The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5600
I'm currently looking for student accommodation to rent in London this summer during my internship- if anyone knows of anything please let me know.
Reply 5601
do you guys think A-Level grades mattered at all during the process? provided you have the standard A*AA-ABB grades?
Reply 5602
Original post by bmqib
do you guys think A-Level grades mattered at all during the process? provided you have the standard A*AA-ABB grades?

I dont think anyone in our cycle will have the A* grade yet seeing as it was only introduced very recently.
Original post by Raditz
I dont think anyone in our cycle will have the A* grade yet seeing as it was only introduced very recently.

those who graduated in 2010 from the sixth form could get it though, e.g. current second year uni students.
I don't know how much weighting the put on the grades but most people I know that got anything got multiple A*s in their A-Levels. I think they take it as a given that you'll be academically solid.
Original post by bmqib

AAB was the minimum standard I thought?
Original post by stevenjohnh
AAB was the minimum standard I thought?

Hi,

I remembered u had an interview at jp ibd - can you give me any advice for next year? e.g type of questions they asked during the interview, e.g brainteasers / technical questions etc.....

Feel free to pm me the answers,

Thanks!
Reply 5607
Original post by course101
Hi,

I remembered u had an interview at jp ibd - can you give me any advice for next year? e.g type of questions they asked during the interview, e.g brainteasers / technical questions etc.....

Feel free to pm me the answers,

Thanks!

Next year? Already...
Original post by uni-mon
Next year? Already...

ye lol never too early to prepare!!
Reply 5609
Original post by trouble-trouble
those who graduated in 2010 from the sixth form could get it though, e.g. current second year uni students.

Ah ok. Im sat my exams in 2009; might have to start converting my A grades into A*'s as it could be misleading otherwise!
Reply 5610
Does anyone know how long it takes after the final round for them to decide? i.e. how long should you wait ? Do they usually call you within 48 hours?
Original post by ArtOfWar
Does anyone know how long it takes after the final round for them to decide? i.e. how long should you wait ? Do they usually call you within 48 hours?

They call you exactly in 21 hour and 14 minutes after you left the office.
Reply 5612
Original post by matiboy1995
Is there any programs of any kind, even a days experience, that are open to lower 6th students? Thanks

Yes i think Goldman and Deutsche Bank do A Level programs although the GS one may be for girls only- check out their websites, good luck.
Reply 5613
They call you exactly in 21 hour and 14 minutes after you left the office.

I thought it was 14 hours 21 minutes?
Original post by Raditz
I thought it was 14 hours 21 minutes?

assuming you left the office at 1-2pm, in 14 hours 21 minutes the time will be approximately 3-4am.
Reply 5615
trouble-trouble, good attention to detail... You're hired!
:star:
I have an interview with a small boutique bank coming up in their corporate broking division. Been rejected from all the 'big players' so yeah - really looking to get this one. Next year I want to be applying for equity derivative broker jobs or trading jobs - do you think experience in corporate broking will strengthen my CV for the career I hope to get into?

Thanks in advance.
Does anyone have an experience with J.P. Morgan Asia recruiting? (IBD Summer Analyst).

Any tips/suggestions/information would be very useful! PM me if you want.
Reply 5619
assuming you left the office at 1-2pm, in 14 hours 21 minutes the time will be approximately 3-4am.

Original post by spkz
trouble-trouble, good attention to detail... You're hired!

:star:

lol congrats

Quick Reply