The Student Room Group

Murdoch PAUSING/DELAY before answering a question

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
for board members-they seem to know pretty litte about their companies
Original post by 122025278
I'm beginning to feel bad for him and it's getting funny lol, he is way over the hill

He's walking a verbal minefield
I think it's fair enough he's pausing to consider what he says
Reply 22
Stop smacking the table murdoch! It hasn't done you any wrong lol.
Original post by jvasos
for board members-they seem to know pretty litte about their companies

I think this is true of most companies to be honest. Especially the large ones.
Reply 25
Original post by Flying Scotsman
I think this is true of most companies to be honest. Especially the large ones.

not when you know that you are about to go into one of the most important investigations of your life?!?! Most people would have been extensively debriefed at least to come across like you know the business!!
Original post by jvasos
not when you know that you are about to go into one of the most important investigations of your life?!?! Most people would have been extensively debriefed at least to come across like you know the business!!

I think the whole point is that they know nothing of what has gone on though! Playing the ignorance card on a lot of the smaller allegations.
Reply 27
Blue ties for honesty ay Murdoch's? :wink:
Reply 28
wilful blindness---great chat
Rupert using classic Mafia defense: looking frail, doddering, out of the loop, bathrobe-worthy, "What? Who is that?"
Reply 30
Original post by itsmyname
Rupert using classic Mafia defense: looking frail, doddering, out of the loop, bathrobe-worthy, "What? Who is that?"

so true.
Original post by Aj12
Then he should not be on the board simple.

Its his company though :K:
Reply 32
Original post by jakemittle
Its his company though :K:

But he has become complete out of touch. Its not just that he was unsure of what was going on at the News of the world. He seems to not have had a clue about what was going on in the UK.

The board should have forced him out if he can't keep his company in any kind of order and is so hands off that he is completely out of touch.
Reply 33
£600k and he knew nothing. Fair enough. Only proves even more that he has no clue what his employees get up to.
Original post by Redreynard
surely you rep the comment not the man.

its a mixture of both
Reply 35
Whilst he won't know as much about the intricacies of the company as his son, if he does know something it'll be the actual truth rather than the cover story so you're more likely to get the truth from him slipping than from James, who will have the cover story nailed. Makes sense to go for him :wink:

Even if he changes his statement afterwards on the advice of James, it'll give a potential opening for a new investigation.
Reply 36
Original post by Aj12
But he has become complete out of touch. Its not just that he was unsure of what was going on at the News of the world. He seems to not have had a clue about what was going on in the UK.

The board should have forced him out if he can't keep his company in any kind of order and is so hands off that he is completely out of touch.

or so he would let on. I think he def knows more than he's letting on
Reply 37
Original post by jvasos
or so he would let on. I think he def knows more than he's letting on

Well I have heard that the executives and lawyers who prepared him were very worried about how he handled questions, so I think he may well be completely useless.
Reply 38
Phillip Davies is doing an excellent job, first one so far to get his teeth in, he was like an attack dog going after James Murdoch. Tom Watson was like a damp squib surprisingly
He's 80 years old, give him a break. James is stuttering like an imbecile though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending