Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Commons Bar Mk V

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a shambles. Oxford were ahead too. Shod be annulled and rerun at a later date.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    It's a shambles. Oxford were ahead too. Shod be annulled and rerun at a later date.
    didn't one of their oars snap too?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Oh why?
    It did not have a Leader and I requested to become the Leader.

On the Oxbridge Boat Race, I demand a re run.

JPKC and myself have put aside our differences
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I can say from personal experience that having an oar snap is one of the unluckiest and most heartbreaking things that can happen in a race. It has nothing to do with the rowers and their capability themselves. It happened to me at Tewkesbury, and you just feel powerless.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Anyone hear about this?
    "Self-proclaimed anti-elitist protester". Blatantly a bitter Oxbridge reject.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    "Self-proclaimed anti-elitist protester". Blatantly a bitter Oxbridge reject.
    i'd have believed it but I think im right in saying he was privately educated. Whilst its not impossible it seems more unlikely that he would be anti elitist
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'd have believed it but I think im right in saying he was privately educated. Whilst its not impossible it seems more unlikely that he would be anti elitist
    He has an MSc in "Contemporary Urbanism" and now works as a 'professional volunteer'. And yeah he was which makes the whole thing a bit hypocritical at best. Basically he seems to be a bit of a prat.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    No I meant why are you using this thread as Twitter once more?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    that does sound like a challenge :P There can't be that many without them!
    It was, and as tempted as I was to go with the pope song...
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)

On the Oxbridge Boat Race, I demand a re run.

JPKC and myself have put aside our differences
    Link to the society?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Link to the society?
    Here you go:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=752
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    He has an MSc in "Contemporary Urbanism" and now works as a 'professional volunteer'. And yeah he was which makes the whole thing a bit hypocritical at best. Basically he seems to be a bit of a prat.
    Couldn't agree more!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you guys think that if you're born a certain way, you're immediately a hypocrit for having certain views?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    Wait, you guys think that if you're born a certain way, you're immediately a hypocrit for having certain views?
    That's the left for you.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Even though I'm a Cambridge fan myself (I'd love to go there from Year 13 :awesome:), I agree. That prick ruined the race, and then the oar incident... Oxford deserved to win.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Even though I'm a Cambridge fan myself (I'd love to go there from Year 13 :awesome:), I agree. That prick ruined the race, and then the oar incident... Oxford deserved to win.
    No they didn't: no-one deserved to win. This kind of obsession with competition and elitism is a cancer in our society. All the oarsmen involved were ultimately defined by who they were born to; why should they receive a prize for that?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    If you've led a life contrary to those views then yes, by definition. Of course there's nothing necessarily wrong with being a hypocrite.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    No they didn't: no-one deserved to win. This kind of obsession with competition and elitism is a cancer in our society. All the oarsmen involved were ultimately defined by who they were born to; why should they receive a prize for that?
    Didn't happen.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    If you put this in with a bunch of Stalin quotes it would be difficult to pick out.
    Lolno.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    If you put this in with a bunch of Stalin quotes it would be difficult to pick out.
    As one of your new coalition partners, I am quite shocked you didn't realise the inherent sarcasm.
Updated: April 29, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.