The Student Room Group

is it acceptable to do a Masters by coursework without the necessary pre-requisite?

A friend of mine told me that he currently struggles and failed some of his coursework because according to him, he doesn't have the necessary pre-requisite. He complains that the Uni didn't even advertise the pre-requisite and he only found out about his lack of background knowledge when he entered the lecture.

I was under the impression that a postgrad student can and should self thought themselves the necessary background knowledge since no spoon feeding is allowed. But is that even fair? I mean, yes post-grad students should self thought themselves but having the necessary pre-requisite is essential for the completion of various modules that require it isn't it? I don't think a higher level subject that has rigorous mathematical background is suitable for a person that doesn't have the mathematical strength to do such a course and to assume that he or she can self-thought themselves within a given amount of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending