The Student Room Group

NHS Healthcare Assistant Interview

Hey i've applied for a healthcare assistant position at my hospital. I was wondering if anyone thats been through the process or has some information could inform me on what type of questions will be in the interview and the process afterward if successful. :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 1
Anybody know what type of questions will be asked in the interview for a HCA job
Reply 2
Depends on what kind of hospital/ward?

But some of it will be about how you get on with patients/service users, your experience, maybe something about changes to NHS provision. Why you want the job etc.
Reply 3
Depends on the type of hospital and ward really.

On mine there were questions regarding the people using the services e.g. if someone asked you do this (usually something against the regulations), what would you do? How does your experience and qualifications make you suitable for this post? Questions regarding the security of the ward.

Just read generally around the hospital, service users, statistics etc.

Good luck
Reply 4
Hey guys...

Can you tell me where to look for this sort of opportunities in part-time? I've looked nearly everywhere and haven't found a thing. : (
Reply 5
Original post by jmfc
Hey guys...

Can you tell me where to look for this sort of opportunities in part-time? I've looked nearly everywhere and haven't found a thing. : (

Same :frown:
Please quote me as well when you reply to "jmfc"
Hey everyone, I'm about to start being an Auxiliary nurse during my gap year this year, but I am also hoping to go university next year. Does anyone know if you can transfer between different NHS hospitals in different cities? I'd really like to work part-time as a student! Please help. Thank you.
Reply 7
Original post by christi4x
Same :frown:
Please quote me as well when you reply to "jmfc"

You have to do the health care assistant training first and the agency or company u do the training with will ask u if u want to work with them or not, then u will built it from their and work ur way up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending