The Student Room Group

Malia, Zante, Kavos, Ayia Napa or Magaluf?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LC_x
They things happen everywhere not just Turkey.

probably more likely to happen in turkey though.
Reply 41
Hey guys I've booked a holiday for next year mid July to Malia and cannot wait!! Although I was just wondering if anybody could clear up a few things..

I've been told that the booze cruise only provides beer/larger, which I cannot stand unfortunately, anyways is this true or is there other drinks included in the unlimited drinks on board??
Also, the watersports on the booze cruises are they included in the booze cruise price or do you pay extra when on board for them?

Also, I know it will be way cheaper to pre drink before going out so was just wondering how much roughly would a litre of vodka be in a supermarket?

Thank you!
Reply 42
litre of voddie would be like £5. i went to kavos this summer with 8 lads. top week. didnt notice the 'smell' at all except one morning. we stayed at the Kouryiannos hotels. in the middle of the main strip. 30 sec walk from our room to the beach/pool/general store/bar. only a minute to the nearest club. drink were horrificly cheap. we were out till 7/8am every night we were there. only spent about £400 + £400 for the package holiday with club 18-30. if you do go with them then dont by any of their sponsored nights out. complete waste of money and events tickets can be bought for cheaper from PRs on the strip. anyway the resort is amazing. great vibe! 100% english people except restaurant and hotel staff and owners. a few 24 hour club/bars. Can emphasize enough how good this place is. a mate of mine slept with 8 chicks in the 7 night we were there. equal boy/girl split and the chicks are pretty hot as well.
Reply 43
wers best place to book the holiday anywebsites or better to go to thomas cook?
I've just booked a week in napa with Thomas Cook, staff were really friendly and helpful in finding our holiday. Can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 45
GO TO KAVOS
ITS THE BEST

Although thats the only place i've been so I don't know really lol
Reply 46
Just wondering, could someone tell me how Malaga compares to these places? I've heard a lot about the beaches, nightlife, clubs etc. but also about the history/culture, Is there actually that much to do and see for the latter?
Reply 47
Original post by kingme
probably more likely to happen in turkey though.

and how that?
Reply 48
Original post by LC_x
and how that?

cos they're mental. like how they'll cut off your hands if you get caught stealing.
Reply 49
that doesnt mean your more likely to get raped in turkey than anywhere else.
Reply 50
booked to go to zante this summer.
the woman we booked it with in thomas cook recommended zante over anywhere else for a group of girls.
she said she'd been to all the club holidays and said ibiza was the best for obvious reasons, but for our budget, zante is the best.
she said malia has a lot more boys there, so tends to have more fights. and said zante is good because it's all on one strip, so not much chance of getting lost.
the only downside about zante is the beach in laganas, but she said this isn't really a problem because the next beach along is a short cab journey away and the quality of the sand is much nicer.

plus, drinks are ridiculously cheap. win win.
also, heard all good things about it from friends who went last summer and some who are even going again next summer.
one bunch went to magaluf the year before, and then zante the summer just gone and said zante was much better.
think they're planning on going to ibiza this summer.
zante 2012!!! :biggrin:
Reply 51
i think it depends what age you are as well which place you choose..

was looking at going to Kos this year as its supposed to be more of an older crowd to the 17-18 year olds all going to certain places but heard its now apparently dead :\ so looks like it could be Gumbet this year.
Reply 52
Original post by croasdaj
Zante is F**king amazing! Went this summer and it was absolute quality aha :smile: cheap drinks, such as 3 shots, 2 jagerbombs and a fishbowl for 5 euros!! didn't see the whole 'cockfest' hype either, id say there was more girls if anything! Not sure where to go this year....was thinking maga or malia. but i would highly recommend zante!

sounds good to me man, can't wait to get out there this summer
Reply 53
Original post by tashag93

zante 2012!!! :biggrin:

you know it :wink:
Reply 54
Go to Val de Lobo. It's the classiest of the bunch.
Reply 55
Original post by LC_x
that doesnt mean your more likely to get raped in turkey than anywhere else.

Not by punters, by the police.
Reply 56
Original post by kingme
Not by punters, by the police.

but you dont have facts to prove it? Thats like saying if you go to zante you will get stabbed by what happened last year :confused:
Well this is what you want to hear I went to magaluf last year and it was amazing, absolutely full of slags boiling hot weather through the whole holiday, booze is cheap just pre drink before you go out litre bottle of vodka is only a few euros. Bcm is probably the most expensive part it was like 40 euro to get in but it's free drinks when your in, plus it was afrojack so more expensive than normal, think its about 20euro on a normal night which isn't bad. Loads of bars and clubs with a range of music, food is dirt cheap through the day and you don't have to eat **** if you don't want to the local restaurants are quite decent. Hotel was laid back walking round naked etc amazing pool partys through the day. After a night out if you haven't pulled go to the beach there's always a few sea merchants skinny dipping who are up for it.

If your not into this sort of thing I wouldn't bother with magaluff but if you don't mind loud ridiculous antics then magaluff is for you, thought it was amazing.

No class whatsoever to it though
(edited 11 years ago)
Magaluf is awesome, been 3 times in the past few years!
Reply 59
Magggaaaaaaaaaa

Quick Reply

Latest