The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful application!

Hi!

I applied 5 uni's in January with my college and got all my offers back but they weren't successful so I was advised to use Extra. I used to Extra in March and applied to do a foundation degree of Health and Social Care. I've heard nothing till now and I was told it was unsucessful as it was a late application.
However, I was doing the Access course and my teacher who was the head of the foundation degree of the course said it wouldn't be a problem even if I had used the Extra or Clearing. I tried to e-mail her today but she's out of office till next month.

I'm a bit worried. My teacher saif I would get on the degree but now I got an e-mail saying it's unsuccessful.

Is there anything I can do? Should i apply it again using Clearing? I've e-mailed the college to see if they can help..

Thanks
Sorry to hear that.

You have two choices; take a gap year or lower your standards and try for clearing.

Best of luck.
Reply 2
Original post by obstupefacere
Sorry to hear that.

You have two choices; take a gap year or lower your standards and try for clearing.

Best of luck.

Can I re-apply for the same course?
I have e-mailed my teacher and the admission office because my teacher told me that there isn't a dealine for that course.
Original post by Sindyk
Can I re-apply for the same course?
I have e-mailed my teacher and the admission office because my teacher told me that there isn't a dealine for that course.

Next year, yes. In Clearing, you can but it's probably not worth it.
Reply 4
Original post by TheSownRose
Next year, yes. In Clearing, you can but it's probably not worth it.

How come its not worth it?
Original post by Sindyk

Original post by Sindyk

If they gave out rejections, they're probably full and won't have entered clearing (for that course).
Original post by Sindyk

Because they've already rejected you, therefore (unless you have new information to add to your application, like new grades) they'll reject you again.
Reply 7
Original post by jameswhughes
If they gave out rejections, they're probably full and won't have entered clearing (for that course).

Hmm on ucas it says that the course is accepting people who uses Extra (which was me). I checked my ucas track and it said it was unsuccessful because it was late.
Reply 8
Original post by TheSownRose
Because they've already rejected you, therefore (unless you have new information to add to your application, like new grades) they'll reject you again.

Well I passed my access course this year with a pass and my teacher (head of foundation course) said it wouldn't be a problem for me to do her course.
Reply 9
it shouldnt matter if its late if they have places available in extra when you applied. try ring up the uni and say you would like some feedback on why you were unsuccessful and if they say it was late explain to them that you applied when extra was open and they had vacancies available
Original post by Sindyk
Well I passed my access course this year with a pass and my teacher (head of foundation course) said it wouldn't be a problem for me to do her course.

Nothing is certain until it's on UCAS, so it may be that you didn't compare favourably with other applicants and they have decided to reject you.
Original post by Sindyk
Hmm on ucas it says that the course is accepting people who uses Extra (which was me). I checked my ucas track and it said it was unsuccessful because it was late.

Ah - some unis do not update UCAS Extra quickly/at all- it is actually an opt-out program where courses will say they are accepting people who use Extra but you can't know for certain until you ring them.
Reply 12
Original post by a112
it shouldnt matter if its late if they have places available in extra when you applied. try ring up the uni and say you would like some feedback on why you were unsuccessful and if they say it was late explain to them that you applied when extra was open and they had vacancies available

Right, I'll do that tomorrow! Thanks for advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending