed out after we moved in).

No idea where all these positive reviews have come from, I'm utterly convinced they have people who delete negative reviews from the internet.

Mind they follow the Unipol school of landlordship who were equally as useless (our roof drainage was blocked and flooded our house, took them 24 hours to sort out this emergency, and it was only the sheer genius of my housemate and I that prevented us from having to empty a house bin full of water every 30 minutes). But at least they didn't charge us £20 for replacing the ceiling lightshades (which the Pickard handyman told me they did anyway and cost £2 from IKEA).

Perhaps I just have really high standards (this years landlord [North Lane] is useless as well but still better than the other two, plus the landlord himself is a sound bloke, just the house was a state when we moved in), but they were utterly useless to us, and then took £400 out of our deposit for ridiculously ambiguous things (worded in such a manner we couldn't argue against even though it was already there/unnecessary).
Reply 11
Never ever ever ever ever go with Bevan & Co

Also avoid My Homez and Avtar

I've heard SJM are good
Reply 12
Has anyone got an thoughts on Haus Properties? Their properties look rather nice but then again, jsut the fact that their website uses the same software as Bevan & Co is putting me off...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Lizzillaa
Has anyone got an thoughts on Haus Properties? Their properties look rather nice but then again, jsut the fact that their website uses the same software as Bevan & Co is putting me off...

I did some homework... Haus Properties is Bevan & Co. They must have grown sick of their bad rep again and changed their name again. Avoid at all costs! :mad:
Reply 14
I have used david morr before and they seem ok, bit cheaper. i am now living in hemel Hempstaed doing my MA and have used Navigation Estates, not sure if they are up north.

Here are the details;

Navigation Estates
1 KD Plaza,
Cotterells, Town Centre,
Hemel Hempstead,
Hertfordshire
HP1 1AX
01442 253303
www.navigationestates.co.uk‎

Good luck, I miss Leeds :frown:
lool seems alot of snakes in the grass to watch out for on this front. Ill be starting my hunt end of next month. Better start making a blacklist.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
anyone know anything about "central properties" in headingley? i cant find any bad info on them anywhere which is promising!
Hey guys!
It might be worth checking out landlords that are accredited by Unipol, or alternatively, go to the Student Advice Centre at Leeds uni- they do contract checks and inform you previous dealings that they have encountered with properties
Hope this helps
Original post by kels488
Hey guys!
It might be worth checking out landlords that are accredited by Unipol, or alternatively, go to the Student Advice Centre at Leeds uni- they do contract checks and inform you previous dealings that they have encountered with properties
Hope this helps

We signed with A-Team Properties, was with them last year as my cousin recommended them. Been great this year tbh let my gf in when she lost my key at 02:00am lol and fix stuff next day probably going to stay with them.
www.ateamproperties.co.uk
All agencies suck to be fair. There's always something to complain about.

I'm with Student Props. Not too bad at the moment, but only time will tell. Had problems and they've always come out to fix em. You do need to badger em for a while though which is annoying.

Round here NEVER assume that they're good estate agents just because they have a nice office and a nice website. Unipol are pretty useless as well so don't just take their word for it.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest