Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The Commons Bar Mk V

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    PSG- been there last year.
    Did you go to 'Parc des Princes' to watch a match or Paris in general?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Labour Party Mayoral Election Broadcast was pretty good. "Come on Ken!".

But then again; I would say that.

• 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    I thought the Labour Party Mayoral Election Broadcast was pretty good. "Come on Ken!".

No matter how good it is it does not change the fact he is a massive ****
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Better than Boris Johnson :/
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    But the City needs Boris... Ken will ruin the city with all these cuts... where will the money come from exactly? I bet people will pay more in the long run than they will in the short term as it will be unsustainable.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    His promises amount to around £2.7bn in a time of economic hardship, when public spending is low, its simply a promise he can't follow up on
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    His promises amount to around £2.7bn in a time of economic hardship, when public spending is low, its simply a promise he can't follow up on
    Well, he does make it very clear that he will resign if he doesn't bring in the promise. It would be very hard for him to politically survive if he then didn't resign so I think he's very confident that he will be able to deliver.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, he does make it very clear that he will resign if he doesn't bring in the promise. It would be very hard for him to politically survive if he then didn't resign so I think he's very confident that he will be able to deliver.
    he doesn't strike me as the sort of person who keeps promises.

He'll just say that the plans "need more time". Unless i missed it, he hasn't put a timescale on when this has to happen
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    he doesn't strike me as the sort of person who keeps promises.

He'll just say that the plans "need more time". Unless i missed it, he hasn't put a timescale on when this has to happen
    Err yes he did. I don't think you watched it.

"In fact if I haven't delivered that fair cut by October the 7th this year, I will resign no question." - 0:39
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Err yes he did. I don't think you watched it.

"In fact if I haven't delivered that fair cut by October the 7th this year, I will resign no question." - 0:39
    But that's only fares. That's easy to do, he hasn't promised it wont lose London money. There are no promises regarding the rest of the £2.7bn he intends to waste away. Deliver on the fare cuts, but nothing else, and he doesn't have to resign...
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've only read the transcript, haven't seen it yet. In that case if he gets elected, he won't be lasting very long, will he?
    Depends doesn't it. As I say, he's obviously very confident that he can achieve that aim.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends doesn't it. As I say, he's obviously very confident that he can achieve that aim.
    just watched on your post, he only promises fares. Its easy to cut fares, he hasn't promised it wont lose money, and his "promise" doesn't cover any of his other campaign points.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    just watched on your post, he only promises fares. Its easy to cut fares, he hasn't promised it wont lose money, and his "promise" doesn't cover any of his other campaign points.
    I never said it did cover everything. But it's still a pretty big commitment.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what presidential candidates get up to in France... :facepalm:

It is in French but is basically him with the black youth of France, trying to be ghetto with N****s in Paris playing in the background it is an absolute failure, maybe Ken will come out with something similar :rofl:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    This is what presidential candidates get up to in France... :facepalm:

It is in French but is basically him with the black youth of France, trying to be ghetto with N****s in Paris playing in the background it is an absolute failure, maybe Ken will come out with something similar :rofl:
    Perhaps not Ken but certainly Obama. Melanchon is the more interesting candidate on the Left. Hollande is bland but then Mitterand was quite bland in the end and he got elected.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Boring. But the girl with the nose piercing would get it!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/m...y-7643412.html

There's a surprise.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a surprise.
    No, it was obvious they were actors....
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    No, it was obvious they were actors....
    I know, it was sarcasm
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    This
Updated: April 29, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.