The Student Room Group

Why is Cher Lloyd idolised in this country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mendeleev's Table
I'm not too fond of her, but are you using a caricature (whose main aim is to exaggerate somebody's features) as a means of saying she's ugly?

Try and find a good looking caricature.

to be honest its fairly acurate though... any photo where she has her mouth and eyes open isnt the best... Especially as she sings! which is unfortunate with her job...why does she pull that weirdly anoying face when she sings?!?!

Spoiler

Reply 21
She's a swagger jagger that's why!
Reply 22
We allowed the Cheeky Girls to get to number one (or close enough) I wouldn't take people liking her as a sign that she's good.

Swagger Jagger is just a joke.
Cher Lloyd.... Idolised?

She can't sing. She's ugly. She's not original. She speaks like.... :rant:. And as for her song writing........ :facepalm2:. I can't idolise a songwriter unless they actually have meaningful songs.
Reply 24
Original post by Linweth
I pity anybody who idolises people such as Cher Lloyd or Cheryl Cole... talentless hacks and not necessarily good looking either.

Agreed
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
to be honest its fairly acurate though... any photo where she has her mouth and eyes open isnt the best... Especially as she sings! which is unfortunate with her job...why does she pull that weirdly anoying face when she sings?!?!

Spoiler

And a caricature was more suitable than a real picture, because? That's what I was trying to get at.
Original post by Rectangular
It's rare to find someone who doesn't love Cher Lloyd these days, I've even heard people call her a national treasure.

Personally I think she's a common chav who got lucky, she can't rap and makes crap songs.

I really don't understand why 99.9% of people adore her

*Prepares for neg batallion for daring to insult one 'Britain's Best'*

I think you mean Cheryl Cole
Reply 27
Original post by The Anti-Hero
If you swapped Cher Lloyd for Cheryl Cole, you'd probably be closer to the mark. The latter is much more universally adored than the former, but is almost as undeserving if prettier and slightly less unpleasant.

why would cheryl cole be idolised ?
Original post by T-ros
why would cheryl cole be idolised ?

I don't really know what you're questioning here. The fact that she's idolised or the justice in it?

Why WOULD she be? I have no idea.
Why IS she? I really don't know.

But the fact remains that, rightly or wrongly, she is.

She's called a "national treasure" (lol), thousands of people try to emulate her style, her calendars are best sellers, she's the stuff of teenage boy's fantasies, her album sold massively despite being awful, she's consistently on the front pages of the tabloids and she is often named one of Britain's most influential women.
cher lloyd = old cheryl

i think everyone wants another cheryl cole. personally i cant stand her and her first performance was exactly the same as keri hilsons.

swagger jacker not jagger
Reply 30
Moving back to the UK next week, I didn't know who this woman is but thanks for the heads up on avoiding her music.
Reply 31
who is cher lloyd????
Reply 32
I wasn't aware she was famous let alone idolized...
national treasure?
uhm, sure...
...i don't idolise her, and i don't know ANYONE who does.
i dislike her music. absolute trash.
Certainly not on TSR...
In the words of Kanye West "We don't hate (her) because (she's) famous, (she's) famous because we hate (her)."
(edited 12 years ago)

Official stat: That song sounds better than SwaggerJagger
Original post by Fuzzy12345
In the words of Kanye West "We don't hate (her) because she's famous, (she's) famous because we hate (her)."

I'd say she is more famous because music execs thought "oooooo money" and that we hate her cause she is unnessecary
Not a national treasure lol
Lol @ drinks being chucked at her on T4 on the Beach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending