The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Viking metal
Reply 21
Are you serious?? We like all sorts of music. just put a mixture on. I would not just bass a guy on his music and what type of music he plays. Play some good rave music so you guys can get dancing together on the dance floor!
Reply 22
Just put on mainstream music. You can't go wrong there. Or maybe you can..
What a huge generalisation hahaha.

But in all seriousness, you can't go wrong with the music channels. Or put on radio one on your tv then you aren't responsible for any **** music that comes on.
Original post by cats are cool
only death metal

I wish I could find a lass that listened to decent death metal :sad:
I have all kinds of good music scattered around on here: http://charli-rose.com ... its my blog that details my life on my gap year in LA where i work with drug addicts and homeless people... its actually becoming quite popular so check it out :smile:
What kind of dumb question is this
Personally as a girl I love classic rock, punk and metal. But none of my friends like those types :tongue: haha, so thinking of their tastes they like artists like The Wanted, Bruno Mars, The Killers, JLS. Can't remember many other names sorry they are the main ones they talk about I think :biggrin: Have fun at your house party!
Reply 28
:rolleyes:

But seriously, just put on Smash Hits/The Hits/Kiss 100 on the TV/radio. Should be fine.
Girly music.

Honestly though, music preference isn't sorted into boys and girls. -_-'
Reply 30
Personally I like a variety of classic heavy metal, power metal and thrash, however I wouldn't categorise all girls as incurable metalheads.
Play anything with native american pan pipes and she'll so fall for you...because of course....her falling for you is nothing to do with your behaviour to her or how she feels for you!

The particular song you play wont really make much difference. Just play a few good party songs. Play a range of things.....like some indie music (two door cinema club, MGMT, oasis) and play some party music like some of the songs in the charts. Just play whatever really.
Play some slower songs too...romantic ones like "three times a lady- by the commodorres i think....or Tom Jones....Michael Jackson with "man in the mirror" ...Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" is a good one too
Original post by Harry Redknapp
what sort of music do girls like? i'm having a house party in a few days with a bunch of girls coming and theres this bird i want to pull. i heard that girls like boys who have similar music tastes as them so i would like to know what sort of music they like to improve my chances. i'm happy to play anything as long as it isnt some sh*tty pop songs like cheryl cole or muse. thanks

:eek:Have you actually LISTENED to Muse? they are definitely not pop and far from ****ty.

I think you guys should just watch TV instead when the girls come over, avoid any conversations about music and stay clear of channels like VH1 before you call Frank Sinatra techno in front of the girl you LIKE. :facepalm:
Reply 33
What a pathetic question. I don't know a single girl that does not like ROZAY BAWSE.

Big Meech Larry Hoover

BAWSE

PLAY RICK ROSS HE A TEFLON DON
Reply 34
Think of good music for a house party instead of good music for girls...
Reply 35

Play this tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a35rNEBNiO4&ob=av2e

YOU WILL GET THAT GIRL YOU WANT WITH THIS. Remember ROZAY SOLVES PROBLEMS. He a DON.
Reply 36
A lot of different genres, currently I'm really into Depeche Mode and the Arctic Monkeys.
Reply 37
Put on swagger Jagger
Reply 38
I'd have my Spotify account open with a new playlist, so anyone at the party could select songs. Simple!
Original post by Bezaberry
He also put Cheryl Cole and Muse in the same genre, lol :biggrin:

lets look at the similarities of cheryl cole and muse shall we:

both crappy, unsophisticated pop songs
both have lyrics my four year old cousin could come up with
both whiny, angsty tones
both designed as crappy party songs that people can sing/chant along with
both rely on boring, one-dimensional 'catchy' tunes to compensate for their overall mediocrity
both marketed at the masses ie. people with a sh*t taste in music

same genre indeed, i dare say.

Latest