The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by Mess.
Liverpool on FIFA 09 and 10 were ridiculously good from memory thanks solely to Torres :mmm:

On 09 Torres was an absolute beast. One of the best players on the game.
Reply 1761
Anybody else have trouble offloading youth team players? They're all 50+ but nobody wants to buy them let alone loan them! :facepalm2:
Reply 1762
Original post by TM94
Chelsea on Fifa 10

Really? Why do you think that? Admittedly I can't remember much about them on 10 but most Fifa's they just feel so slow.
Reply 1763
Original post by xxm
Really? Why do you think that? Admittedly I can't remember much about them on 10 but most Fifa's they just feel so slow.

I can just remember how overpowered every player was.

Drogba was just ...
Essien, Malouda
Cech saving everything
Scoring from corners most times with Terry.
Original post by xxm
On 09 Torres was an absolute beast. One of the best players on the game.

Don't forget Kaka on FIFA 10 as well, 92 acceleration, 94 dribbling, 94 ball control, 94 sprint speed. You used to just get it and run. :coma:
Reply 1765
Original post by CB91
Don't forget Kaka on FIFA 10 as well, 92 acceleration, 94 dribbling, 94 ball control, 94 sprint speed. You used to just get it and run. :coma:

Can't remember, rarely used him tbh. Stats seem amazing though! FIFA 09 Benzema was brilliant, honestly unplayable when ever I used him. Oh and Zlatan in pretty much all the FIFA's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xxm
Can't remember, rarely used him tbh. Stats seem amazing though! FIFA 09 Benzema was brilliant, honestly unplayable when ever I used him. Oh and Zlatan in pretty much all the FIFA's.

Agreed, Zlatan is ridiculous on any FIFA, he's tall, very strong, very good ball control, good finishing and he's not exactly slow. I get the feeling Llorente will be like that in the next few FIFA's as well.
Reply 1767
Original post by CB91
Agreed, Zlatan is ridiculous on any FIFA, he's tall, very strong, very good ball control, good finishing and he's not exactly slow. I get the feeling Llorente will be like that in the next few FIFA's as well.

Llorente is weird in the respect he has the complete forward trait, yet his shooting I think is rather poor. He's also really quite slow. Beast at heading though.

Don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as Zlatan though. Apart from maybe Rooney, Zlatan has to be the best striker in the majority of the FIFA's.
Original post by xxm
Llorente is weird in the respect he has the complete forward trait, yet his shooting I think is rather poor. He's also really quite slow. Beast at heading though.

Don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as Zlatan though. Apart from maybe Rooney, Zlatan has to be the best striker in the majority of the FIFA's.

It's a shame that if a striker isn't particularly quick or strong then they're **** on FIFA. Look at Higuain, Villa, Van Persie etc, they are all world class strikers but on FIFA they're easy to mark and tackle with any decent defender.
Reply 1769
Original post by CB91
It's a shame that if a striker isn't particularly quick or strong then they're **** on FIFA. Look at Higuain, Villa, Van Persie etc, they are all world class strikers but on FIFA they're easy to mark and tackle with any decent defender.

Yeah agreed. Jermain Defoe on the game is twice as good as the players you listed purely for speed, and he can finish as well!
Fifa 09 Ronaldo was just ridiculously overpowered oh and might I add the fact that Evra could run right across the other side of the pitch in 2 seconds. Due to this, it was impossible to play someone who wasn't Man United.

Fifa 10 got gradually better yet Ronaldo was still was overpowered.

Fifa 11 eventually evened things out.

Now in Fifa 12, Messi is overpowered.
(edited 12 years ago)
That would be your internet connection.
Am I missing a ****ing trick here or are people I face just ****ing masters at scoring from corners?!

FFS. Missed out on promotion to Division 1 because I failed to win my last match. Lost it because I conceded 3 goals from corners. OH COME ON.

And then when I'm through on goal I get ****ing fouled but no red card. Great. And why is Nesta able to out run my players? He's 50 years old? :lolwut:
Reply 1773
Original post by xxm
Which team of any Fifa's (preferably 09 onwards) would you consider the best to destroy opponents with? I'd go for Fifa 2009 United team. The attack was on another level. Ronaldo was insanely good.

well I only know from the teams I played, as I have always used Aston Villa, as i'm a Villa fan and like using them. It sucked a bit on 09, 10 and 11, as there wasn't the thing that matched your star rating so I was always playing 5 star teams. But now that it matches you I seem to always be playing CSKA/Spartak Moscow, Santos, Athletic Bilbao.

But on 11, it was probably Barcelona, Man U. on 10, Madrid, Inter, Chelsea

I think when I used Villa against the 5 star teams on 10/11 people under estimated you, and in most cases I wasn't at a too much of a disadvantage. With Villa you have an incredibly fast attack, now with Bent, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia. and in previous years with Bent, Agbonlahor, Young, Downing
Reply 1774
Original post by Mr.Messy
Am I missing a ****ing trick here or are people I face just ****ing masters at scoring from corners?!

FFS. Missed out on promotion to Division 1 because I failed to win my last match. Lost it because I conceded 3 goals from corners. OH COME ON.

And then when I'm through on goal I get ****ing fouled but no red card. Great. And why is Nesta able to out run my players? He's 50 years old? :lolwut:

I notice this sometimes, it's very frustrating, it just seems like some games you go into and every thing's against you.
You're being fouled when through on goal and getting nothing, yet you give away penalties because you run into one of their players.
Easy chances that would usually go in are going wide, or hitting the post.
And for some reason any big, slow centre-back in the game is outrunning my strikers (Gabby Agbonlahor, 95 sprint speed, and Bent, who's I can't remember but know it's 90+)
And your centre-backs are complete idiots, not the ones you're controlling, but the ones the computers in control of whilst you control the main one. Letting people run through, and when i long ball is played over the top just stumbling/falling over/pathetically heading back to the keeper but it doesn't make it any further than like a yard ahead.

If you want everything to go your way, play with athletic bilbao. i've honestly taken a vow to just never play a person using them again because of the amount of ridiculous games i've played against them.
Original post by Cll_ws
I notice this sometimes, it's very frustrating, it just seems like some games you go into and every thing's against you.
You're being fouled when through on goal and getting nothing, yet you give away penalties because you run into one of their players.
Easy chances that would usually go in are going wide, or hitting the post.
And for some reason any big, slow centre-back in the game is outrunning my strikers (Gabby Agbonlahor, 95 sprint speed, and Bent, who's I can't remember but know it's 90+)
And your centre-backs are complete idiots, not the ones you're controlling, but the ones the computers in control of whilst you control the main one. Letting people run through, and when i long ball is played over the top just stumbling/falling over/pathetically heading back to the keeper but it doesn't make it any further than like a yard ahead.

If you want everything to go your way, play with athletic bilbao. i've honestly taken a vow to just never play a person using them again because of the amount of ridiculous games i've played against them.

I've been recommended Bilbao before. Might as well try them. :holmes:

I don't know, its just a joke at how incompetent the refs and AI controlled players get sometimes.

Times like these I force myself to take a break from FIFA, before it breaks me, or I end up breaking the disc. :P
Play as Swansea and make a custom formation. 4-1-3-2 (1 CDM, 3AMs, and 2 Strikers, witht he 4 defenders pushed all the way back. I rarely lose anymore, and all the games are fun. My mate who isn't a Swansea fan, thinks they are the best team to play as now too. Not a great rating, but i comfortably beat teams like Anzhi because their defense and keeper are so crap (yet i do struggle with Eto's quality). I have got to the stage of drawing so many games though recently. I chase games well, but struggle to keep a lead. Just need to press the opponent out of it imo. In division 4 atm, struggling to get out of it. Funny story is i hadn't lost by more than 1 goal with this formation the other day until i played Stoke and he beat me 6-0. I found the funny side of it as i had more shots but he countered my style perfectly. Too much physicality there. Sent him a nice message after too. I find sending crappy messages only means accepting defeat and means you will get a gloating reply back aha.

But yeh i advise this formation and team. FIFA has actually got fun again as a result, after ages of getting pissed off. Problem is 70% of goals i concede are headed goals. Most from corners which totally piss me off as it's so easy to score from them, and headers in general. If i sort out that i'm sure i could get to division 1 ok.
Reply 1777
does anybody play pro clubs?....i seriously think its one of the best game modes on it!....but hardly anyone plays it!!!
Original post by Gob Bluth
Play as Swansea and make a custom formation. 4-1-3-2 (1 CDM, 3AMs, and 2 Strikers, witht he 4 defenders pushed all the way back. I rarely lose anymore, and all the games are fun.

I do the something similar with Ivory Coast:
GK (I forget)
Eboue Lolo Toure Tiene
Toure Tiote

Gervinho Doumbia Drogba Kalou

It actually plays quite well and regularly score 4+ goals against my flatmates
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
I do the something similar with Ivory Coast:
GK (I forget)
Eboue Lolo Toure Tiene
Toure Tiote

Gervinho Doumbia Drogba Kalou

It actually plays quite well and regularly score 4+ goals against my flatmates

Yeh i've seen people do that one too, i think i may try that too. That strike force is lethal!

Quick Reply

Latest