The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To an extend for intial attraction . Yes ... but once anyone gets to know someone else its the personality that you fall in love with. Don't put yourself down. Your good enough for anyone if you believe you are.
Yet you never seem to see fugly girls with hot guys.
Funny isn't it.
I share the same sentiment on this, as do many girls it seems judging by the eternal obsession for a perfect body/face.
Reply 3
yeah...like there is so much pressure for girls to maintain there looks and guys dont even have to try. Like my guy friends, they'll tell me I'm pretty but if girls like Paris Hilton or something come on the screen they'll be like "damn shes ****ing hot..id bone her...blah blah" :smile: its like--shes not typical--and quite frankly not that cute to me lol shes just blonde and EXTREMELY thin.
Reply 4
Anonymous
yeah...like there is so much pressure for girls to maintain there looks and guys dont even have to try. Like my guy friends, they'll tell me I'm pretty but if girls like Paris Hilton or something come on the screen they'll be like "damn shes ****ing hot..id bone her...blah blah" :smile: its like--shes not typical--and quite frankly not that cute to me lol shes just blonde and EXTREMELY thin.

Say what now? :eek:

Im sorry but thats aload of bull
Reply 5
So you're saying girls are equally as harsh on a guy's looks? Personal experiences please... :smile:
Reply 6
Anonymous
So you're saying girls are equally as harsh on a guy's looks? Personal experiences please... :smile:

Im not saying its as harsh, girls do have more pressure, but if a guys ugly and has a crap body (too fat, too thin etc) hes going to be single for a long long time :rolleyes:

Edit: miss-read what u said :redface:

Society is not as harsh on guys, but girls are just as harsh as guys :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Unity
To an extend for intial attraction . Yes ... but once anyone gets to know someone else its the personality that you fall in love with. Don't put yourself down. Your good enough for anyone if you believe you are.

Couldn't agree more.
Reply 8
oh I see...so what is "society" u mean the media? because society makes up men as well...so men ARE harsh with girls and their looks. I mean, Im not gonna sit her and lie and say looks me absolutely nothing, but ive gone for guys that are a bit chubby or skinny. and typically black guys are the ones that seem to be less critical of women...has anyone ever noticed that :smile:
Reply 9
keenya2006
oh I see...so what is "society" u mean the media? because society makes up men as well...so men ARE harsh with girls and their looks. I mean, Im not gonna sit her and lie and say looks me absolutely nothing, but ive gone for guys that are a bit chubby or skinny. and typically black guys are the ones that seem to be less critical of women...has anyone ever noticed that :smile:

Yes guys are harsh about how guys look, but so are girls, which is my point :rolleyes:

But yeh the media is to blame, you see far to many stick thin girls on tv, cant really see why guys like them :confused:
Reply 10
awww yeah! a guy that doesnt like sticks :smile:
Reply 11
thsi thread is funny
Reply 12
glad to humor you :smile: but seriously...Why do older guys seem to be the ones that see "true" beauty..whatever that is...that might be why I go for older guys and not guys my own age :smile:
Reply 13
Anonymous
she needs to have 0 percent body fat
:eek:

:afraid:
Reply 14
aww...u guys are the cutest...its nice to see that not all blokes have given into beauty defined by marketing ads and reinforced by a society stupid enough to believe that beauty can only appear on the cover of a magazine :smile: hugs!
To be honest guys will sit and chat about some 'hot' girl on the tv, but thats only to each other and coz we think if we say she isn't then we will be a social outcast. This is what I have noticed. However guys are a lot less harsh and less picky with girls they know. I would girls are more harsh on guys than guys are on girls, but this is on a personal level and not group occasions etc.

Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm sure your get a guy, you just need to be self confident, thats the key!
Reply 16
keenya2006
aww...u guys are the cutest...its nice to see that not all blokes have given into beauty defined by marketing ads and reinforced by a society stupid enough to believe that beauty can only appear on the cover of a magazine :smile: hugs!

Ah so you take on the wizdom of foamy :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 17
So what type of girls do you guys typically go for..on a physical level..since it is that inital attraction that starts everything
Reply 18
foamy rocks dude!! lol have u seen the Katrina one
Reply 19
I'm attracted to girls who aren't necessarily the prettiest, or the thinnest or the generic average "hot girl" but I'd be lying if I said that looks didn't come into the equation at all - but they certainly are not a dealbreaker. Not every guy in the world is attracted the media's portrayal of the stick-thin model or those with artificially pumped up breasts, and I certainly am not.

On the other hand, I have no success with girls and shockingly unattractive myself so I'm probably the last person in the world to be talking about it. :wink:

Have a good 2006 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending