The Student Room Group

Would you be able to enjoy yourself at a nightclub without alcohol?

Would you be able to go to a nightclub and not drink or is the booze part of the experience?

Lets say we're in... A typical nightclub that plays all the generic music that everybody knows. Nothing too special.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, because no normal person would enter a nightclub unless under the influence enough to convince them it's a good idea.
Not a chance, drunk people are annoying as **** unless you're drunk too.
Reply 3
Original post by Phil2008
Not a chance, drunk people are annoying as **** unless you're drunk too.

Absolutely correct!

And some people like the alcohol to give them a slight confidence boost.
Reply 4
I don't think I've ever entered a club sober.
I thought I could, but actually, no. It's not really the same...I love the music and the dancing, but the people just become annoying and it's a bit like "why am I doing this". If you're drunk, everything you say/do is a fantastic idea.
Reply 6
I experienced **** for the first time last weekend
Reply 7
Not sure if I could...I find it hard to get too drunk anyway, but working night shifts in a fast food chain has convinced me a night out is impossible without alcohol!
Reply 8
No, because then it would just be a dark room with loads of sweaty, hyperactive people circling their hips and and trying to punch the air in time to deafening music. But when your drunk.... =]
Yes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Absolutely not. Nightclubs are horrible places. They only seem like a good idea when you're already drunk.

That's not to say I can't have a good time without alcohol, it's just to say that nightclubs aren't where you go if you want to have a good time whilst sober.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Sadly probably no.

I could dance in the kitchen with friends totally sober - well, I do...

But the environment of a club does need alcohol to work if I'm being entirely honest.
Reply 12
yeah. Just drink coca cola instead. Then you get a caffeine high. I know people who just drink red-bulls.

Anyone who is too much of a chicken to go to a nightclub sober is not the bravest little soldier in world. awww. how sweet.:wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by scott202
Yes. I have what's called personality.

Yeah, good luck with that. Personality counts for **** all in a club.

Original post by T'archer
Not sure if I could...I find it hard to get too drunk anyway, but working night shifts in a fast food chain has convinced me a night out is impossible without alcohol!

Never mind a night out, working in a fast food chain would probably convince me that a day at work would be impossible without alcohol.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have spent nights at clubs with no alcohol whatsoever...in the bad clubs it was awful, in the good clubs I had a better time than normal :smile:

The only issue is when others are getting pished and you're the one having to deal with all their annoying drunken habits!
Reply 15

Original post by Kt.b
No, because no normal person would enter a nightclub unless under the influence enough to convince them it's a good idea.

Hehe, well put. This is why I so rarely go to clubs.

That said, it would depend on who I went with. Certain kinds of nightclub can be fun regardless of alcohol in the right company.
I didn't drink for 4 months when I was at uni and still went out as normal. Still enjoyed myself! Provided you're with good people you don't need to drink to have a good time!
Reply 17
I'd like to think I could but I probably couldn't.
Original post by noobynoo

Anyone who is too much of a chicken to go to a nightclub sober is not the bravest little soldier in world. awww. how sweet.:wink:

I suppose to some people it's like playing Call of Duty without any guns.
Reply 19
Have done before. Wasn't great but wasn't soul destroying either. Like other people have said, I find alcohol's best use as a means to dull your sense of all the crap going on around you.

Quick Reply

Latest