The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alexjoh1
dear lord, the subjunctive at G.C.S.E.?! that's a shock. we weren't even introduced to the subjunctive until year 12!

Same here. I did do the pluperfect and conditional at GCSE though, which apparently aren't necessary either....
kellywood_5
Same here. I did do the pluperfect and conditional at GCSE though, which apparently aren't necessary either....

well the pluperfect IS pretty easy because its just the same as the perfect tense, except the auxiliary is in the imperfect.
Reply 22
kellywood_5

i think perhaps i missed quite a bit at GCSE! our teacher went on maternity leave and our sub wasn't too familiar i don't think with the course! i remember teaching myself the formation of conditional and future which wasn't a particularly successful venture!! good job they are formed similarly but with different endings! but as you say, it was a good job that not much importance was placed on them.
Reply 23
shivani singhal.. i think that the list you made is mostly the stuff that will be needed for AS.. so, thats gonna help me along :smile: thanx

Latest

Trending

Trending