Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

did i fail my gcse?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if i was to write some of it in pencil?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, you'll have to just wait and see.

Plus your invigilators should hand black pens to you if you don't have them :erm:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Unfortunately, you'll have to just wait and see.
    This.
    If it was scanned and sent you are running the risk of it not been picked up and therefore it will be unable to be read. But I don't think there is anything you can do but wait. I don't think there will be a certain answer until you get your results.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    They do tell you many times not to do it in pencil, don't they? How do you get to the end of your GCSEs before realising you've done all your exams in pencil? :facepalm2:
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how it scanned. The reason they ask you to write in black pen is because it scans best. You won't fail simply because you wrote in pencil, but if it doesn't scan well and the examiner can't read it, they're not going to go to great lengths to find out what your answer was, given that on the front of the exam paper it says in pretty bold letters that you are to write in black ink.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it was literature then no, because we still mark the physical script. But those that are now marked electronically do not show up pencil, so, yes, you will have failed.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 19, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.