The Student Room Group

Good books on German anti-Semitism?

Hi all,

I will be studying German anti-semitism over the past 200 years in History and am looking for some summer reading! Does anybody have any good books on the subject or German history in general from the 1800s.

Thanks very much
Reply 1
Erm, depends what kind of level you're looking to get into...

What I could recommend is maybe looking into some books which cover the Nazi period such as Robert Gellately and Gotz Aly which incorporates anti-semitism into the wider Nazi dictatorship and looks into whether people just turned a blind eye towards the Jews.
I could also email you a journal article I have somewhere on the Jews in the military before WWI and how they found their advancement blocked?
Reply 2
Original post by wozza1991
Erm, depends what kind of level you're looking to get into...

What I could recommend is maybe looking into some books which cover the Nazi period such as Robert Gellately and Gotz Aly which incorporates anti-semitism into the wider Nazi dictatorship and looks into whether people just turned a blind eye towards the Jews.
I could also email you a journal article I have somewhere on the Jews in the military before WWI and how they found their advancement blocked?
Thanks for your help. That would be brilliant if you could! Should I PM you?
Reply 3
Original post by Choppyy
Thanks for your help. That would be brilliant if you could! Should I PM you?

go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending