The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FireDeuce
I'm not overweight by any stretch of the imagination, but I hate not dieting. I hate not being in control I guess?
And a food diary is a very good idea *thumbs up*
My target weight is 7 stone 10. So thats like 3lbs haha. but itll take about a year for that to come off. Urgh.

Surely that means youre 7st 13. Which is well teeny (unless youre really short?) and so you probably well skinny anyway and don't need to lose an ounce so I wouldnt worry about another 3lbs. God how I'd love to be 7st 13 again! Damn Uni and alcohol. I always like 7st 12 though (110lbs - such a nice round number!)

Back to the actual thread, I'm on a no alcohol, no sugar (other than fruit sugars), low carb, low fat diet!

x x x x
i find alcohol to be the worst diet-ruiner ever.
Im going to stop tracking my diet as precisely as I have been (I would write down cals,p,c,f) since I think I may tend to eat less if I dont record it. When writing it down and knowing exactly what ive eaten, I think I would see the limit as a target, and also end up going over it. If im "eating blind" i might be more cautious and overestimate what ive eaten I hope
~~hannah~~
Back to the actual thread, I'm on a no alcohol, no sugar (other than fruit sugars), low carb, low fat diet!

I bet your meal times are a barrel of fun!! :biggrin:

I admire you for having that kind of self-restraint, but surely you've got to indulge yourself occasionaly... :confused:
I'm on the see food and eat it diet. Best sort of diet, methinks.
r0manticide17
I'm on the see food and eat it diet. Best sort of diet, methinks.

That was funny the first 3 times :biggrin:

Although you can't fault the logic... as long as everything you see is relatively healthy!
im attempting to also eat 50% veg/fruit 25% carbs and 25% lean protein.
jeff2233
That was funny the first 3 times :biggrin:

Although you can't fault the logic... as long as everything you see is relatively healthy!

Its already been said? I ought to read through the posts next time. I'll eat what i see fit, but i go to the gym a few times a week. However, Saturday nights are a killer for ruining diets, damn you beer!
r0manticide17
Its already been said? I ought to read through the posts next time. I'll eat what i see fit, but i go to the gym a few times a week. However, Saturday nights are a killer for ruining diets, damn you beer!

Beer gets too much bad press... it's the pint glass that deserves the abuse!
jeff2233
I bet your meal times are a barrel of fun!! :biggrin:

I admire you for having that kind of self-restraint, but surely you've got to indulge yourself occasionaly... :confused:

Oh its not for very long, I tend to eat low carb low fat anyway.

As for the no alcohol (thats gonna stop in a week when I'm back at uni - though I'll try not to drink highly calorific stuff) and as for the sugary stuff (I'll have a bit of chocolate now and then once I've lost some weight)

but I don't feel like I'm missing out right now. I know I don't have to do it for long as when I'm at uni I do way more exercise (I row) and so can eat more. and I don't need to lose too much weight, I weigh 8.5st now (I'm 5ft 5)

x x x x
Reply 50
jeff2233
#If you like constipation, and having rank smelling breath...# (To the tune of The Pina Colada song)

Maybe I do like it, how do you know i dont?
Chickadee
Maybe I do like it, how do you know i dont?

I would never assume that you don't like either of those things. Just thought it was an appropriate moment for a little song...
i've done quite a few diets:
-Liquid Diet (only liquid)
-Calorie Diet (a certain amount of calories a day)
-Snack Diet (no main meals just snack)

and a bunch of others. But you should just exercise and eat healthy...the calorie made me lose like 3 pounds in a week. but its easy to gain back.
aNgLoPhIlE
i've done quite a few diets:
-Liquid Diet (only liquid)
-Calorie Diet (a certain amount of calories a day)
-Snack Diet (no main meals just snack)

and a bunch of others. But you should just exercise and eat healthy...the calorie made me lose like 3 pounds in a week. but its easy to gain back.

haha everyone says dont use the ______ diet, just eat healthy instead!!

rofl. omg no dont do the "eat healthy" diet!!! now that ive given it a name IT IS A STUPID FAD DIET AND WONT WORK

you say you lost weight when you limited you daily calories, but complain that you gained it back [when you returned to a calorie excess]. How surprising!

It seems that a lot of people (including you, from what i understand from your post) think that once you lose weight from a controlled diet, when you go back to you previous diet, you wont gain the weight back. Or as though the measure of a diet's quality is its ability to prevent that regaining of weight once you stop it.

I dont understand how you can think that is the case.
Reply 54
The Uni Diet..

i.e smoking, alcohol and pasta. I lost weight! :p:
jeff2233
Beer gets too much bad press... it's the pint glass that deserves the abuse!

Aagh, but it IS the pints! Well, i usually start with a pint (misunderstanding between 'pint' and 'half pint' by my boyfriend), then go through a number of halves. So it all adds up really!
rock_eleven
haha everyone says dont use the ______ diet, just eat healthy instead!!

rofl. omg no dont do the "eat healthy" diet!!! now that ive given it a name IT IS A STUPID FAD DIET AND WONT WORK

you say you lost weight when you limited you daily calories, but complain that you gained it back [when you returned to a calorie excess]. How surprising!

It seems that a lot of people (including you, from what i understand from your post) think that once you lose weight from a controlled diet, when you go back to you previous diet, you wont gain the weight back. Or as though the measure of a diet's quality is its ability to prevent that regaining of weight once you stop it.

I dont understand how you can think that is the case.

i am under no illusion that a diet that i stick to for a certain amount of time will allow me to stay thin indefinitely. i don't think anybody is, unless they are seriously unfortunately thick. of course if you go back to a weight gaining life style you will put all the weight back on!
however, it's far harder than you might think to maintain the weight you get to, unless you stay on a quasi permanent diet forever. it's not for lack of trying.
that's why losing large amounts of weight permantently is more about a lifestyle change.
however, it is my impression that this thread is mainly about post xmas type dieting, well it is for me anyways! in this case i put on weight because of out of the ordinary 3 week binge eating. which i hopefully, once i have lost some weight will not go back to and will carry on as normal.
so stop trying to sound clever and score points
mademoiselle84
i am under no illusion that a diet that i stick to for a certain amount of time will allow me to stay thin indefinitely. i don't think anybody is, unless they are seriously unfortunately thick. of course if you go back to a weight gaining life style you will put all the weight back on!
however, it's far harder than you might think to maintain the weight you get to, unless you stay on a quasi permanent diet forever. it's not for lack of trying.
that's why losing large amounts of weight permantently is more about a lifestyle change.
however, it is my impression that this thread is mainly about post xmas type dieting, well it is for me anyways! in this case i put on weight because of out of the ordinary 3 week binge eating. which i hopefully, once i have lost some weight will not go back to and will carry on as normal.
so stop trying to sound clever and score points

Why did you have to put that last line in : /

Regarding you first point, im very aware of how difficult it can be to lose fat and maintain it.

I had not considered that people here are trying to lose weight after christmas etc, and the way people have eaten over that time doesnt represent their normal diet - thats a good point. However, presumably by simply returning to their normal diet, they would lose the weight. More slowly probably, but theres no effort in eating "normally"

--Joe
Reply 58
~~hannah~~
Surely that means youre 7st 13. Which is well teeny (unless youre really short?) and so you probably well skinny anyway and don't need to lose an ounce so I wouldnt worry about another 3lbs. God how I'd love to be 7st 13 again! Damn Uni and alcohol. I always like 7st 12 though (110lbs - such a nice round number!)

x x x x

I am teeeeny weeny (5"1.)

I dont drink, and never have done really, so theres not that huge thing to combat when im tying to kick things out of my diet.

Your diet sounds hard to stick to. But thats because I have no willpower.
rock_eleven
Why did you have to put that last line in : /

Regarding you first point, im very aware of how difficult it can be to lose fat and maintain it.

I had not considered that people here are trying to lose weight after christmas etc, and the way people have eaten over that time doesnt represent their normal diet - thats a good point. However, presumably by simply returning to their normal diet, they would lose the weight. More slowly probably, but theres no effort in eating "normally"

--Joe

sorry i was in a bad mood cos i'm feeling really post xmas bloaty!
i don't think returning to a normal diet post xmas would do much good as it would only maintain your weight steadily at the higher level. a diet is need to return to your pre christmas weight, and then you can try and maintain it by eating normally!!
although, actually for me, i've had 6 months of overdoing it topped off by xmas so i really have to work hard!!
i think maintaining it post diet is often the hardest part because it's longer term, however.
did anyone see 'eating themselves to death' on channel 5 last night? SCARY.

Latest

Trending

Trending