The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

I play FIFA 10 on PS3 all the time, but it is really starting to frustrate me. If I go 2-0 up 3/4 times the opponent will pause the game at kick off then it says "connection with your oponent has been lost". I know this isn't a genuine connection problem because of how consistent it is with the whole going 2-0 up thing. Sometimes there are genuine connection problems, if there's lag all through the game, the opponent is winning well and suchlike.

It isn't that often I manage to win games, or go up so it is annoying that i can never finish a game as soon as I start winning. Why are people such sore losers that they can't finish a game when they are losing? Have they never seen football, and epic comebacks? I throw away leads all the time and it just frustrates me I can't finish a game.

I get bored of playing the CPU because you can predict what they are going to do all the time, and I don't have any friends who are into football AND like Fifa AND have a PS3, so I can't play them. I just want to play a full game of FIFA, whether I win or lose the match

PSN name is johngebreadman, for anyone who wants a few games sometime, don't have 11 though as I am way too cheap, and its's not long till 12 anyway
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That happens in FIFA 11 as well. EA should develop this thing where the player who quits gets banned for 7 days or so from playing online. Will stop idiots from quitting online.
People on Fifa are ****ing arse holes. They always rage quit as soon as you start winning and if they're real dicks they'll wait till 89 minutes then quit. **** ME it's annoying.

Calm down Ben... it's only a game :frown:
happens in many online games, ive seen games of COD where the losing team just vanishes before the end of a match
Reply 4
I know exactly what you mean. One game I was 2-1 up, and in the 90th minute they quit. I'm pretty raging at that point, but I decide to play another game. I'm 3-2 up after 85 minutes, I score again to make it 4-2 and what happens? They quit :angry: I've not played FIFA online since :lol:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
People on Fifa are ****ing arse holes. They always rage quit as soon as you start winning and if they're real dicks they'll wait till 89 minutes then quit. **** ME it's annoying.

Calm down Ben... it's only a game :frown:

yeah that's the worst of all
Original post by HRH2
That happens in FIFA 11 as well. EA should develop this thing where the player who quits gets banned for 7 days or so from playing online. Will stop idiots from quitting online.

The only problem is that it's difficult for them to tell who's quitting and who actually has connection issues.
Reply 7
Original post by Drunk Punx
I'd play you.

Short history: Went round a mates house, and I'd never played the game before. For the first half of the match I didn't even know where the "shoot" button was. Despite that, I was 2-0 up. Game ended 5-0 to me.

Second match was 8-0 to me (against a different person).

Third match was 4-4 (although that was against someone who plays it a fair bit).

In the 4th match I entered double digits. The guy almost smashed his controller through the coffee table. Was hilarious. No-one wanted to play me after that :sad:

Like I said, I'd play you. Totally don't have a PS3 though.

Has happened to be so many time, kept crossing the ball instead of shooting gets so annoying after a bit.
jew goals and guiting early get to me!
Reply 9
Yeah I get this all the time too :/ From my experience people get way more worked up over FIFA than any game of COD lol
Reply 10
That and people who play Real Madrid or Chelsea annoy me

Fifa 11 ps3 anyone pm me for add
Ill play you.
Original post by yeah yeah
Yeah I get this all the time too :/ From my experience people get way more worked up over FIFA than any game of COD lol

quitting in cod is bad, but not as bad as fifa because its just one person on each team and ends the game straight away
I thought FIFA 11 was supposed to punish the rage quitters? I haven't played on Live since graduation because the connection can be lost on my side despite being in a winning position. I don't understand why the disconnections happen, except the rage quitters, as I never get this when playing racing games on Live. I was thinking of getting FIFA 12 but I will wait to see what improvements there are. If not, I might try Pro Evo instead.
Reply 13
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
quitting in cod is bad, but not as bad as fifa because its just one person on each team and ends the game straight away

Yeah I totally agree. In cod it doesn't really matter because the game's never really gonna end if a few people quit but if the other guy quits out in fifa it just ruins the game :/
Reply 14
If the other person isn't finding it fun, why would you expect them to play?
Original post by Jingers
If the other person isn't finding it fun, why would you expect them to play?

It's unfair on the other person who is having fun, and you can have fun without winning. I have enjoyed some games that have been close and I've lost more than games where I have won 5-0
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
I play FIFA 10 on PS3 all the time, but it is really starting to frustrate me. If I go 2-0 up 3/4 times the opponent will pause the game at kick off then it says "connection with your oponent has been lost". I know this isn't a genuine connection problem because of how consistent it is with the whole going 2-0 up thing. Sometimes there are genuine connection problems, if there's lag all through the game, the opponent is winning well and suchlike.

It isn't that often I manage to win games, or go up so it is annoying that i can never finish a game as soon as I start winning. Why are people such sore losers that they can't finish a game when they are losing? Have they never seen football, and epic comebacks? I throw away leads all the time and it just frustrates me I can't finish a game.

I get bored of playing the CPU because you can predict what they are going to do all the time, and I don't have any friends who are into football AND like Fifa AND have a PS3, so I can't play them. I just want to play a full game of FIFA, whether I win or lose the match

PSN name is johngebreadman, for anyone who wants a few games sometime, don't have 11 though as I am way too cheap, and its's not long till 12 anyway

I will play you once I am on Fifa 12 and if you're on Fifa 12 as well. I promise you I will not quit!
Reply 17
Probably one of the worst online game problems.. well, other than Left For Dead rage quits.
Reply 18
Original post by IFondledAGibbon

Original post by IFondledAGibbon
The only problem is that it's difficult for them to tell who's quitting and who actually has connection issues.
Since I don't play FIFA online, I don't know the answer to this, but does EA keep a permanent record of a person's win/loss stats online? If so and that's the reason for the ragequitting (to protect their record) then EA should add in two extra stats - 'disconnect win' and 'disconnect loss'. Wouldn't be overly difficult to code in - when you kick off the match the game instantly adds one to your games played. If you disconnect and reconnect to the EA servers then it checks that wins/draws/losses equal the total matches played, and if it doesn't then you get a d/c loss added to your record. If your opponent disconnects and you're sent back to the lobby or whatever then it adds a d/c win to your record before officially ending your match. True, it won't differentiate between those with a shoddy connection and those with a shoddy attitude, but it doesn't really have to - either way you're probably not going to want to waste your time on them.
Reply 19
I'm sure thinking about the large group of people that a console football game attracts would give you a clue as to why they quit after being behind, namely impatient children/football fans who don't appreciate a game unless they are winning and are too selfish/ignorant to realise how it detracts from other peoples enjoyment and the community in general.

Quick Reply

Latest