The Student Room Group

Industry

Hey,

I'm a 1st yr pharmacy student, loving the course :biggrin: , although pharmacy practice is irritating :mad: !! Anyhow...how difficult is it to get into industry? I used to have a saturday job in a community pharmacy - hated it with a passion.

I've heard that you need a 1st and there are only 6 pre-reg places in industry a year :eek: . Is this true?

Ooooh...and how much more likely are you going to be acceptd by Boots for pre-reg, if you have a summer placement with them (I've got one :rolleyes: ).

Thank you

J
I heard that pharmacy isn't the right degree for industry, but some do get in with pharmacy.........
gordon2002
I heard that pharmacy isn't the right degree for industry

Well obviously there is space for pharmacists in industry if they offer pre-reg places in it and pharmacists actually work in it.

I think your best bet Jazzy is to talk to your lecturers that work in industry/have worked in industry/have links to industry. There's also summer placements available in industry, although I think they might just be for third years.

And yeah there are only a ridiculously small amount of pre-reg places available.

Boots say they guarantee you an interview for pre-reg if you do a third year placement with them.
Reply 3
-Emmz-
Well obviously there is space for pharmacists in industry if they offer pre-reg places in it and pharmacists actually work in it.

I think your best bet Jazzy is to talk to your lecturers that work in industry/have worked in industry/have links to industry. There's also summer placements available in industry, although I think they might just be for third years.

And yeah there are only a ridiculously small amount of pre-reg places available.

Boots say they guarantee you an interview for pre-reg if you do a third year placement with them.

Thank you so much :biggrin: :biggrin: . I'll definately have to talk to the lecturers.

Gordon, I'm doing pharmacy because it keeps my options open. Not just because I want to go into industry. Who knows, in a few years time I could be working in a small community chemist :eek:
Jazzy05
I've heard that you need a 1st and there are only 6 pre-reg places in industry a year :eek: . Is this true?

4, 6, 8 - something like that. Pfizer do most of them IIRC - and it's a mixed placement (6 months in the industrial setting and 6 months in hospital usually).

Jazzy05
Ooooh...and how much more likely are you going to be acceptd by Boots for pre-reg, if you have a summer placement with them (I've got one :rolleyes: ).

LOL, you don't really want to work for Boots do you? :laugh:
Reply 5
Kingspharm
4, 6, 8 - something like that. Pfizer do most of them IIRC - and it's a mixed placement (6 months in the industrial setting and 6 months in hospital usually).

LOL, you don't really want to work for Boots do you? :laugh:

Okay, that's not a lot of places.

What's wrong with boots? Please tell me - I'm still 1st year and don't know much. :biggrin:
J

Latest

Trending

Trending