The Student Room Group

DSA IT Training

Has anyone had their training yet? I keep getting calls from them asking me when do I want to have my training. The honest truth is, I am not sure if I can be bothered since the software is pretty easy to use. Plus if I have it now, by the time I get round to need to use the software, which is not til Oct when terms starts, I'd have forgotten it all...

Anyone??
Reply 1
And they come to your home... that is scary...
I've been avoiding them too. Hoping they give up soon. Installation and delivery was awful enough.
I'm kinda hoping my training is useful. I'm awful with computers and software.
Reply 4
Original post by snoogy
I've been avoiding them too. Hoping they give up soon. Installation and delivery was awful enough.

I have booked 1 half day session for next week, we will see how it goes. I thought it might be useful to see what they can offer.
Original post by ExTraP
I have booked 1 half day session for next week, we will see how it goes. I thought it might be useful to see what they can offer.

Please let me know how if goes!
I think i'm going to order my stuff after results day, I expect that is when they'll start ringing me. I'm terrified!
I've got to go through this too. I'm not seeing it as that much of a problem really. I have 3 half days of training I have to book. Just don't know when I am going to do it. I've not ordered the equitment either, May order it in the middle of August.
Reply 7
It depends what you have. I found the dictaphone training useful, but most of the rest was fairly self-explanatory (using mindmapping and Dragon software).
I'm definetly having tuition for Dragon, it works better the more you use it, and it'll be pretty useless if I don't know how to use it properly...
I'm meant to be getting IT training but haven't heard anything about it
Original post by Lostwithoutyou
I'm meant to be getting IT training but haven't heard anything about it

You have to book it yourself
Original post by lozzyhickers
You have to book it yourself

I've spoken to the company to ask about it and they've said they'll get back to me.
Original post by Lostwithoutyou
I've spoken to the company to ask about it and they've said they'll get back to me.

Hmmm how odd.
Reply 13
The training was fine, but since I am pretty good with IT anyway, I didn't find it that useful. I mean he did show me a few things that I didn't know, so I guess it was worth it. We've agreed on 1 more session and then to leave it see how it goes. Most of the stuff is indeed pretty basic and requires some practice to get used to them but then they are not hard to learn.

Quick Reply

Latest