The Student Room Group

Who would you like to see at a Freshers' Fair?

Scroll to see replies

So now we have an idea of the rockstar cast you'd like to see - which providers should we invite? Our Freshers' Helpers came up with this list:

University Clubs and Societies
Local Health Services
Student Insurance
Discount companies
Banks
Gyms
Travel
Local restaurants
Hairdressers
Magazine Publishers
Book Publishers
Book Shops
Estate Agents
Charities with Volunteering Opportunities
Student Mobile Phone Companies
Law & Business Networking Groups
Graduate Recruiters
Local Sports Organisations
Clothes Shops
Internal BPP Departments: Careers, Pro Bono, Library Services, IT, Finance, Accommodation, International Student Support, Student Records, Alumni
BPP Welcome Party Ticket Sellers

Thanks for all of your suggestions!
Reply 21
Musicwise I'd like to see Chase and Status, Pendulum, Hadouken, The Prodigy, Faithless, Katy B, Professor Green, Example, NERO, Magnetic Man etc. I'm sure there are a lot more I'd like to have on the freshers week, but these came straight from the top of my head.
Tinie Tempa please

To be honest,I think students appreciate anything thats free,so any kind of freebies would be kool.:biggrin:
I'd like to see drunk midgets. But this is what I'd like to see all the time, not just at a freshers' fair.
Original post by MJay91
Musicwise I'd like to see Chase and Status, Pendulum, Hadouken, The Prodigy, Faithless, Katy B, Professor Green, Example, NERO, Magnetic Man etc. I'm sure there are a lot more I'd like to have on the freshers week, but these came straight from the top of my head.

Basically just matched my exact taste in music there aha :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Original post by liamcol123
Basically just matched my exact taste in music there aha :rolleyes:

Haha which uni you going to?
Original post by MJay91
Haha which uni you going to?

Going to go to Anglia Ruskin in September (If I get in), what about you?
Reply 27
Original post by liamcol123
Going to go to Anglia Ruskin in September (If I get in), what about you?

Northumbria. Fingers crossed, you must get accepted with such an awesome taste in music! :biggrin:
Original post by MJay91
Northumbria. Fingers crossed, you must get accepted with such an awesome taste in music! :biggrin:

Hahahaaa, yeah, I hear music tastes are very important when studying psychology, I'll make sure to include that when I beg them to let me in on results day :wink:

Good luck!
Reply 29
Probably loads of discounts and vouchers for restaurants/take aways, we probably ordered more food than we cooked last year!
Maddie mccan
Stephen Fry
Reply 32
wills mum from the inbetweeners.
Reply 33
Free

BOOZE
Reply 34
Baddiel & Skinner
Reply 35
SAMUEL JACKSON MOTHER****ER
I won didn't I :awesome:
Sasha Grey.
Reply 37
My uni is going to have Chase and Status and Pendulum for freshers. Couldn't be happier. :biggrin:
Reply 38
In all serious for freshers I would like to see at one of the fairs financial planners to help prospective students ease into university as it'll be their first time living alone for most. A lot of early mistakes are made before Christmas that are so much harder to rectify down the line. Sound financial guidance and I must stress it is -Independant- as well not hawking bank accounts/credit cards/loans. This theoretically should be arrangeable with the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Along the lines of 'first time living alone' chef demonstrations of quick and easy student meals (possibly tie in with supermarket/cook book here?) would be immensely helpful as I've seen multiple threads on here talking about cooking and complaining about housemates cooking.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest