The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Hey guys,

With IBs' earnings in the news over the last couple of days I thought now would be an appropriate time to get this thread going.

As you may be aware, some applications start opening up in August so now is the time to start thinking about what we put down and where we are applying to.

Anyway, let's get the ball rolling and best of luck to everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good initiative, can somebody import a list of banks which offer off-cycles & summers ?
Original post by magnum206
Good initiative, can somebody import a list of banks which offer off-cycles & summers ?

1) There are loads of banks that offer a range of summer and off cycle internships going down to boutique banks.

2) Why would anyone want to post a list of the banks offering internships on a forum viewed by thousands of people; hence increasing their own competition?

3) That might have worked for spring weeks, but you're not a first year anymore so show your own initiative and use google.

On topic now, and I realised that the bank of america internship page only has a closing date, no opening date, so if anyone is keen on applying early, it may be your chance.

Good luck everyone.
Reply 3

If you can't google/find out for yourself which banks offer internships then you don't deserve one. Spoon feeding is not encouraged.

On topic: Good luck everyone, when are you all going to start applying?
Original post by The_Don_123
If you can't google/find out for yourself which banks offer internships then you don't deserve one. Spoon feeding is not encouraged.

On topic: Good luck everyone, when are you all going to start applying?

After I've finished my summer internship this year, and done some concrete stuff to bulk up the society positions I hold. So early september I reckon; unlike springs where most banks waited until after the deadline to hold ACs and reject (unless you were complete **** or failed the tests), for summers most banks send invites to ACs on a rolling basis so I recommend to get in ahead of the crowds.
Reply 5
One or two Tier 2 banks have opened applications.
Original post by Industrious Orca

On topic now, and I realised that the bank of america internship page only has a closing date, no opening date, so if anyone is keen on applying early, it may be your chance.

Hey mate,

Just looked on there now and the only summer internships open on their site, that I could see, were in Sydney or an off-cycle internship in structuring at the London office. Am I being stupid and not seeing it?

Thanks
Original post by Zweihander
One or two Tier 2 banks have opened applications.

And a couple of elite boutiques...
Original post by Ross Johnson
And a couple of elite boutiques...

Which ones if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 9
I will graduate, hopefully, next december and I will be interning during the autumn. Because of this, I could not apply for graduate position cause I cannot go to interviews.
Do you know which bank and boutique recruit final year students or recent grads for summer internship? Do you know when the interviews for spring internships take place (i.e. CS, Rothschild, Nomura)?
Reply 10
Original post by PrincePauper
Which ones if you dont mind me asking?

Lazard
Original post by cruel3a
Lazard

Many thanks
For those sitting on summer 2012 offers, do you intend on applying this time round? Or maybe leverage the offer to get in somewhere else?
Like Industrious Orca mentioned, a majority of banks will not be using deadlines as a marker at which to begin sending out AC's so finding a balance between 'beefing up your CV' during your second year and ensuring this doesn't come at the expense of missing the first batch of AC offers is crucially important.
It would therefore be useful if some indication was given as to which banks give out early AC's - I know that UBS are known to give out offers in November, whilst Goldman Sachs for instance interview in mid-February.

If anyone has any personal knowledge, from friends who are currently interning, as to which banks interview at specific times, it would be useful in creating a rough guide so applicants can prioritise their to-do-lists effectively.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Barclays Capital usually has ACs in January (Finance & IBD)
Original post by InternshipPlease
Hey mate,

Just looked on there now and the only summer internships open on their site, that I could see, were in Sydney or an off-cycle internship in structuring at the London office. Am I being stupid and not seeing it?

Thanks

IB: http://careers.bankofamerica.com/campusrecruiting/emeain-global-investment-banking-summer-analyst-programme.asp

Capital Markets: http://careers.bankofamerica.com/campusrecruiting/emeain-global-capital-markets-summer-analyst-programme.asp

S&T: http://careers.bankofamerica.com/campusrecruiting/emeain-global-markets-sales-trading-summer-analyst-programme.asp

Research: http://careers.bankofamerica.com/campusrecruiting/emeain-global-research-summer-analyst-programme.asp

They all have an end date on them of 17th December, but no start date; i haven't tried to apply as i have no intention of applying until September, but if you want to apply early then it /may/ be open if you want to try.
Reply 16

It is for last year. The deadline is 17th decemeber 2010....
Original post by cruel3a
It is for last year. The deadline is 17th decemeber 2010....

LOL, my bad; will have to remember to check the year next time....
Reply 18
Original post by cruel3a
I will graduate, hopefully, next december and I will be interning during the autumn. Because of this, I could not apply for graduate position cause I cannot go to interviews.
Do you know which bank and boutique recruit final year students or recent grads for summer internship? Do you know when the interviews for spring internships take place (i.e. CS, Rothschild, Nomura)?

Won't you get an offer from the bank you'll be interning in ?
Reply 19
Won't you get an offer from the bank you'll be interning in ?

They have 4 interns each year and usually they give out just one offer... So it is not sure at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending