The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Hi everyone :smile:

Iv'e read through all this thread and decided to join tsr :biggrin:
I have an interview on the 9th of feb so in leaving tomorrow morning :eek: (i'm a reapplicant)
Good luck to everyone else going to interviews, and to those who don't im sure you will get interviews/offers soon there's lots of us to interview and they've onley given out two dated so far! If i managed to get one im sure you guys will, you all seem so dedicated :h:

Best of luck to you all!!!!!

Also thanks to whoever posted that it is standard interviews, i was about to email them to ask, so thats one less thing to worry about
Have any interviews been given out recently?
Original post by Besakt
Have you got an interview?

Nope. I just don't think people should be giving up hope yet.
Reply 1103
Original post by joemullally

Original post by joemullally
Nope. I just don't think people should be giving up hope yet.

people definitely shouldn't, i've posted it on here a few times now but they're interviewing on the 21st and 22nd
SO STOP PANICKING
I'm surprised someone hasn't phone them before now.
Original post by GabbiWS
people definitely shouldn't, i've posted it on here a few times now but they're interviewing on the 21st and 22nd
SO STOP PANICKING

Which means people can expect to hear in the next few days about those interviews, assuming they give you ~ two weeks notice
Stay watchful of your emails guys.
Reply 1106
Original post by yum-yum
Hi everyone :smile:

Iv'e read through all this thread and decided to join tsr :biggrin:
I have an interview on the 9th of feb so in leaving tomorrow morning :eek: (i'm a reapplicant)
Good luck to everyone else going to interviews, and to those who don't im sure you will get interviews/offers soon there's lots of us to interview and they've onley given out two dated so far! If i managed to get one im sure you guys will, you all seem so dedicated :h:

Best of luck to you all!!!!!

Also thanks to whoever posted that it is standard interviews, i was about to email them to ask, so thats one less thing to worry about

What are your stats (GCSE, A2, work experience, voluntary work and UKCAT) if youd don't mind please.
Reply 1107
Sorry if I totally pissed people off about the 'only feb interviews' thing, that's what the admissions told me on the phone, whether or not they were saying that to reassure me or to hint that I wasn't gettin an interview I don't know. :smile:
Reply 1108
Original post by JessiC
Sorry if I totally pissed people off about the 'only feb interviews' thing, that's what the admissions told me on the phone, whether or not they were saying that to reassure me or to hint that I wasn't gettin an interview I don't know. :smile:

Dont worry about it its not your fault I think everyones on edge because Leeds are taking forever. On a positive note it can't be much longer and we'll know one way or the other :smile:
Reply 1109
Original post by satnile
What are your stats (GCSE, A2, work experience, voluntary work and UKCAT) if youd don't mind please.

Standard grades: 6 1's, one 2 and an A
Highers AAAAB
Advanced highers AB as well as AA in two other highers
UKCAT: apalling this year, only 618 :frown:

Ive been volunteering at a childrens hospice for two years, doing young befriending and kitchen work
3 weeks uk work experience in different hospitals, and 4 weeks in tanzania, first aid, fundraising for the rotary club at school, and air cadet stuff

amazed i got an interview tbh
Reply 1110
Original post by yum-yum
Standard grades: 6 1's, one 2 and an A
Highers AAAAB
Advanced highers AB as well as AA in two other highers
UKCAT: apalling this year, only 618 :frown:

Ive been volunteering at a childrens hospice for two years, doing young befriending and kitchen work
3 weeks uk work experience in different hospitals, and 4 weeks in tanzania, first aid, fundraising for the rotary club at school, and air cadet stuff

amazed i got an interview tbh

Hi if you dont mind me asking when was you in Tanzania? I also went for 3 weeks during September, best experience ever! Congrats on the interview btw, hope I get one too! :smile:
Reply 1111
Original post by Aysh161
Dont worry about it its not your fault I think everyones on edge because Leeds are taking forever. On a positive note it can't be much longer and we'll know one way or the other :smile:

True, it's unreal how long there taking. I'm
Still waiting for BSMS too, hopefully won't be long. I've convinced myself I'll be doing biomedical now (my 5th option), applied for my accommodation and evrything :/
Reply 1112
Original post by lisa101
Hi if you dont mind me asking when was you in Tanzania? I also went for 3 weeks during September, best experience ever! Congrats on the interview btw, hope I get one too! :smile:

I bet you will get one :smile: This is my only interview so far along with one rejection, i had almost given up hope until start of February, you will get there!!

I was there in June it was fantastic, did you go to the safari lodge at the weekend and the orphanage?
Reply 1113
Everyone chill out. Just phoned them up and this really nice admissions lady answered and I asked if they're still giving them out and she started laughing like she had had loads of people phone up and ask her the same thing, bless. She told me they're still giving out interviews slowly but surely and that they will be interviewing up until the middle-end of March so just keep checking your emails. :smile:

ps. the leeds admissions people are so much nicer than those at Liverpool uni.
Original post by StuartCB
Everyone chill out. Just phoned them up and this really nice admissions lady answered and I asked if they're still giving them out and she started laughing like she had had loads of people phone up and ask her the same thing, bless. She told me they're still giving out interviews slowly but surely and that they will be interviewing up until the middle-end of March so just keep checking your emails. :smile:

That made me smile :smile:

Can I ask what makes you say that about the Liverpool admissions people? I've not applied there, but I'm just curious.
Reply 1115
Original post by Ally312
That made me smile :smile:

Can I ask what makes you say that about the Liverpool admissions people? I've not applied there, but I'm just curious.

Haha :smile: And ohh, eurk I phoned them up to ask them the same thing and they sounded like they were bored as hell and didn't want to talk to anyone. And like at the end of the conversation, they didn't ask did I want to know anything else they were just like get to the point okay bye. Put the phone down. They just didn't sound as enthusiastic as Leeds. TBH they just sounded a little bit snotty and had a negative tone about them. It sounds like I'm making assumptions cause the person may have had a crappy day but like I've phoned Liverpool's one up like 3 times and all 3 times they just sound the same :\
Reply 1116
Haha :smile: And ohh, eurk I phoned them up to ask them the same thing and they sounded like they were bored as hell and didn't want to talk to anyone. And like at the end of the conversation, they didn't ask did I want to know anything else they were just like get to the point okay bye. Put the phone down. They just didn't sound as enthusiastic as Leeds. TBH they just sounded a little bit snotty and had a negative tone about them. It sounds like I'm making assumptions cause the person may have had a crappy day but like I've phoned Liverpool's one up like 3 times and all 3 times they just sound the same :\

Hey, when you phoned liverpool admissions, what did they say? I'm still waiting to hear from them. :rolleyes: Thanks
Reply 1117

hey i agree that liverpool admissions can be quite strange on the phone but I was there for interview and they are the nicest people ever. they offered to hold on to my coat/bags/ etc when i went in, gave us water, called me a cab and reassured us that the interview would be okay. they are nice in person :smile:
Yay I just checked my emails and got an interview! I really did think I was going to get rejected so am very surprised! Also the sender of the email wasn't leeds University so I was amazed when it said interview invite in the subject!!! Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet! :smile:
Original post by xRainbowx

Original post by xRainbowx
Yay I just checked my emails and got an interview! I really did think I was going to get rejected so am very surprised! Also the sender of the email wasn't leeds University so I was amazed when it said interview invite in the subject!!! Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet! :smile:

Congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending