The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leodis hall students 2011/2012

Heyy everyone!

Are you gona live in Leodis this September 2011??

Lets all get to get to know each other here before we go:smile:

INTRODUCE YOURSELVES AND YOUR ROOMS!:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got an offer for Leodis block C7.11 :smile: :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
great!:biggrin: r u an undergraduate or postgraduate?
Reply 3
I'm in D1.23, anyone else in that flat let me know :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by dni2011
great!:biggrin: r u an undergraduate or postgraduate?

Undergraduate. :biggrin:

I swear i must be on like the top floor. lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Lovin
Undergraduate. :biggrin:

I swear i must be on like the top floor. lol.

lool yeah i think the 7th floor is the highest:P are there any elevators?:P
Reply 6
Original post by dni2011
lool yeah i think the 7th floor is the highest:P are there any elevators?:P

Well i hope so :smile: lol omg all those stairs.....
Reply 7
Dni what block are you in?
Reply 8
got the offer todayy as well, leodis C5.11 !
Reply 9
Original post by modeh1
got the offer todayy as well, leodis C5.11 !

I'm in Block C. :smile: :smile:
Accomoffice just told me that i'll be sharing the top floor with another girl and two guys. Which is absoloutely perfect. :smile: Not that your on the top floor Modeh, just thought id share :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Lovin
Dni what block are you in?

Im in block H :biggrin:
Hiya, I'm gonna be a subwarden there this year, no idea where I'm staying yet lol; I'm going with the theory that all the subwardens get a 5 star penthouse suite to themselves, complete with jacuzzi
Reply 12
Original post by dni2011
Im in block H :biggrin:

That's awesome. went for the accomodation open day but have no idea how far the blocks are from one another. Might see you around :biggrin: When are you moving up there?

Original post by Nooptheloop
Hiya, I'm gonna be a subwarden there this year, no idea where I'm staying yet lol; I'm going with the theory that all the subwardens get a 5 star penthouse suite to themselves, complete with jacuzzi

That would be such an awesome perk if you did lol. Definately something to get students into being a subwarden.
You get paid for being a subwarden too dont you? I think I remember one of the students saying that when I went for the accomodation open day. But you have to be on call for one weekend of every month I believe. Although she was a subwarden for Clarence Dock, so I dont know if it's different for all the residences.
But nice to meet you :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Lovin
That's awesome. went for the accomodation open day but have no idea how far the blocks are from one another. Might see you around :biggrin: When are you moving up there?

on the 15th i think :smile: u?
Reply 14
[QUOTE="dni2011;33142669"]
Original post by Lovin

on the 15th i think :smile: u?

Yeh I was thinking the same because then you have the weekend before everything starts to relax and meet the people around. Can't believe i'm on the top floor though. I dunno if that's a good thing or not lol.
A lot of people from my course are thinking about moving up there on the 15th too. I have a funny feeling that weekend is gunna be so busy. But so much fun too. :biggrin:
Counting down the days now. :smile:
Original post by Lovin

You get paid for being a subwarden too dont you?

Yup we get half price accomodation so it's well worth it, plus we get to boss people about in the manner of Chuck Norris; I'm getting my badass practice in over summer :colone:

Ah. Sadly not. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Yup we get half price accomodation so it's well worth it, plus we get to boss people about in the manner of Chuck Norris; I'm getting my badass practice in over summer :colone:

Chuck Norris style aye? What do you actually have to do as a subwarden?

Original post by accomoffice
Ah. Sadly not. :rolleyes:

Shame that woulda been a hell of a perk :biggrin: ha ha ha.
Original post by Lovin
What do you actually have to do as a subwarden?

I'm hoping to figure that out once I start :biggrin: it's generally just helping out with problems getting settled in, repairs, noise, lost keys etc, there are gonna be quite a few of us wandering around
Reply 19
I started a new thread about flat finders. I found this on facebook and thought the rest of you might be interested.

Here's the link to the thread.

Flat Mate Finders Thread

For all those who want to find out who they're lving with. The thread has links to each accomodation. So just clck on it and it'll take you to facebook where you can post your flat number. And break the ice hopefully with potential flat mates :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest