The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blahhh
Good spinning sesh again! such a good stress reliever!!

SO close to normal BMI now :smile:

2lbs away is so close it's almost scary!! GO YOU! Keep it going and you never know, by this time next week you might be normal!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE(!!!!) our little thread. We've all achieved and got through SO MUCH together. Who'd have thought it!
Reply 9641
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
2lbs away is so close it's almost scary!! GO YOU! Keep it going and you never know, by this time next week you might be normal!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE(!!!!) our little thread. We've all achieved and got through SO MUCH together. Who'd have thought it!

This is the aim!! :biggrin: though my boyfriends taking me to gourmet burger kitchen Sat night but hopefully I can counteract it with running!

You're so close now too! so exciting!! :smile:

This thread has definitely provided amazing support and motivation from you all :smile: its nice to have a thread thats not full of hardcore short term dieters but people that are focussing on long term healthy goals :smile:
Original post by blahhh
This is the aim!! :biggrin: though my boyfriends taking me to gourmet burger kitchen Sat night but hopefully I can counteract it with running!

You're so close now too! so exciting!! :smile:

This thread has definitely provided amazing support and motivation from you all :smile: its nice to have a thread thats not full of hardcore short term dieters but people that are focussing on long term healthy goals :smile:

One meal won't make all that much difference anyway :-). I know I only have 5 more pounds ahh it's exciting!! But at the same time I still have lots of flab and I kind of wonder how someone with this much tummy flab can be considered "healthy". Not complaining though!
Reply 9643
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
One meal won't make all that much difference anyway :-). I know I only have 5 more pounds ahh it's exciting!! But at the same time I still have lots of flab and I kind of wonder how someone with this much tummy flab can be considered "healthy". Not complaining though!

Yeh I still have too many wobbly bits...I did kind of think Id be more slim than I am by 12 stone (four pounds off..but still)...I guess a lot of if is building muscles...though bit more fat to go first to uncover them :p: Gonna go to abs tomorrow...always useful for the stomach!
Had the tiger roll in the end xD
Omnomnom :smile: Still on a net intake on just under 1200, so I'm not to bothered. Trying to eat slightly more lacories this week, to see if it'lll help with weightloss after last week's STS
Original post by 08batee
Ugh, really annoyed at myself. I'd been good all day, but I'm having a tough time of it recently because of all sorts, and I just let it all get to me. I've just eaten Lasagne, lots of garlic bread and a mars bar in the space of an hour. :frown: :frown:

I know how you feel...ate 500 calories all day because I just didn't get time so planned a really healthy dinner and would have been under 1200 to make up for how much I've eaten recently. Got in from shopping and everyone was eating pizza and my dad stresses out when I don't eat so really angrily told me to 'sit down and eat'. I didn't have to have 3 slices though :s-smilie: followed by two mini danish pastries...doh :frown: We'll be good tomorrow promise?!! (although it is my dads birthday)
Reply 9646
Original post by bittybatty
Thank you for your kind words :grouphugs:

Food and I have a potentially very poor relationship. There are times when I don't give a monkeys about what I'm eating (like all of last year) - ok, I put on weight, but it's quite healthy. Then, like now, I'm dieting and teeter at the edge of taking it too far; I obsess, calorie count everything, have a panic attack if someone uses butter/semi-skimmed milk etc, and I sometimes go even further :frown: However, up until last night I've been relatively good at making sure I hit a certain number of calories per day and NOT going below it...I just have these stupid moments where my entire life is consumed by 'What am I having for lunch tomorrow? What is the lowest calorie option? Maybe I shouldn't have anything at all...or maybe I should splurge, screw it.'

Today, after the rocky Weetabixgate incident this morning, has been good. I've forced myself to be good.
Breakfast - 2 weetabix with simmed milk, banana
Snack - 50g raisins (waah!)
Lunch - Greggs tomato soup
Snack - Fudge
Dinner - M+S Kids spaghetti and a millonaires dessert
Exercise - probably walked a mile in total, but nothing strenuous. When I was wide awake at 3am weighing up the pros and cons of eating, I said I'd do 30mins on the bike, but at 5.30am, having finally nodded off for 30 mins, I decided it wasn't such a good idea!

Really happy that you're listening to your body and mind's needs :smile: "Being good" is a concept which is often distorted in dieting mentality to mean quite the opposite-the best way to be good is to be good to yourself. Treat your body as you would your child-with plenty of respect and TLC. And sometimes that means giving it a break ^_^
Reply 9647
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
I know how you feel...ate 500 calories all day because I just didn't get time so planned a really healthy dinner and would have been under 1200 to make up for how much I've eaten recently. Got in from shopping and everyone was eating pizza and my dad stresses out when I don't eat so really angrily told me to 'sit down and eat'. I didn't have to have 3 slices though :s-smilie: followed by two mini danish pastries...doh :frown: We'll be good tomorrow promise?!! (although it is my dads birthday)

Haha I totally know what you mean! My Dad's exactly the same! :rolleyes: To be fair to you, control around pizza and cakes is incredibly hard, I don't blame you! Haha, yeah, definetely going to be good tomorrow. Just annoyed because I was doing so well! :colondollar:
Original post by 08batee
Haha I totally know what you mean! My Dad's exactly the same! :rolleyes: To be fair to you, control around pizza and cakes is incredibly hard, I don't blame you! Haha, yeah, definetely going to be good tomorrow. Just annoyed because I was doing so well! :colondollar:

Lasagne is my favourite :love: My dad's the macho and definitely not sensitive type but these days he's constantly asking if i've eaten and it's getting weird/irritating. Today was meant to be the day I was 'back on track' but we have like 6 immediate family birthdays in the next few weeks and I just don't have the willpower! I'm even gonna get up at 5:30 to make it into the gym for six :biggrin: I feel bad but at the same time, that new york cheesecake at 350kcals a slice is just screaming my name!
Reply 9649
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
Lasagne is my favourite :love: My dad's the macho and definitely not sensitive type but these days he's constantly asking if i've eaten and it's getting weird/irritating. Today was meant to be the day I was 'back on track' but we have like 6 immediate family birthdays in the next few weeks and I just don't have the willpower! I'm even gonna get up at 5:30 to make it into the gym for six :biggrin: I feel bad but at the same time, that new york cheesecake at 350kcals a slice is just screaming my name!

Mmm it's wonderul isn't it?! I know what you mean, my Dad gets worried about that kind of thing all the time - especially if he notices I've been eating particularly healthily. And he gets agitated if I don't eat breakfast either :tongue: Wow, yeah birthdays are a tough one really, with all those cakes/meals out! I'm going to New York on Thursday, for a week, so god only knows how much weight I'll put on then :s-smilie:. 5:30!! Thats dedication for you, haha I went through a phase of pre-college swimming, that soon stopped :wink: haha, oooh gotta love a bit of NY cheesecake, the best cheesecake by faaaaar!
THREAD CLOSED.

Please now use Healthy New You: Your Change For Life #2.

May we have much more success!