The Student Room Group

Hoping to study MComp at Bath however...

Hi guys , it has always been my dream to study a masters degree in computer science. I have recently finished my GCSE's and I am going onto college to study the following:

Alevel Computing
Alevel Chemistry
Alevel (Use of) Maths
Alevel Biology

I am really concerned though because I totally screwed up my maths exam and even though I passed it wasn't enbough to get a B which I need to study 'Mathematics' or 'Physics' and I was wanderinf if because I am taking (Use of) Maths will that be okay as the university of Bath states it requires Maths at Alevel to take a MComp ??

Please help guys ... Should I contact the college or if I get high enough grades should this be okay?

Thankyou !!
Reply 1
I would avoid Use of Maths, everything I know about it suggests that it won't be allowed instead of Maths for most courses where it's needed.

What you could do is take 3 ASes and learn Maths with a tutor or something. Maybe if you get an A/B in C1 in January your college will let you continue, if not then if you get an A/B at AS in June you should definitely be able to continue and your college would be stupid not to let you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending