The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
Original post by Rhonaa
Oh that's good =) Yeah the training is hard to fit in, I've been volunteering since last July, but didn't actually finish all my training til March this year in the end up! Some of it (like roles, responsibilities and boundaries) is so dull! but I think it'll be so helpful for the course! Who's your coordinator? Everyone at CHSS is so nice, and it'll definitely look good on the CV when we graduate!
Yeah so much more serious, I think I'm going to get such a shock with the workload, I was only in 1 day a week for the last year of my degree!

If you have Facebook you should add me - Rhona Sangster, I'm friends with 2 others (Fi90 on here, and a girl from the info day) that'll be on the course =)

Hi again! I'm in the exact same position so pleased to be finished! You should add me on Facebook too =)

Hey add me on Facebook too if you want... Fiona Campbell, if you add Rhona then search her friend list I will be there :-) x
Reply 4301
Original post by Fi90
Hey add me on Facebook too if you want... Fiona Campbell, if you add Rhona then search her friend list I will be there :-) x

I will do cheers!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4302
Original post by rach339
Hi, you can wait for your uni to release your details and then the NHS bursary people will contact you with an application number, or (if you're impatient like me) you can apply online now.

https://myaccount.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Pages/Login.aspx

That's the link, I just filled out the form and then they sent me an e-mail requesting certain financial information and proof of identity. I send that off on thursday, special delivery, they got it on friday and today I got an email saying my application had been processed. Logged into my account and I've go a full breakdown of my payment schedule for the coming year!

I was pretty impressed at how quickly they've done it all! It's up to you though, looking on here I think most people are waiting :smile:

Ahh that's very helpful, thank you!
Reply 4303
I've firmed the single honours speech and language course at MMU but I don't have a clue what to do about the NHS fees and student finance and everything - anyone have any ideas? Thanks :smile: x
Reply 4304
Original post by rach339
Hi! You don't have to worry about fees or NHS bursary stuff yet as they'll contact you but if you want a student loan I would get onto them straight away:
http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680119&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Have fun with the form-filling! :smile:

Okie doke :smile: thanks! but I tried to do that a few days ago and it said I wouldn't be able to get any money off them, are we entitled to less because our fees are covered by the NHS?x
Original post by slt
Okie doke :smile: thanks! but I tried to do that a few days ago and it said I wouldn't be able to get any money off them, are we entitled to less because our fees are covered by the NHS?x

You'll get £2324 from student finance, you need to apply for non means tested and make sure that you tick the NHS bursary box. I think today is actually the deadline so if you're having problems ring them. You're definitely entitled to that, unless you have a degree already, i'm not sure how it works then.
Had two exams today, and now given up any hope of getting my grades for uni! :frown:
Reply 4307
Original post by laureneb10
Had two exams today, and now given up any hope of getting my grades for uni! :frown:

Don't give up hope, everyone feels that way after exams :smile:

Reply 4308
Original post by Fi90
Hey, i think you were my partner at the open day! That's good you're finished all your work for uni, I can't wait to start now either!

yeah im pretty sure you were my partner as well! i know so sad, too excited to move to glasgow, definitely going to be a step up in size from aberdeen, and from that open day the woman telling us that strathclyde has the biggest student union in the UK im looking forward to it!

Original post by Rhonaa

Hi again! I'm in the exact same position so pleased to be finished! You should add me on Facebook too =)

I added you and fiona on facebook, my profile pic is me in a pyramid of people on a beach (weird explanation but you'll see!)
Original post by juliewho
I don't have any other forms apart from those ones, so it must be. I don't know either, I also don't know if i'll be able to drive in two years time or where i'll be living over that summer,it seems a bit early to be asking this stuff! :redface:

Hi, did you fill out the forms? I still haven't sent mine in because I have no idea about placement or accommodation yet :s-smilie:
Original post by pinkmonkey93
Hi, did you fill out the forms? I still haven't sent mine in because I have no idea about placement or accommodation yet :s-smilie:

For Sheffield? Yeah, I sent my CRB and placement form in this week. I know the only two places i'll be living are Sheffield or Doncaster (which are literally a twenty minute train ride apart) so they share all the same accessible towns, so I just used one of the slots. Haven't done the health stuff yet though :frown:
Ooh, and on that note, recieved my NHS bursary application invitation! I'll get started on that tonight :smile:
Reply 4312
Original post by adam_t
yeah im pretty sure you were my partner as well! i know so sad, too excited to move to glasgow, definitely going to be a step up in size from aberdeen, and from that open day the woman telling us that strathclyde has the biggest student union in the UK im looking forward to it!

I added you and fiona on facebook, my profile pic is me in a pyramid of people on a beach (weird explanation but you'll see!)

Strathclyde Union is pretty amazing! It has like - I dunno, MANY floors =) I'm just about to make a wee Facebook group for us (all...6 of us or whatever!) so we all know each other !
Reply 4313
Original post by RMillar
Yay i'm glad theres other people on here going to Strathclyde! I'm very excited! No i just have a conditional as i've only just done my A levels. I'm from Northern Ireland...most people seem to be from Scotland already!
Had a mare with saas and didn't realise we had to actually apply for our fees to be paid (my school haven't told me anything other than Student Finance NI), but i phoned them up and i think it's all sorted now!
I applied for my bursary through saas and it is income assessed. I'm only getting a bursary of £104..doesn't even cover a weeks accomodation! That is completely different from the typical rates saas quote on the website..and my parents only have an average salary. The NHS website also says that we're entitled to a £1000 grant? Does anyone know anything about this?

Hope you got all your finance sorted out! I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm to apply for! I made a wee Facebook group for everyone going to Strathclyde, if you add me on Facebook I'll add you to the group =) Just search for Rhona Sangster (I should be the only one!)
Reply 4314
Original post by mgee2012
Oops sorry I see you've already called them haha!

Yeh they didn't really seem to know aboutthe £1000 grant which is strange? so i emailed them hoping that someone with more knowledge would recieve it!
I'm from Portstewart! Where abouts are you from?
Reply 4315
Original post by Rhonaa
Hope you got all your finance sorted out! I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm to apply for! I made a wee Facebook group for everyone going to Strathclyde, if you add me on Facebook I'll add you to the group =) Just search for Rhona Sangster (I should be the only one!)

Added you...or at least i hope it's you!
Reply 4316
Original post by RMillar
Yeh they didn't really seem to know aboutthe £1000 grant which is strange? so i emailed them hoping that someone with more knowledge would recieve it!
I'm from Portstewart! Where abouts are you from?

I'm an east coaster - from Whitehead, near Larne? I miss the sea when I'm in Glasgow! Hmm I'll have to look into the NHS stuff. It's all so confusing.

Reply 4317
Original post by RMillar
Added you...or at least i hope it's you!

It's me =) I've added you to the group too!
Reply 4318
Just attempting to fill in my NHS application. I can't access the part about the documents yet, does anyone know what stuff we have to send them? For example, proof of identity or anything like that? If so, what proof did you need to give? I don't really want to send my passport if I don't have to.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kwilliams29
me toooo! :smile:

So happy someone else is in the same boat! Have you applied for the bursary yet?

Quick Reply

Latest