The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

I got the 2014 FIFA World Cup game a couple of days ago (I'd completely forgot about it) after years of playing the 2010 game, and wow... what happened?

I had played FIFA 12 and that was terrible, I'd hoped they would've changed it by now, but no the players still move like **** and fall over each other. Best of all is it still has the SAME bugs it had 4 years ago (like editing a formation causes everything to go FUBAR) and then adds more bugs... turns out adding Another Star by Stevie Wonder to the menu music is a bad idea.

I can't even play online really, because it uses the new defending system which just feels weird. Holding x now means my player stays away from the ball carrier. Maybe I've just forgotten, but I can't just close someone down and try to tackle them. Looks like I won't be beating anyone 6-0 with Qatar this time.

Think I'm just gonna stop playing it. I'll try the be a pro mode if the game has it, otherwise it's just incredibly frustrating. It's like playing the laggiest game ever. It'll give me arthritis in my left thumb and a stroke.

Bah. Let me know when FIFA fixes this ****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
I got the 2014 FIFA World Cup game a couple of days ago (I'd completely forgot about it) after years of playing the 2010 game, and wow... what happened?

I had played FIFA 12 and that was terrible, I'd hoped they would've changed it by now, but no the players still move like **** and fall over each other. Best of all is it still has the SAME bugs it had 4 years ago (like editing a formation causes everything to go FUBAR) and then adds more bugs... turns out adding Another Star by Stevie Wonder to the menu music is a bad idea.

I can't even play online really, because it uses the new defending system which just feels weird. Holding x now means my player stays away from the ball carrier. Maybe I've just forgotten, but I can't just close someone down and try to tackle them. Looks like I won't be beating anyone 6-0 with Qatar this time.

Think I'm just gonna stop playing it. I'll try the be a pro mode if the game has it, otherwise it's just incredibly frustrating. It's like playing the laggiest game ever. It'll give me arthritis in my left thumb and a stroke.

Bah. Let me know when FIFA fixes this ****.

If you haven't been following the fifa's yearly then yeah it's going to be hard to adjust to the new defending system. You'll get it eventually though, just hold down LB/LT and wait for an opening to tackle your opponent. Also the World Cup editions are terrible...
Original post by Dirtybit
If you haven't been following the fifa's yearly then yeah it's going to be hard to adjust to the new defending system. You'll get it eventually though, just hold down LB/LT and wait for an opening to tackle your opponent. Also the World Cup editions are terrible...

1998 and 2010. Everyone loved/loves those.

There doesn't seem much room for openings, though to be fair if a player isn't running past someone already, they're running into each other and falling over anyway. Then someone else gets the ball, doesn't move for a second due to the delay, and someone crashes into him, then someone runs in and kicks the ball which bounces off the bundle of players and crawls a few metres, then it gets cleared out for a throw-in, which leads to 6 throw-ins in a row. FOOTBALL!

One benefit is funny replays. I even uploaded 2 but don't know where to find them. One had a guy falling over and punching the ball in. No handball given. The other is just 4 or 5 players falling over each other in the usual cluster****.
Aha, sorting out My Documents, I found that I saved my online record as Qatar in the 2010 FIFA World Cup game:

Record as QATAR in 2010 FIFA Online World Cup:

First run: P13 W7 D1 L5 F37 A22

After 5-month break: P15 W6 D2 L7 F37 A45

Best finish: QF

Best results per country:

W5-0 v Spain BOD (Before Opponent Disconnected)
W6-1 v Spn BOD
W3-1 v Argentina BOD
W2-0 v Arg BOD
L6-3 v Arg
W4-3 v Arg BOD
W5-0 v Bosnia & Herzegovina BOD
W6-1 v Brazil
D1-1 v France
W5-0 v Italy
W4-1 v Mexico
L5-3 v Netherlands
D2-2 (ET) v Portugal BOD
W3-1 v Uruguay BOD

Seriously people??
Won 7 games in division 1 seasons and still didnt win the title...
Anybody play Fifa on the PC?
Any pro club players? I'm looking for a team or could set up a TSR team? I'm on Xbox one btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubzeh
anybody play fifa on the pc?

fifa 97. :u
Reply 6128
Does anyone want a game?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6129
Original post by jam277
That's sexist. Will be battering people with the girls team.

Btw who wants a game in FIFA?

What's your psn id?
Original post by trrr
What's your psn id?

Will PM.
I know someone who destroyed their whole flat because of fifa rage. Im not even joking, he had to move house!

Quick Reply

Latest