The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
[INDENT]
Original post by Mr.Messy
Almost everyone I play against does it. No complaints though, easy goals. :sexface:

I gotta be honest, I've missed a fair share of those chances myself :colondollar:
I often lose my composure and for some reason lob it when people do that annoyingly...

Bad news for me is that fifa is out of action. I slightly knocked the xbox when fifa was playing and now it doesn't get through games without it not say disc is unreadable. Very annoying. Toothpaste didn't work and a couple of other home things apparently for it.
I quite often 'fake' bringing the keeper out when I've got a 2 on 1 situation, if you time it right the keeper will get back in position to make a save instead of their player just smacking it into the empty net. Or they'll lob it straight into the keepers hands.

Lobs are completely unreliable but they're just so appealing when you've got the choice between that and a finesse.
Reply 1863
I don't care how many I miss (and it is probably close to 99%) the goalkeeper has to be lobbed when they come out, otherwise it just doesn't have the same feeling :colonhash:
Original post by Eru Iluvatar
Lol, it's the old sticker album mentality, I want to have them all mostly for the sake of having them. And the amount of time it would take to sell all those players (and discard a load which no-one would want to buy) isn't worth it.

You'd be surprised actually. I've managed to sell on some really useless players before.

As for lobbing, I'm not confident enough to go around so I always lob. Makes for some spectacular goals. :sogood:
Original post by SirMasterKey
You'd be surprised actually. I've managed to sell on some really useless players before.

As for lobbing, I'm not confident enough to go around so I always lob. Makes for some spectacular goals. :sogood:

The very bottom bronzes go ok for downweighting averages, and anyone with high speed usually goes well... otherwise it's pretty random, depends who's buying at the time.
Reply 1866
Can someone advise me on a team i can purchase for 150k on UT. Really unsure on what to get...
Original post by gunit123
Can someone advise me on a team i can purchase for 150k on UT. Really unsure on what to get...

What console and any preferences?
Reply 1868
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
What console and any preferences?

PS3 - Preferably players from either La Liga or BPL. I just don't know whether it should be a hybrid or from a particular nation.
PS3 - Preferably players from either La Liga or BPL. I just don't know whether it should be a hybrid or from a particular nation.

This comes to around 140,000 coins and has some strong links all over, easily getting 100 chemistry:

Torres__Van Persie
Silva
J.Mata______Gervinho
Toure
Cole Kompany Vermaelen Sagna
Hart
That has a Chelsea left, City spine and Arsenal right with 3 country matches aswell
Here's another <150,000:

Higuain Benzema
Villa___Kaka___Sanchez
Busquets
Abidal Puyol Pepe Ramos
Valdes

You can swap Busquets for Mascherano if you'd rather a higher overall
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1872
This comes to around 140,000 coins and has some strong links all over, easily getting 100 chemistry:

Torres__Van Persie
Silva
J.Mata______Gervinho
Toure
Cole Kompany Vermaelen Sagna
Hart

Thanks!!!

I've never tried the 4-1-2-1-2 formation before so it should be interesting...

Would you say there is some real justification in the inflated prices for that formation?
(edited 11 years ago)

4-1-2-1-2

GK: Reina 85
LB: Enrique 80
CB: Puyol 86
CB: Ramos (RB) 85
RB: IF Iraelo 83
CDM: Arteta 82
LM: Bale 86
RM: Jesus Navas 84
CAM: Silva 87
ST: Torres 86
ST: Llorente 83

Should come just under budget, could change the RB and Ramos if you wanted to save a bit of cash.
Reply 1874
Original post by Narcissist
4-1-2-1-2

GK: Reina 85
LB: Enrique 80
CB: Puyol 86
CB: Ramos (RB) 85
RB: IF Iraelo 83
CDM: Arteta 82
LM: Bale 86
RM: Jesus Navas 84
CAM: Silva 87
ST: Torres 86
ST: Llorente 83

Should come just under budget, could change the RB and Ramos if you wanted to save a bit of cash.

Do u think it is worth paying a lot more for the 4-1-2-1-2 formation than a 4-3-3 for example?
Do u think it is worth paying a lot more for the 4-1-2-1-2 formation than a 4-3-3 for example?

I tend to prefer the 4-2-3-1 as it's cheaper and I personally find it more effective. Anyways, any more requests? (Bra/Arg hybrids,etc)
Reply 1876
I tend to prefer the 4-2-3-1 as it's cheaper and I personally find it more effective. Anyways, any more requests? (Bra/Arg hybrids,etc)

That Arg/Bra hybrid sounds good... what about a ligue 1/ bundesliga with approx. 150k budget?
Reply 1877

Also, what kind of CF do u use in a 4-2-3-1 formation - do u prefer a pacy or a more skilful, but slower player?
That Arg/Bra hybrid sounds good... what about a ligue 1/ bundesliga with approx. 150k budget?

will do, but what formation?
Also, what kind of CF do u use in a 4-2-3-1 formation - do u prefer a pacy or a more skilful, but slower player?

For me, its Passing>Shooting>Dribbling>Pace

Quick Reply