The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Rubbish morning already...had my bowl of museli for breakfast, then it all went downhill! Just had toast with nutella :s-smilie: Then a slice of cheesecake, and a yoghurt (which turned out to have 240 cals in it :eek: will NOT be going near them again)

I hate being the only dieter in the house, none of that crap would even be bought in my flat!

I've got a load of sheep to vaccinate this afternoon and gonna hit the gym tonight to work it off :frown:
Original post by Silver Aurora
Do you reckon it's possible for an underweight like myself to eat just McDonalds for a month or so and then do lots of workouts straight after or during. Turn that fat into muscle?

You can't turn fat into muscle. You need to loose fat and build muscle at the same time to see definition.

Also, I fully support everyone here but it annoys me when people (mostly girls) say they've put on weight or stayed the same and it must be muscle. Muscle is hard to gain for a guy let alone a girl so i doubt very much the extra gain or non movement of the scale is because of muscle gain. Its okay to have an off day every now and again and have a week where you stay the same or put on a tiny bit of weight, its life. But you need to accept its because you maybe ate a little too much/didn't exercise enough that week rather than sort of push the blame onto muscle gain.
Original post by blahhh
Rubbish morning already...had my bowl of museli for breakfast, then it all went downhill! Just had toast with nutella :s-smilie: Then a slice of cheesecake, and a yoghurt (which turned out to have 240 cals in it :eek: will NOT be going near them again)

I hate being the only dieter in the house, none of that crap would even be bought in my flat!

I've got a load of sheep to vaccinate this afternoon and gonna hit the gym tonight to work it off :frown:

Try not to let it get you down. You may have had a bad start but you have the rest of the day to be good. You're going to be vaccinating sheep and going to the gym later so it's not as if you're sitting around doing nothing all day.
I had a very weird dream last night (or maybe this morning as I've only just woken up :colondollar:). I was at a fat camp and everyone hated me. A bully from school was like the team leader in some team exercise thing. ANYWAY, what I think it's about is that I'm not trying hard enough and I'm letting the fact that body dysmorphia has made me think that I've always looked this way stop me from really achieving.

Yesterday was good, so if everyday can be like yesterday I might just get somewhere!
Reply 1164
hiii :smile:

I thought I'd join up to this thread for a bit of inspiration.

Five months ago:
5'8
130 lbs
BMI of 19.8

which I know is technically a healthy bmi but I we had this heart health thing at uni where they measured your waist:hip ratio and they told me I was at medium/high risk of future heart disease. So yeah I basically was skinny fat, I ate 3000+ calories (mainly fast food and junk) and it all went on my stomach. My arms and legs have always been stick thin.

So I decided to start eating healthier and now eat around 2000 cals of 'healthy' food each day (lean meat, veg etc).

For the past month I've been 114 lbs which I feel is my perfect weight and I feel SO much better (more energy & generally happier).

My goal is to stay healthy, not lose any more weight, and start to gain muscle. Also I am so bored of grilled chicken breast so am going to try and find some more interesting food ideas!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Edit: eh? why the neg rep!?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ChelseyElla
Thank you :smile: . I have no idea why I ended up getting neg repped by two people

haha dw i just got negged for repping you lmao
Original post by lauraaaa.xo

Also, I fully support everyone here but it annoys me when people (mostly girls) say they've put on weight or stayed the same and it must be muscle. Muscle is hard to gain for a guy let alone a girl so i doubt very much the extra gain or non movement of the scale is because of muscle gain.

Agreed. I read a while back that even women who work really hard strength training and eat a really good diet only gain 1-2lbs of muscle a month at the most (not sure of the accuracy of the article I read but I might look it up later), also considering most people on here are creating calorie deficit I doubt they would be gaining any muscle weight, just maintaining muscle weight when trying to lose fat is difficult enough.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys,

Looking to join this thread to lose weight and gain muscle - want to see a difference before I go back to uni.

I weigh around 52-53kgs and and 5 ft. BMI is 22 which I know is normal but I am a lot bigger than I used to be and would like to fit into my old clothes again!!

Started the couch25K program today as well which was actually easier than I thought so might skip to week 2 and see what happens..
Original post by lauraaaa.xo
haha dw i just got negged for repping you lmao

Oh no sorry :frown: I got another neg today to saying well done and encouraging people! I did go to give you rep but I've ran out today so will have to wait until tomorrow.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reps4lulz.
I had intended to go to the gym after work, but I couldn't be bothered.
In my defence, all I'd had to eat was cereal, juice and a yoghurt for breakfast, then a very small chicken sandwich for lunch, so I didn't really want to end up feeling really faint/collapsing. And I don't like eating just before exercising, makes me feel ill
Reply 1171
Original post by ChelseyElla
Try not to let it get you down. You may have had a bad start but you have the rest of the day to be good. You're going to be vaccinating sheep and going to the gym later so it's not as if you're sitting around doing nothing all day.

Its all good...today can be a bit of a off day, not too bad since I've been really good for the last few days :smile:

Bought some new scales today, finally! :biggrin: stood on them this afternoon and I'm two pounds lighter than I thought! The mechanical ones were a pain and I couldn't read them accurately, the divisions were waaaaay too small
Hey guys havent been on here for a while. Hope its going well for everyone. I've recently started fasting so its prty much thrown any proper 'diet' out of the window and im not managing to do any exercise :/ but i guess i have to stick with it and HOPE i lose instead of gain (which is likely :colonhash: due to the eating patterns etc lol).

Keep with it everyone! :biggrin:
In a very bad mood (upset more than angry) and I might have tonsillitis (again, Jesus!) so the thought of eating isn't appealing. But I need to because I need the energy and calories. And who know, exercising might lift me out of this mood.
Reply 1174
Original post by Aemiliana
In a very bad mood (upset more than angry) and I might have tonsillitis (again, Jesus!) so the thought of eating isn't appealing. But I need to because I need the energy and calories. And who know, exercising might lift me out of this mood.

Make shakes? Just put oats in the blender to make them fine and add milk and drink if you want something quick pre workout
I've not been on here in aaaaaages. My muscle definition has got a lot better but my weight is still to change :frown: Went on holiday last week and my sister said I had "well defined abs" which made me so happy! I've started eating a lot healthier now, have completely cut meat out from my diet... not really intentionally, I just don't like it anymore ;s but I'm eating lots of fish for protein. I need to get back into exercising though, I was so good in holiday and went hiking and gymming everyday but just got back and have been a complete slob for 4 days :frown:

So my aim now is to maintain a healthy diet, get back into the exercise and try and lose weight... although that doesn;t seem to be happening :s
Thanks for the bra tips people I'll definitely give them a whirl! :smile:

The weather here has been quite muggy, very warm and rainy so not ideal conditions for running but I have been plodding along nonetheless! Having a dog is very helpful as he's always in the mood for a run :tongue:
Breakfast: Fruit and fibres with extra sultanas and apple juice, fat free yoghurt
Lunch: Small wholemeal chicken sandwich
Snack: Carrots sticks and cherry tomatos with guacamole, 2x rice cake
Dinner: Giant couscous with roasted veg and grilled halloumi.

Exercise: Very little :frown: a grand total of probably about 20 minutes walking.

I think this is one of those (very) rare time when I've eaten below 1200 calories.

(Un)fortunately, there's a krispy kreme donut downstairs waiting for me, so that total will probably change.
Hello everyone!

Can I join?

My stats and goals

Highest weight: About 16 stone 4
Lowest weight recently: 12 stone 4
Current weight: 12 stone 6
Height: 5'7
Goal weight: 10 stone

So, I've lost a bit so far but sometimes I have trouble keeping motivated so it'd be nice to be able to chat to some people going through the same process!
Reply 1179
Original post by Maybe Tomorrow
Hello everyone!

Can I join?

My stats and goals

Highest weight: About 16 stone 4
Lowest weight recently: 12 stone 4
Current weight: 12 stone 6
Height: 5'7
Goal weight: 10 stone

So, I've lost a bit so far but sometimes I have trouble keeping motivated so it'd be nice to be able to chat to some people going through the same process!

Hey!
Well done on losing so much already!! :biggrin:

I'm kind of in the same boat...lost a fair amount but feeling my motivation slipping as the days go by! :o:

But we will hang in there :biggrin:

Latest