The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

OMG !!! Happiest day of my LIFE !!! I have an OFFER FROM BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY !!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: that was definitely the scariest moment of my entire life !!!!!!!! soo happy ! any other firming BCU? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: x
Reply 3941
Original post by jennie.stollar
OMG !!! Happiest day of my LIFE !!! I have an OFFER FROM BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY !!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: that was definitely the scariest moment of my entire life !!!!!!!! soo happy ! any other firming BCU? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: x

well done :smile: I've already firmed BCU - looking forward to September now :smile: x
So I got a letter from student finance saying the tuition fee is £9000 and the maintenance is £3500 or something similar. They want me to sign this form asap.

Is this right? Once I apply for the bursary will they 'cancel' the £9000 bit so I won't have to repay it?

HELP! thanks :smile:
Finally got up the courage to firm Sheffield! eeeek so exciting!
Reply 3944
Original post by jennie.stollar

Great news!!! Well done x x x
Original post by Amalie98
Great news!!! Well done x x x

Thankyou !! :biggrin: soo so happy its unreal :biggrin: xxx
Just firmed Birmingham City University and insured De montfort :biggrin: wooo ! sooo exciting now ! :smile: any BCU firmers? x
Hi all,

Does anyone else have an interview for Essex on Tuesday 24th April?

Laura xx
Original post by rach339
Have you applied to go to London? We get a loan of £3,263 if studying in London or £2,324 elsewhere in the country. I haven't had a letter back from student finance yet (they still want confirmation of a bursary) so I can't confirm if they'll mention the tuition fee, but this doesn't sound entirely right to me! Give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, good luck! :smile: (You'll need it in my experience their customer service isn't the best! :tongue: )

I have firmed Manchester Met so I'm not sure how I managed to get £3500 maintenance- but that's without including parental income so no doubt it will go down.
The guy I spoke to was really lovely and helpful, he said my course wasn't on their system as NHS funded but to sign the forms and send them back, then when I get my bursary forms in the mail I should send them a letter with copies of the bursary attached so they can change the details.

I can imagine this will get very messy!!
what accommodation are people applying for at birmingham city uni? and is there any extra scholarships or anything we are entitled to? :smile: Ahh soooo excited :biggrin: xx
Original post by MadzieMoo
I have firmed Manchester Met so I'm not sure how I managed to get £3500 maintenance- but that's without including parental income so no doubt it will go down.
The guy I spoke to was really lovely and helpful, he said my course wasn't on their system as NHS funded but to sign the forms and send them back, then when I get my bursary forms in the mail I should send them a letter with copies of the bursary attached so they can change the details.

I can imagine this will get very messy!!

Noooo - he's lying. It is on their system as NHS funded (I had to speak to three different advisors before they confirmed this, though!). Your letter should say tuition fee: '0.00' and about 2,300ish. Did you tick that you're eligible for an NHS bursary and that it's income-assessed? I'd phone up again - as lovely as he may have been, he's wrong!

They also don't need copies of the bursary - read back a few threads, I think PhoenixFortune and Juliewho were talking about this. Good luck sorting it out! :smile:
Reply 3951
Original post by Lemons_on_wheels
Finally got up the courage to firm Sheffield! eeeek so exciting!

You decided against Manchester in the end then? How did you decide?
So gutted still not heard anything at all from BCU or DMU. Its the end of the month now where they said they'd make decisions by. Been counting down the days till end of the month and now its here. Not looking good. Gutted :frown:. On a positive note well done to those with good news x x
Original post by Lusanda
You decided against Manchester in the end then? How did you decide?

I went up for the open day earlier in March and although everything was lovely and everyone was so friendly, I just loved Sheffield so went with that in the end :tongue: The visit day at Manchester was really helpful though, so if you're having trouble deciding I'd definitely recommend going to the next one! :smile:
Reply 3954
Just firmed Leeds and insured MMU for the combined SLT and Psychology. Any other Leeds formers?
Reply 3955
Original post by Lemons_on_wheels
I went up for the open day earlier in March and although everything was lovely and everyone was so friendly, I just loved Sheffield so went with that in the end :tongue: The visit day at Manchester was really helpful though, so if you're having trouble deciding I'd definitely recommend going to the next one! :smile:

Great that you've decided where you're going! I've just emailed the lady at Manchester to say I'll be at the open day on the 25th April. I think I'll probably end up firming Sheffield too though the way things are looking!! Are you doing A Levels now? Good luck if you are, maybe see you in September!!
Reply 3956
Original post by pink_flamingo
So gutted still not heard anything at all from BCU or DMU. Its the end of the month now where they said they'd make decisions by. Been counting down the days till end of the month and now its here. Not looking good. Gutted :frown:. On a positive note well done to those with good news x x

I'm still waiting to hear from Leeds Met. Not had anything from them at all yet!

According to the UCAS website, if applications are received by 15th Jan (which mine was) then universities should 'aim' to have replied to all applicants by 31st March - tomorrow. So fingers crossed we'll hear soon!!!
Anyone got an offer from Sheffield for Speech and Language Therapy? :smile:
Reply 3958
Original post by pinkmonkey93
Anyone got an offer from Sheffield for Speech and Language Therapy? :smile:

I do! Will probably end up firming them, although still undecided. Will they be your firm?
Original post by Lusanda
I do! Will probably end up firming them, although still undecided. Will they be your firm?

Yeah, I'm considering making them my firm I liked the University :smile:. What other Uni's have you offers from?

Quick Reply

Latest