The Student Room Group

Crashing Higher German, tips?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth..
Thanks, well done on your results too :smile: so glad fifth year is over :biggrin:

I know! :biggrin: VERY glad!
Original post by paramore28
Wow medicine! Hahaha, I think you'd have a good shot at Oxbridge with your grades! :P I was at the St Andrews Sutton Trust Summer School and everyone that I know that did medicine there loved it haha :smile: I want to do French and either Spanish, German or Russian (I'm indecisive haha) at Glasgow or Edinburgh, but my grades are near the lower end of the entry requirements so I'm really hoping for a conditional haha!

It would be amazing if I was in classes with people from TSR, we wouldn't need to get through the whole getting to know you stage haha! We should all meet at the open days if we're going to the same dates :smile:
Original post by matthewjsinclair
I'm going to Aberdeen on the 30th! Are you? Yeah I'm jotting down a few ideas :smile:

I do music a lot and my other extracurriculars are things like squash, swimming, running (though I've not done as much of that last year with my subjects). I'm doing my Duke of Edinburgh through scouts where I'm a leader and in school I'm deputy head boy, so this year is going to be a busy one!

Congrats on swimming!

Nope sadly not I could have but decided I wanted a challenge this year so opted for German! How did you find French?

Yeah I'm going on the 30th :smile: We have to meet! I'd love to meet a TSR person in real life! :biggrin:

Haha I could not have done Duke of Edinburgh with all the hiking and camping (not my thing!), but my brother does it. Congrats on depute head boy! :smile:

I found French very easy but I'm pretty enthusiastic about it so... :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
It would be amazing if I was in classes with people from TSR, we wouldn't need to get through the whole getting to know you stage haha! We should all meet at the open days if we're going to the same dates :smile:

That'd be pretty cool haha! And we should :smile: I'm going to Edinburgh on September 5th and Glasgow on the 7th. What about you?
That'd be pretty cool haha! And we should :smile: I'm going to Edinburgh on September 5th and Glasgow on the 7th. What about you?

SAME! :biggrin:
what course are you applying for there?
Reply 45
SAME! :biggrin:
what course are you applying for there?

Think I'm going to apply for French & German! What about you? :smile:

Wow medicine! Hahaha, I think you'd have a good shot at Oxbridge with your grades! :P I was at the St Andrews Sutton Trust Summer School and everyone that I know that did medicine there loved it haha :smile: I want to do French and either Spanish, German or Russian (I'm indecisive haha) at Glasgow or Edinburgh, but my grades are near the lower end of the entry requirements so I'm really hoping for a conditional haha!

Ah! How was summer school? I would have done something like that but was all over the place with Duke of Edinburgh, summer holidays and T in the Park!

And I don't know about Oxbridge, it's so competitive! You have to sit a special exam and will probably get a condition for AAA at Advanced Higher! So we'll see if I can manage anything near that!! :P

I'm sure you'll get your offers! :smile: which is your preferred uni out of Edinburgh and Glasgow?

That'd be so good! Save us all the hassle and mean we had some friends when we got there! :P

Yeah I'm going on the 30th :smile: We have to meet! I'd love to meet a TSR person in real life! :biggrin:

Haha I could not have done Duke of Edinburgh with all the hiking and camping (not my thing!), but my brother does it. Congrats on depute head boy! :smile:

I found French very easy but I'm pretty enthusiastic about it so... :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: what are you going to see at Aberdeen? I've been trying to make a timetable for myself but everything clashes! Oh well :biggrin: I'll just try and fit in as much as possible!

Oh haha my family is big on hiking/camping/cycling all the outdoors things! And thank you, I'm so excited about getting the job!

Aberdeen - 30th, Dundee - 31st, Glasgow - 7th September and St Andrews on 15th October! Those are the Scottish open days I'm headed to! :biggrin:
I was at the St Andrews Sutton Trust Summer School and everyone that I know that did medicine there loved it haha :smile:

I did that :biggrin: Not this year though.
dont mention ze war, ja?
Original post by AwsomePossum

Original post by AwsomePossum
dont mention ze war, ja?

Ja, genau :P
Reply 51
Original post by matthewjsinclair
Ah! How was summer school? I would have done something like that but was all over the place with Duke of Edinburgh, summer holidays and T in the Park!

And I don't know about Oxbridge, it's so competitive! You have to sit a special exam and will probably get a condition for AAA at Advanced Higher! So we'll see if I can manage anything near that!! :P

I'm sure you'll get your offers! :smile: which is your preferred uni out of Edinburgh and Glasgow?

It was amazing, probably the most fun I've had all year haha! :P
AAA at Advanced Higher?! Good luck haha! But after seeing your 5th year grades I'm sure you'll manage it :P
I think my preferred uni would be Glasgow, although I don't think my parents are too keen as although I'll be staying in halls if I go to either of them I'll be really far away from home if I go to Glasgow.
Reply 52
Seems a few of us are going to the Glasgow Open Day, anyone fancying meeting up? hahaha :P
AAA at Advanced Higher?! Good luck haha! But after seeing your 5th year grades I'm sure you'll manage it :P
I think my preferred uni would be Glasgow, although I don't think my parents are too keen as although I'll be staying in halls if I go to either of them I'll be really far away from home if I go to Glasgow.

Shocking that you went to Sutton Trust and St As isn't even your preferred uni :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by Ecosse_14
Shocking that you went to Sutton Trust and St As isn't even your preferred uni :frown:

I would love to go to St Andrews but my grades aren't good enough :frown:
I would love to go to St Andrews but my grades aren't good enough :frown:

What grades did you get?
If you email Mike (if he's still the guy in charge) after you've applied to St Andrews, he could speak to the admissions officer for your subject and tell them how awesome you are :wink:
Reply 56
Original post by Ecosse_14
What grades did you get?
If you email Mike (if he's still the guy in charge) after you've applied to St Andrews, he could speak to the admissions officer for your subject and tell them how awesome you are :wink:

ABBBC, i've phoned up and they've said it's very unlikely i'd get an offer but Mike's sending out pre-application forms to the ones who went to Sutton Trust to tell us our chances of getting in. But I might try that haha :P
Think I'm going to apply for French & German! What about you? :smile:

French and either German or Spanish I think :smile: That will be so awesome if we're in the same classes! :biggrin:
That'd be so good! Save us all the hassle and mean we had some friends when we got there! :P

Yeah exactly what I was thinking!

Thank you :smile: what are you going to see at Aberdeen? I've been trying to make a timetable for myself but everything clashes! Oh well :biggrin: I'll just try and fit in as much as possible!

UCAS 9.00-9.20 New Kings (NK1)
Library Tour 10 Queen Mother LIbrary
Student Life/Students' Association 11.00-11.20 New Kings (NK6)
Modern Languages 11.45-12.05 King’s College (KCG8)
Study Abroad or Language & Linguistics 12.45-13.05 King’s College (KCG6) or New Kings (NK10)
Literature in a World Context 13.15-13.35 New Kings (NK1)
Finance Scotland & EU (SAAS) 13.45-14.05 King’s College (KCCC)
Tour of Sports Village 14.45-15.45 Elphinstone Hall

that's my timetable atm haha! I'm sure I'll find you at some point :smile:
Seems a few of us are going to the Glasgow Open Day, anyone fancying meeting up? hahaha :P

yeah definitely! :biggrin:

I went to the open day that just passed in June, so wasn't planning on going to the upcoming one. But I'd go purely for a ScotQuals meet up. :biggrin:

Haha well maybe, what are you aiming for in Sixth Year?

Definitely!

French and either German or Spanish I think :smile: That will be so awesome if we're in the same classes! :biggrin:

Yeah exactly what I was thinking!

UCAS 9.00-9.20 New Kings (NK1)
Library Tour 10 Queen Mother LIbrary
Student Life/Students' Association 11.00-11.20 New Kings (NK6)
Modern Languages 11.45-12.05 King’s College (KCG8)
Study Abroad or Language & Linguistics 12.45-13.05 King’s College (KCG6) or New Kings (NK10)
Literature in a World Context 13.15-13.35 New Kings (NK1)
Finance Scotland & EU (SAAS) 13.45-14.05 King’s College (KCCC)
Tour of Sports Village 14.45-15.45 Elphinstone Hall

that's my timetable atm haha! I'm sure I'll find you at some point :smile:

yeah definitely! :biggrin:

I know, I bet we will bump into each other! I'll just go around asking random strangers if they are on TSR :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending