The Student Room Group

Got my Student Finance statement but no mention of a grant?

I applied through student finance, means-tested with my sister also at university. I asked and they stated I was entitled to a grant of sorts but I've had my final loan amount statement sent to me and no mention of a grant.

Is this statement just about the loan and the grant is a separate thing or am I just not entitled to it even though they said I was?

I apologise if I'm just being dumb but I thought it'd all be shown to me in bulk. xD

If any other details are needed then i'm off to Brunel (London, so higher loan anyway) to do 3 year journalism course, my loan amount is £5657 means tested yet no mention of a grant anywhere in this stack of paper they've sent me.
Reply 1
Sounds like you're not eligible for it, due to parental income.
Reply 2
They've done this for me. And im entitled to it because my parents income is low with only my dad working. I rang them up and they said it takes longer to be processed or something. Give them awhile longer and ring up!Im not singing the declartion form.
Reply 3
Sign the declaration form. It has nothing to do with your payments. Was same for me I didn't get the grant but signed the dec form, i phoned up too. Turns out it does take much longer to process things. Around 2 weeks after I phoned up actually. YOU MUST sign that bloody dec form asap.
Reply 4
My brother is also at uni and my Mum sent off the evidence with our forms together and mine has no mention of grants even though on my mum's wage I am entitled to one. I checked online on my student finance account and the same data was shown there but it said that it had not been income assessed. I'd check to make sure your's does not say the same.

But as the person above says signing the declaration is a good idea so that you at least have some sort of finance come September :smile:
Reply 5
Guys, read the post. The loan payable is £5657 means tested. The OP has been income assessed, they're just not eligible for the grant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending