Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fake Dr Matens?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bought a pair of 'authentic' Dr Martens on ebay the other day for about £10. Automatically assumed they were fake cause of the price, but I don't mind paying for a fake if it's that cheap.

Received them today and checked for any signs that they were fake but couldn't find any.

- Brand name spelt correctly
    - Yellow stitching
    - Air cushioned soles
    - Tag with air wear

They were made in Thailand, which apparently is normal for authentic Dr Martens as long as they have the name embedded on the side of the boot, which they do.

Are there any other signs I should look for to tell if they're fake? Or is there a chance they're actually authentic? Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Omg....where'd u get itt!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    Omg....where'd u get itt!!!!
    Just an ebay seller, they didn't have a lot in their shop or anything so I think I was just lucky
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh! I love dr martens, but they looked pretty stubby and weird on me because i dont have long legs, they look better on tall slim girls, well girls with atleast slim legs! ..curse my thighs >.<
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    Woahhh! I love dr martens, but they looked pretty stubby and weird on me because i dont have long legs, they look better on tall slim girls, well girls with atleast slim legs! ..curse my thighs >.<
    Ahh no I'm pretty small and dumpy haha, so I guess they look sorta odd on me, all my friends call them my dyke boots :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try here. If they are genuine then I am very jealous!

I'm short and stumpy too, but I still wear Doc Martens.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    Try here. If they are genuine then I am very jealous!

I'm short and stumpy too, but I still wear Doc Martens.
    Thanks checked that list just now, if I go by that then they're genuine
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got hold of a pair of the longer ones for £20 and they're genuine, so I don't see why yours won't be. Well done on your find!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you got a pair that fell out of the factory. Pretty standard practise in the far east for the factory workers to nick a few of the things they make and sell them on at rock bottom prices. They're not so alienated from the fruits of their labour.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in need of help, I got my daughter some Dr martens from eBay not sure if they are genuine!
    Payed £45 they don't have yellow stitching or air wear tag at the back of the boot but says original on soles, in print on the side saying air wair on material.
    On the tongue says dr martens Denise made in Thailand not sure if this is normal for dms iv never had a pair myself!
    My daugher upload pictures on her instagram and straight away a couple of comments were made saying they are fake!! I removed picture to she didn't get user by it
    I've been busy researching
    but I'm finding it quite hrd a lot of DMS seem to have the Black air waitag and very often yellow stitching.
    please help :confused:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarapon)

(Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
    i was looked for some dr martens on ebay because i want some but they are all going for too much for me. how did you get them for such a good price. when looking on ebay did you just search dr martens and then bid on some ending soon ?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 5, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.