The Student Room Group

Kidulthood and Adulthood

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DanLorenzo
I'm kidding with you. It's actually "Ow my thighs!"

Really? lol, I can't even check because I'm not in the country but anyway whatever it is, it's funny.
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Show me the titties before I merk your man!

haha God I love Kidulthood, whole thing is filmed around my old school/where I grew up. It's ridiculous, not at all representative of.. anything! Although I understand like everything they say. :rofl:

Bahaha that bit is hilarious!
Original post by kingkev
Really? lol, I can't even check because I'm not in the country but anyway whatever it is, it's funny.

Haha. Your so gullible :P its actually oi mysize. I've probably confused the **** out of you now
Reply 43
Original post by Suetonius
Saw Kidulthood a few years ago. I hated it.

Why blud?
Really like them both, Kidulthood was much better though.
Reply 45
The first one is utter class.
Reply 46
Brilliant documentaries, very informative about everyday life in East and South London.

Init doe.
YOUUUUU
The Gun and Baseball bat stand off in adulthood is potentially the most ridiculous scene in a movie ever.
Noel Clarke's character is looking at him as if to say, you pull that trigger I'ma shoot you with this bat :K:
Reply 49
Reply 50
Aint it ironic though, black cab don't take black man.

The way the characters speak and interact; the dialogue etc, is all on the money. To some extent it's representative, but there are unlikely elements such as kicking off in central London. The plot might not be great but it is pretty clear. Adulthood felt more like it was straying into soap opera levels of dramatisation.
Reply 51
I really liked both films, liked the first one more.

I think the characters' behaviours and reactions to situations are quite real, though the plot is very, very dramatised. It does make good entertainment though.
Original post by Tricky_Tree
YOUUUUU

Naaaah YOU bruv! :lol:
Reply 53
Both good, Kidulthood better though IMO.

Buttttt, Anuvahood was simply AWFUL!! Turned it off after half an hour, literally one of the worst films I've ever seen!!

'Cos Fruitella's are badman sweets! That did make me laugh though...
Reply 54
Original post by B-Man.
Why blud?

Just boring. Watching some crazed doped-up teenagers wonder around town, getting involved with gangsters etc. is hardly my idea of entertainment. Especially when the acting is equally as poor as the storyline.
Reply 55
Original post by kingkev
I've got to say Adam Deacon (Jay) plays a blinder in both films.

Oi myside, myside. :rofl: :rofl2:

Edit: Okay it's something totally different. :colondollar:

Haha it's 'my size' :smile: this is so cute
Reply 56
Original post by Hipster
Brilliant documentaries, very informative about everyday life in East and South London.

Init doe.

Actually both are filmed mainly around ladbroke grove... in WEST London.
Anuvahood is a parody of Kidulthood/Adulthood...That's why it's stupid but it's funny as i can relate to it and all..and i don't need subtitles as im London boy!
Reply 58
Kidulthood isn't based on south/east London, it's based on Lisson Grove, a part of the borough of Westminister, surpirsingly. Although the characters are equally reminisenct of North London.
Both films are **** tbh

Quick Reply

Latest