Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Commons Bar Mk V

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Myself and Jarred are very dedicated so i have full confidence should the party not choose me and i actually based my entire campaign on party activity so we Tories will be taking the HOC by force very soon.

Very true, as far as i am concerned any dead-weight can drop to the bottom of the ocean.
    I am scared. Very, very, scared. Still, don't misunderestimate the power of the left side of the force.

How did you make an ass of yourself?
    By being a new member and standing, and then insulting all established members in my manifesto.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Ouch that's irritating. I love how inactivity is a self-fixing problem with all the VoNCs and resignations recently. Not to mention the coalition fracas. By-elections and new party leaders should make March/April good.

That sucks.
    Yup, it's great once it all kicks in.

As i recall a general election must be called by April 13th as well, this parliament has flown by (sadly the number of bills will likely be the lowest since the 8th parliament).
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been on TSR for nearly a year and rose through the ranks quickly.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    FPTP and if there is a tie then it goes to a second ballot, OMOV

It take it you guys have a preferential voting system?
    Statistically it must be pretty long odds that you would tie.

FPTP but 50% required or run-off (not 100% on that but it was used for a previous one).
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think i'be been on here since Nov 10 and though i was tempted to run in Feb 11 i decided to back Indie. Active member of the party most of last year and then got made an MP back in Oct. From there i have spearheaded a VONC against OS, ran for leader and being made Acting Shadow Chancellor.

Probably would have risen quicker but we had a tonne of oldies as MP's and i lost out to Planar in an MP election.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    I am scared. Very, very, scared. Still, don't misunderestimate the power of the left side of the force.

By being a new member and standing, and then insulting all established members in my manifesto.
    Haha.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably easier to do that in the Lib Dems. Still I'm going to try and emulate your trajectory.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think i'be been on here since Nov 10 and though i was tempted to run in Feb 11 i decided to back Indie. Active member of the party most of last year and then got made an MP back in Oct. From there i have spearheaded a VONC against OS, ran for leader and being made Acting Shadow Chancellor.

Probably would have risen quicker but we had a tonne of oldies as MP's and i lost out to Planar in an MP election.
    Education Spokesman last March, took some time out from April to September due to personal reasons. Came back, made a MP to cover TC (Who got banned). Made Transport last October based on my knowledge of the Railways and I was the best person to deliver the manifesto commitment. Became Deputy Leader last November. And I became Leader within the last few weeks.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Probably easier to do that in the Lib Dems. Still I'm going to try and emulate your trajectory.
    That's if you get elected.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yup, he seemed to be really good as Deputy but obviously something got in the way which forced me to spearhead the VONC.

You could try paint?
    You do know he was only deputy for roughly a month yes? I thought he started out as a great leader, together we came up with loads of new initiatives, did the typical reshuffling of the cabinet, and then he sort of vanished.

To be fair to him, it was always going to be hard to follow L i b and then Indie - both of whom did amazing jobs.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    You do know he was only deputy for roughly a month yes? I thought he started out as a great leader, together we came up with loads of new initiatives, did the typical reshuffling of the cabinet, and then he sort of vanished.

To be fair to him, it was always going to be hard to follow L i b and then Indie - both of whom did amazing jobs.
    Ah right, yes.

Indeed, i came just after Nothos became leader although he went due to inactivity as well.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.parliament.uk/business/ne...-universities/ Anyone going to this? If so, please post a review here?

I started watching the Speaker's Lecture Series on the Great Offices of State, where former senior Ministers gave a talk about their experiences. Very Interesting. http://www.parliament.uk/business/commons/the-speaker/speeches/speakers-lecture-series/

No Jacqui Smith.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to but no spare cash.

Definitely going to go next year if it is repeated.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.parliament.uk/business/ne...-universities/ Anyone going to this? If so, please post a review here?
    Sounds good although the first one doesn't seem to be my cup of tea... is there a list of upcoming speakers? can't seem to locate it.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Sounds good although the first one doesn't seem to be my cup of tea... is there a list of upcoming speakers? can't seem to locate it.
    Just that at the moment.

I cannot go to it but I am interested in it.
    • 34 followers

So the first Sun on Sunday newspaper goes on sale, no doubt reporting all The News of the World...
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Sun on Sunday is like the Sun during the week.

It is not the solution.

The problem lies with the interfering megalomaniac who I suspect does not pay tax here in the UK.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:

I started watching the Speaker's Lecture Series on the Great Offices of State, where former senior Ministers gave a talk about their experiences. Very Interesting. http://www.parliament.uk/business/commons/the-speaker/speeches/speakers-lecture-series/

No Jacqui Smith.
    I had a ticket to attend the lecture given by Alastair Darling last week, but couldn't go as friends were coming down from Manchester. My manager went though.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    So the first Sun on Sunday newspaper goes on sale, no doubt reporting all The News of the World...
    And British society degenerates a little more on a Sunday from now on.

While not quite as bad as the Daily Mail i do find the Murdoch dailies to be extremely poor.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    I had a ticket to attend the lecture given by Alastair Darling last week, but couldn't go as friends were coming down from Manchester. My manager went though.
    I watched it on Iplayer.
Updated: April 29, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.