The Student Room Group

Got a place but not the one I want...

So Yesterday my Ucas changed and I got an uncoditional offer for the University I want to attend. I thought great! Well today I went on to track to take another look, yes the unconditional offer is still there but I notice the course code is different. They have changed the course they are offering me and put down a HND course instead... that's not what I applied for.

Does this mean that my University only has that place to offer? and shouldn't they have notified me that they were changing the course they were offering me?
Reply 1
I would give them a call to find out whats going on
Reply 2
I think you should have been allowed to reject or accept the offer, but maybe get ring UCAS/Uni to find out why this hasn't occurred.
Reply 3
What course is it? If its a HND in nursing or similar then its actually good news, since next year HND is being merged into the degree for nursing or similar due to new requirements. It also has lower entry requirements compared to the degree.
Reply 4
Original post by Xyls
What course is it? If its a HND in nursing or similar then its actually good news, since next year HND is being merged into the degree for nursing or similar due to new requirements. It also has lower entry requirements compared to the degree.

It's a HND in Business Studies, the HND is a 2 years course but you have the option to make it a Business Studies degree if you achieve a destinction at HND.

So by merging do you mean that the course will become one? and there will no longer be a HND course on offer?
Reply 5
For what I know about the nursing courses and health courses they are no longer offering a HND course and its all a degree now.

Maybe they have offered you a HND to see if you can cope with it and then you'll be able to transfer?
Reply 6
It sounds good tbh...but yeah you should ring them to check what's going on anyway, i'm sure they shouldn't just change your course without notifying you :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending