The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Has anyone applied for halls in brighton?

Have you heard anything or got any offers yet?
Reply 1
I checked on the accomodation website and they have set my status to allocated, but it says i'm not guaranteed a place. Think we find out end of August?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by window136
I'm in the same position.

No offer been made to me but my application says "ALLOCATED"

Hmm I guess we will be contacted soon!

Mine says that aswell. Hopefully can only mean something good!
Reply 3
I Spoke to them today, when it says allocated it means you got a place! I got my first choice :biggrin: Phone them on monday to find out where you got..
Reply 4
Original post by ollie01
I Spoke to them today, when it says allocated it means you got a place! I got my first choice :biggrin: Phone them on monday to find out where you got..

Oh great! Weight off my mind! I will do that then! Well done btw. What halls did you get? im hoping for phoenix.
Reply 5
Falmer - Paddock Field.. was so happy :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by ollie01
Falmer - Paddock Field.. was so happy :biggrin: good luck!

Thanks :smile:. Oh well done! I think i put them as my second choice.
Reply 7
Original post by ollie01
I checked on the accomodation website and they have set my status to allocated, but it says i'm not guaranteed a place. Think we find out end of August?

From what others have said and what ive read in the book/on the website Allocated basically means the university have reserved a room in halls for you but if there is some sort of circumstances (tornado/the room disappears) they can at any time tell you that you no longer have a room.

:smile:

Allocated = You have a room.

P.S. I am allocated, no idea where yet checking monday :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Knighted
From what others have said and what ive read in the book/on the website Allocated basically means the university have reserved a room in halls for you but if there is some sort of circumstances (tornado/the room disappears) they can at any time tell you that you no longer have a room.

:smile:

Allocated = You have a room.

P.S. I am allocated, no idea where yet checking monday :smile:

Yeah I phoned up and I got Paddock Fields :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by ollie01
Yeah I phoned up and I got Paddock Fields :biggrin:

Do you phone up the accommodation office? Not sure if I want to know where I got haha but I'm pleased that I've been allocated :biggrin: yayyyy
Reply 10
Yeah Accommodation office, what was you're first choice?
Reply 11
My first choice was also Paddock Fields :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by window136
I'm in the same position.

No offer been made to me but my application says "ALLOCATED"

Hmm I guess we will be contacted soon!

Where can you check your allocation?
Reply 13
phoenix brewery :smile:
Reply 14
I got phoenix too! My first choice :wink:
I called them today they told me I got a place in falmer halls :biggrin:
Reply 16
i'll be in varley halls, framfield close - not my first choice, but hey! I am so excited!!
Reply 17
Original post by volcanic
i'll be in varley halls, framfield close - not my first choice, but hey! I am so excited!!

Varley is by far the best halls in brighton (I lived there in 08/09), You will love it. Best year of my life. Its a propper community.

Pheonix halls is the worst, as it is in a residential area they have massive noise restrictions, and parties get shut down pretty much instantly. Nowhere near the community vibe that varley and falmer has. Pheonix was my first choice but really glad that that I didnt end up there.

Paddock fields (Falmer) are a close second to varley, waaaay too far away from town (7km), getting buses every time you want to go to the shops is a bitch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending