The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

My team is just an SC Freiberg XI. Got a couple of subs as well so can't play around with the formation and the chemistry is about 98-100% Depends who's in and where.
Reply 1941
Does anyone know of any other way to download the squad updates to use for exhibition matches?

I have tried downloading the squad updates (from January and before :facepalm2: ) via the team management section on the main menu. However, when it gets to 100% it just crashes and I have to switch my computer off. Is it meant to crash/stop and I should leave it for longer to start back up?

When I play online H2H the squad update works fine but it just doesn't register on my offline games :sigh:
I'm in 2021/22 with Sunderland right now because i've moved around most of my managerial career, just settled at Sunderland for the last couple of years and are steadily building a team to challenge for the league. Top 4 finish already guarenteed this season. Next year i'll be going for the league.

Anyone else this far in it, i was usually a 4 season cap person, i used to do 4 seasons at like Arsenal then the manager mode would die, then i'd start one with someone like city and do like 3 seasons. Then try one with a smaller club and do a couple season's i've never got this far on one manager mode. All year i've just played the same manager mode consistently and managed 5 clubs and the manager mode is still really interesting, also it's amazing because you get to see all the hidden gems of tomorrow that no one even knows about.

From now on i think that certainly how i'm going to play Fifa, just going to stick to one manager mode and move around in the manager mode. I've managed Newcastle, West Ham, Middlesbrough, QPR and now Sunderland.
Original post by Mess.
Does anyone know of any other way to download the squad updates to use for exhibition matches?

I have tried downloading the squad updates (from January and before :facepalm2: ) via the team management section on the main menu. However, when it gets to 100% it just crashes and I have to switch my computer off. Is it meant to crash/stop and I should leave it for longer to start back up?

When I play online H2H the squad update works fine but it just doesn't register on my offline games :sigh:

I had the same problem. You probably downloaded something from the Creation Centre... a custom team or something. Either way, it doesn't matter. You have to get rid of what you downloaded. If your custom teams mean a lot to you, you'll have to decide between updated squad rosters and stats or your created data. EA is indeed evil.

Main Menu -> My FIFA -> Delete -> Delete Creation Centre Data

Try that^ first before moving on to the next step.

If that doesn't work, you should delete the UGC-file (user-generated content, same as creation centre data). This is only possible if you play on PC--otherwise, you void your Xbox warranty by modifying a save device. Go to your storage menu, search for the 'Fifa 12-files' and then search the 'UGC' file. Delete this file, and after that update FIFA12 like you have been doing.
Reply 1944
Original post by I Kant Spall
I had the same problem. You probably downloaded something from the Creation Centre... a custom team or something. Either way, it doesn't matter. You have to get rid of what you downloaded. If your custom teams mean a lot to you, you'll have to decide between updated squad rosters and stats or your created data. EA is indeed evil.

Main Menu -> My FIFA -> Delete -> Delete Creation Centre Data

Try that^ first before moving on to the next step.

If that doesn't work, you should delete the UGC-file (user-generated content, same as creation centre data). This is only possible if you play on PC--otherwise, you void your Xbox warranty by modifying a save device. Go to your storage menu, search for the 'Fifa 12-files' and then search the 'UGC' file. Delete this file, and after that update FIFA12 like you have been doing.

Ah good, I do have a creation centre team, that thing can die :colonhash:

Thanks for the help :h:
Original post by Mess.
Ah good, I do have a creation centre team, that thing can die :colonhash:

Thanks for the help :h:

Hopefully it works! If not, let me know.
Reply 1946
Why have an academy set up in the game if nobody wants to buy or loan your youth players?! ****ing stupid. They are all good quality too.
Anyone got the Euro DLC yet? It's been pretty crap so far. Firstly there is no license for Wales (Gareth Belth), the menus are also really gay and the gameplay seems shocking compared to 'regular' FIFA. Also, the ratings are pretty useless on there too - Gomez is lower than Klose for example. Overall, don't get it.
Reply 1948
The gameplay is exactly the same isn't it? It's just the same game with a new face.
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Anyone got the Euro DLC yet? It's been pretty crap so far. Firstly there is no license for Wales (Gareth Belth), the menus are also really gay and the gameplay seems shocking compared to 'regular' FIFA. Also, the ratings are pretty useless on there too - Gomez is lower than Klose for example. Overall, don't get it.

Gareth Belth!? What the hell. That is abominable for the fact you have to pay so much money for the game!! Was considering getting it for Wales but no way now.

Also, creation centre confuses me. Is there a way to import classic teams like Man United Classic team of 99 with Yorke, Cole etc. and ways to import Wales or something too?

Cheers.
Reply 1950
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I finally started Ultimate team again (had the disconnection problem for 6 months).

My team at the moment:

Muniain Higuain Reyes

Kaka Busquets Rakitic

Marcelo Perea Pepe Arbeloa

Diego Lopez

I know it looks a cheap squad (only cost about 30-40k) but I'm saving up for TOTY. I have about 600,000 coins saved up (from about a month's worth of trading). Need more personally but I hope I can afford normal Ronaldo (PS3) by then.

Any improvements on the current team?

How come, any tips? I've got a decent enough side so I can win pretty much every game I play but I really struggle to make a lot of coins. Admittedly I haven't bothered too much with trading, mainly out of laziness but now I'm wanting to give it a bit of a go and don't know the best way to go about it.
Original post by mau5
How come, any tips? I've got a decent enough side so I can win pretty much every game I play but I really struggle to make a lot of coins. Admittedly I haven't bothered too much with trading, mainly out of laziness but now I'm wanting to give it a bit of a go and don't know the best way to go about it.

Essentially, I isolate the market I am going to exploit in order to make my coins. I picked La Liga as I know the prices pretty well since I made my team from that league. So now I look at players in bad formations (i.e 3 or 5 at the back) and you can usually get them at around 2-3k cheaper than their 'good formation' counterpart (This is assuming your buying and selling players in the 15k and up range).

You simply buy those and it's quite easy as there is little demand for players in poor formations. You then apply a formation card that has 4 at the back (you can get a 4-3-2-1 for about 1.5k) and apply it.

You would now usually make 1.5k profit of this player if you sold it immediately. However, I put them up overnight for about 1k more than there 'daytime' asking price at a buy it now and it always get sold as there is very few players on the market at night.

However, it is really difficult to make coins in the market at the moment because of the 'market crash'. Everyone is anticipating TOTY and are selling their players and hence there is a larger supply with the same demand and eventually, the prices are getting lower and lower.

The tip is good and you can definitely carry it on into Fifa 13. I've been doing it since beginning of Fifa 11 and it's been going ok.

Other tips:

Buy formation cards cheaper during happy hour because of the massive influx and sell them overnight and you make a profit (albeit small).

Only pay 300 coins for a gold contract

Anticipate tournaments that'll be released. I predicted the St Patrick's day tourne and made a lot of coins as your average non-rare Irish player was going for 3k. However, I also predicted a St Georges day tourne and bought a lot of Agbonlahors, Walcotts and Bents. Unfortunately, EA ****ed me over and I made a little bit of a loss. But you gotta gamble.

All my tips work for PS3 and Xbox may be different (however, the basic principles should still apply).
Reply 1952
New inform Turan looks good. Anyone know roughly prices?
Trying to finish the Under the Cap tourny but everytime I go to play the final it crashes out on me. Soo annoying. It says the disc is unreadable and looking at it, I think that may well be a laser burn so my housemates disc might be a bit buggered.
Reply 1954
What are the chances of getting a good player in a gold pack?
I have bought so many and not got any reward...
Reply 1955
Original post by gpgill
What are the chances of getting a good player in a gold pack?
I have bought so many and not got any reward...

Virtually nothing... don't waste ur money.
Played FIFA for the first time in a while yesterday and twice received abuse over the messaging system afterwards, it really is the worst game I have got in terms of the harassment you can receive.
Original post by chancellorroberts
Played FIFA for the first time in a while yesterday and twice received abuse over the messaging system afterwards, it really is the worst game I have got in terms of the harassment you can receive.

We've only ever had a few who sent harassing messages after. I think one of my housemates sent someone a message provoking them. I've only sent things like 'good game' etc. if it was actually a terrific contest.
I've only ever got one positive message after a game. Happened today actually. :biggrin:

No shortages of hate though. Have about a dozen of those! :hmmm:
Reply 1959
Original post by Mr.Messy
I've only ever got one positive message after a game. Happened today actually. :biggrin:

No shortages of hate though. Have about a dozen of those! :hmmm:

I got one too today :biggrin:

I had a really good game against a guy and he won 2-1 with a Hummels long shot and he sent a message saying I'm a strong player and I deserved to win!

Next game, some guy I beat sent me the most eloquent "****". ( The one that begins with T and ends with WAT :colonhash:)

Quick Reply

Latest