The Student Room Group

Malia, Zante, Kavos, Ayia Napa or Magaluf?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Malia for me, seemed pretty much perfect for a lads holiday. Obviously I can't compare to the others but Malia was brilliant. Loads of clubs, bars, food places, markets etc. Plenty to do during the day, if you can be bothered. Its busy, but its nicely busy, you're not being pushed around everywhere and so on.

Plus, the Inbetweeners film is based there, what more could you ask for?

It was that good, we're going back next year. As well as somewhere else so I could find this useful.
(edited 12 years ago)
But the Inbetweeners film was filmed in Majorca.
Reply 22
Original post by And then...
But the Inbetweeners film was filmed in Majorca.

NO.
I've only been to Kavos out of those and it was amazing :biggrin: Admittedly the beach isn't amazing, but we stayed in a really nice hotel (The Kavos plaza) which had a really nice pool and wasn't too far from the main resort. if you feel like walking for about 30 minutes or so, there's a nice beach which is called the secret beach (because it's hidden away and the stupidly long walk to it as well) and that one is much better, it's just a shame it's such a walk when it's boiling hot weather!
The drinks were really cheap too in most of the bars, with some good deals, and you can barter with the promotion staff too by telling them you've had better deals elsewhere (just make it up, you don't actually have to have had any!) I think I spent about 300 euros or so. A lot of the bars and clubs stay open until quite late, we were in one club until about 5 in the morning.
Definitely consider Kavos!
Reply 24
Zante is F**king amazing! Went this summer and it was absolute quality aha :smile: cheap drinks, such as 3 shots, 2 jagerbombs and a fishbowl for 5 euros!! didn't see the whole 'cockfest' hype either, id say there was more girls if anything! Not sure where to go this year....was thinking maga or malia. but i would highly recommend zante!
Reply 25
Original post by jak67m
NO.

Inbetweeners was filmed in magaluf mate! although they intended it to be malia in the movie
Aye was filmed in Magaluf, I have about 30 friends in the film as extras because I lived out there.
Reply 27
We went to Zante this summer and had the BEST week ever!
Went self catering and spent about €400 the whole week.
It was an 18-30s holiday and they try to sell you all the arranged nights, of which we bought 2. 1 of them was a complete waste, the other was good but so overpriced.
Every single bar you walk past has an offer, generally 2 cocktails, 2 shots €5, but some variation. In one place, we got 3 jagerbombs for €1!
Didn't pay entry into a single club, but the drinks inside are more expensive than in the bars, so work your way down the strip getting and end up in the clubs so theres no need to buy any! We prinked a bit before going out and then stopped in a few bars and ended up spending only about €25/night if that!

SUCH a good holiday, would recommend to anyone!
Reply 28
I booked a holiday to Zante yesterday. I've just been for my nails done and the girl who did them said Magaluf is awful and she'd never go to Kavos again if that helps!
Reply 29
Going Malia next year.. no drink deals!? whaaaaaaaaat D:
Reply 30
Avoid Kavos... it's the pits :yucky:

Zante is much better... and you can swim with turtles

:bear:
Definetely Ayia Napa, or Ibiza, been to both. Both are absoloutely crazy.

Ayia Napa has a fantastic atmosphere, everyones chilled out, up for a great time, good clubs, all close together, would defo go back.

Ibiza is more crazier, well was for me anyway, more spread out, mega clubs, but i spent a lot less money in ibiza actually.
Reply 32
greece the best holidays ever.zante and corfu(kavos)are in ionian sea and malia is in crete(south aegean)everywhere is fantastic with loads of bars clubs restaurants and posh big hotels.i am sure you are not going to be bored.
(edited 9 years ago)
Street's like a jungle
So call the police
Following the herd
Down to Greece................... On holiday

:ahee:
Reply 34
I haven't actually been to any of the places listed above but have you considered Ibiza?
Reply 35
Why are you asking on here? TSR is for losers, the closest someone from TSR gets to a holiday like that is by watching the Inbetweeners movie. And that's if they had any friend to go see it with.

Awkward.
Reply 36
If you see this post again before you book consider Ibiza!

I went last year and it was amazing, everyone says it's really expensive but it's not if you don't go to every big club, which you don't get time for anyway.

For the 7 days I was there I took 400 euro, we had 3 big nights out on the west end, went to pacha to see david guetta, afrojack, will.i.am and usher, went to eden to see tinie tempah, went to see cream at amnesia, went go carting and did water sports and I brought 120 euro home! We did go all inclusive but the holiday in total cost about £550, I had the time of my life and going back next year too.
Reply 37
I like Magaluf personally :smile: Didnt think much of Zante last year :| people say they get so many shots bla bla for like 5 euros.. there already made up in bottles and watered down are you daft? lol
Magaluf was alot busier than zante as well. But then I would say magaluf is more of a northern crowd..

Im thinking Kos this year :smile:

Friends went to Bulgaria last year and loved it! Pool parties and stuff :O

What about Gumbet in Turkey? If you do go to Turkey dont do Marmaris.. but then again these are just my opinions :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by LC_x
I like Magaluf personally :smile: Didnt think much of Zante last year :| people say they get so many shots bla bla for like 5 euros.. there already made up in bottles and watered down are you daft? lol
Magaluf was alot busier than zante as well. But then I would say magaluf is more of a northern crowd..

Im thinking Kos this year :smile:

Friends went to Bulgaria last year and loved it! Pool parties and stuff :O

What about Gumbet in Turkey? If you do go to Turkey dont do Marmaris.. but then again these are just my opinions :smile:

zante was good. bulgaria's meant to be class. but i wouldn't go turkey - i know someone who knows someone who knows someone who got raped by the police.
Reply 39
Original post by kingme
zante was good. bulgaria's meant to be class. but i wouldn't go turkey - i know someone who knows someone who knows someone who got raped by the police.

They things happen everywhere not just Turkey.

Quick Reply

Latest